Tuesday, January 12, 2010

You guys rock!

Have I ever mentioned how much I love blogging?  You guys totally made my day when you stopped by and made me smile with all of your comments yesterday!  Thank you so much!  I was especially excited to get some new visitors to my blog (It was nice to hear from you!) and also a comment from my Hubby's Tia Grace, who read my post on my Facebook.  I started importing my blog on Facebook the other day so that it will be easy to catch my blog updates there.  Since several people in our family do Facebook, it's become a great way to share what's going on with us even if they don't do the blogging thing.

So I'm sure you guys are wondering which spelling we ended up going with.  I'm going to be a stinker and talk about that tomorrow, so that I can pick the winner of my little giveaway and do it all on one post.  I'll also share a little bit about my Hubby just in case you're wondering why I don't ever mention his name or wonder if I even let him have an opinion. :)  I'm definitely the more outspoken one between the two of us, but he definitely has his say so around here too!

Another thing I wanted to mention really quickly  is how neat it was to read that several people also shared some of same resolutions I posted about last week.  It got me thinking about how most of us really are in the same place in our lives in two really big areas:  Making more time for the Lord and our Hubbies.  It got me thinking too about how we really are blessed to be a part of this big circle of blogging friends to help encourage and be there for one another.  Even in the little things, it's nice to know that you have someone there to help keep you accountable to do the things you set out to do and stick with it.



Yesterday morning, I decided I'd try to start fresh and picked up a devotional my mom had given me a while back.  I've never been too good at consistently using devotionals, but I thought I could at least read one entry and then go find the verse in my Bible that it referenced.  I really want to read my Bible more, but I'm not too sure just where to start.  In all honesty, even as a former Pastor's kid, I really know very little about the Bible.  My desire really is to dig deep into God's word and arm myself with what I know will give me strength when I need to get through life's challenges.

Well, today I've got lots of things running through my mind about some new things I can blog about.  Like I've metioned before, I love having the blog as an outlet to share what's on my mind, but I was just wondering, is there anything more that can be done?  I would love to be a part of something we can do together to lift each other up.  My friend Veronnica mentioned last week that it might be fun to do something on our blogs where we share something in the Bible we're reading and how it's ministered to us.  I was even thinking it might be kinda neat to touch on other topics that many of us face, like fear or faith.  I'm far from an expert, but I do love to talk and I know lots of you out there have stuff you might have to share too.  Let me know what you think.  I really would love to hear what you have to say!

10 comments:

{:miss v:} said...

I'm so glad you're thinking of doing a devotional for yourself! I, like you, start one but never get around to finishing it!

We should totally do the Bible study thing within our blogs! What do you think about everyone who wants to participate do the same one? I know that I recently got an Esther study by Beth Moore. It was for the woman's Bible study at my church. Let me know what you think!

Sarah @ Preaching In Pumps said...

I started one last year, but I really didn't like it - and that made it hard for me to keep up. I think I stopped in March or April :( - but if you think about it, your blog is a way of sharing your life and faith - and we all do a fairly good job at not letting them slip through the cracks. So maybe we're connected more than we think we are!!

Holly said...

I've always wanted to do a devotional and stick with it and this year I am! Of course, I have my friend Trisha who is doing the devotional with me to keep accountable. That's really helped! It's been great!

He & Me + 3 said...

I totally need to link my blog to facebook too. I need to learn how. That devotional title sounds good. I would love to hear your insight on what you are studying...always nice to read what God is doing in peoples lives.

Unknown said...

Well I for one love reading your blog!! I would love to blog/chat about different topics, how fun! Have a great night!!

The Pifer's said...

I love reading you blog sweetie...I think I've been 'hooked on you' since day one, haha...but seriously you are an amazing blogger and amazing friend and I wouldn't trade that for anything...

I didn't post the other day, but I love the name you choose...I love it spelled with a Y...BEAUTIFUL!!!

Love, Hugs and Prayers-
Tiff

Kristin said...

Ha! I like Tiffany's comment :D

I think that in a non-traditional way, our blogs really are a source of Christian fellowship to us all. I really think the Lord knew that we would all be a great source of encouragement to each other! I would love to do a bible study or just share what we're learning. I'm up for anything!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comment! I love the name Alivia, no matter how you spell it! That was the name of a little girl of the first blog I ever followed! I hope all is well!! Maybe I'll be better at blogging???? ;)

Kari said...

Your posts always have enthusiasm seeping from them. Love it!

prashant said...

That's really helped! It's been great!

Work from home