Friday, January 8, 2010

10 Goals for 2010

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner


This week's topic on Kelly's Show Us Your Life is New Year's Resolutions for 2010.  It's been a while since I've joined in, but I thought today would be a good day to do that since I have some things I want to improve on this year.

Over the last week or so, I've been hearing different people talk about things they'd like to make a plan to do this year.  In all honesty, I'm not a big resolution person.  I actually don't think I've ever sat down to figure out what things I want to accomplish during the year, come to think of it.  I think the reason for that is because I'm terrible at making big plans to accomplish big things only to drop out somewhere through the year and forget all about what I had resolved to do.  Despite all of my feelings about resolutions, I've decided to write down some things I've been thinking about lately in the hopes that posting them here on the blog will help to keep me more accountable to do these things.  The things I hope to accomplish really are do-able.  It's just a matter of making a conscious effort to make a few changes.  So...in no particular order, here are my 2010 Resolutions:

1.) Be better about meal planning for dinner.  I know I can do way better in this area if I really try.  Besides that, planning dinners ahead of time will help us save money in the long run and will eliminate ordering out at the last minute.

2.) Be a better manager of my time on the computer.  This is a tough one, especially since I love to blog so much and I have the hat business.  I know things will change when the baby comes, but in the meantime, I really want to do better about making better use out of my computer time.

3.) Do more one-on-one learning things with the girls.  I really would like to do more activities with the girls in addition to letting them have their free play time.  I'm having a hard time figuring out what kind of things to do with Alyssa that will keep her attention, but I really want to work harder at helping her get ready for school.  I can't believe I can actually say that this is the year she'll be starting school.  Time has realy flown by!

4.) Be more consistent about making my Hubby's lunch/coffee everyday.  He works really hard so I can stay home with the kids.  Making his lunch is really the least I can do to show him I appreciate him.

5.) Spend more time with the Lord. Don’t just give him the leftovers.  This one is a huge one for me.  I know I can give the Lord so much more.  I'm ashamed to admit that I spend almost zero time reading my Bible.  I really want to do better in this area and give the Lord the time that He deserves.

6.) Consider my Hubby’s needs more and do more things for him without worrying about what I’ll get in return as far as help around the house or help with the kids.  It's so easy to forget that he has needs too when I get so caught up with the girls and all they need from me.  I want to go back to remembering what it was like to do things for my Hubby out of love and not out of obligation.

7.) Be consistent about sending out cards for special occasions.  Write and send out more handwritten notes.  I love giving and receiving hand written notes and I really want to be better about taking the time to pick out cards to make someone's day.  It's especially easy in our family to not give/send out a birthday card if there's no birthday party held for a person, but that still shouldn't be an excuse for me not to sent them one anyway.  I know how much they make my day, so I know it makes other people feel special that you remembered them.

8.) Find a home church.  This one is huge and it's something I talk about a lot.  I know we need to be in church, so I'm hoping we'll break out of our shell and find somewhere we feel comfortable.

9.) Lose 20 lbs. (In addition to the baby weight).  I am terrible at weight loss goals, but this needs to be something I work really hard to accomplish this year.  I want to look in the mirror and feel good about what I see.  I know I can do it, if I really make the effort.

10.) Blog as if no one's reading.  I love having this blog to be able to write about things that are on my mind, but sometimes I find myself getting caught up in worrying about what other people will think about what I write about or the fact that I take way too long to tell a story.  I want to stay true to the person I really am and not pretend to be someone I'm not.  This is my place to share what's going on, whether it be good or bad. 

Well, these are just 10 things I want to accomplish this year.  I know there's so much more I could list but I want to start off with these.  It might even be fun to come back to this post half way through the year to see how well I've done to stay on track with my goals.  Let's see what happens!

9 comments:

Linda said...

You Go Girl...I'm rooting for ya! (:>) I am sure that you will accomplish what you set out to do...by God's grace... and with His help!

He is our source! (:>)

Love, Linda

{:miss v:} said...

A lot of these are things I'd like to do myself. Meal planning is a big one. Spending more play and learning time with Evan. Reading my Bible more.

Maybe we could do these together?? Like maybe get a Bible study together and talk about it on our blogs with each other? Ooooo...that sounds fun!

Anna Gray said...

Hope you accomplish those things! I definitley have my list of things I want to accomplish too.

Unknown said...

I love all of your goals! I feel like you read my mind for everything that I want to do, other than the home church :) Kinda hard there since I work for our church, ha! Here's to you and your goals in 2010!

He & Me + 3 said...

Those are great...I need to do better with meal planning and making hubby lunches too.

Kristin said...

I love your list of goals! Most of them would be my goals too. I love the blog as if no one is reading one and the one about your hubby working hard for you to be able to stay home....I think that one got me to thinking and I do take for granted that Morgan's working allows me to stay home. I know you'll be able to do these!

christy rose said...

These are all great goals Veronica! I love the ones about appreciating your husband more. I have always been able to stay at home. He is a very hard worker and a very good man. I need to take on that goal myself. I think I will! :) Thanks

Jenilee said...

I loved reading your list of goals! They are all a challenge to those of us who read your blog! sounds like some great things to shoot for. :)

Holly said...

These are all great things! Many of these I need to work on myself so it was nice reading them!