Anyhow...on Saturday morning, my sister Yvonne emailed me a list of names she thought I might like. Some of them were definite "no's" but others were ones I had been considering. Let me just add in here that it's been tough finding a name that isn't someone else's child's name. Especially now that I blog.
Well, the name that stood out to me the most was Olivia. I'd considered that name before but kinda put it out of my mind. For some reason, seeing it again sparked a new thought in my head. I really liked that name but in the back of my mind, I'd been hanging onto the idea of finding another "A" name. The thought then came to me...how about we change the spelling so that it starts with an "A" instead?" We could even go a little further and change the spelling even more to make it a little more original.
We could change it to...
Alyvia
or...
Just stick with...
Alivia
I mentioned the name to my Hubby and he immediately thought it was perfect! Like I also mentioned before, since both Alyssa and Audrey have Grace for their middle names, this litle girl will also carry on that same name and have Grace as her middle name too!
So there you have it. We have a name! I am so excited but the only thing now is deciding on the spelling. I really, really wanted to go with something that had a "y" in it like Alyssa and Audrey's names do, but at the same time, I don't want the spelling to be so confusing that people won't know how to prounounce the name clearly if they just see it on paper.
And that's where all of you come in. Can you do me a huge favor today and give me your imput? I would love to hear what you think about the spelling of the name. And just for some added fun, I wanted to do just a tiny little giveaway today as well. The other day when I had my day out to myself, I found a few little cute things and picked them up without quite knowing who the items would be for. And then...it came to me. The letter I wrote to the baby the other day was my 200th post! Can you believe it? Since I didn't include any fun giveaway on that post, I thought I could just do that today.
So...if you want to help me with your imput as far as the spelling of our little girl's name that would be great! Just leave me a comment and include which spelling you like better and why! That will really help me to make up my mind! Thanks so much and hope everyone's having a great start to their week!
P.S. Here's what the tiny giveaway will include ( a journal, a little notepad and some soap rose petals)!
I'll pick a winner first thing Wednesday morning! Thanks so much for your help!!!
30 comments:
I think you found a great name!! I like the spelling Alyvia. That's the one that stood out to me more. I think either way [most] people should be able to pronounce it correctly.
Veronica -
ooh! That is wonderful! You have a name! Personally I would go with the spelling that has the "y" because not only will your three girls share Grace but they will also be connected by the "y".
LOVE LOVE LOVE the baby girl's name....
here is another idea...Alyviah Grace otherwise I go with
Alyvia Grace..
xo to you and yours!!!
CHAR
So glad you found a name. I kind of like the way Alivia looks. I hope the rest of your days waiting for Alivia (or Alyvia) go smoothly!
So happy for you all to have settled on a name!
I like Alyvia! Love how it has a 'y' like the rest of your girls. There is actually a little girl at our church with her name spelled like that. :)
came across your blog from someone's else..i love reading your blog and LOVE the name Alivia..check out my blog sometime..
I'm a fan of the y, too. Alyvia is just beautiful! And I really think it looks like it sounds so there shouldn't be too much confusion. I really wanted to go with Molli but the hubs was intent, it must be Molly. Anywho, love love love Alyvia!
How am I so late commenting on this post? Anyhow, you know I absolutely love the name! I think it's perfect, it's sweet, it's beautiful and it just fits! Yay! I'm so excited for you!!!!
I really think either spelling would work, but I am like everyone else.....it would be neat for them to all have the "y" in there too.
Awwww.....my mind is racing at all of the things I could make with her name on it. :D
How neat that it ended up to be your 200th post! I love the goodies you picked out....they're so pretty!
Beautiful choice! I like Alyvia, because it just looks pretty with that y and y's are fun to write in cursive ;)
I know most people are going to say with the y for reasons like, it follows the pattern, it is unique..yada, yada, ha! BUT, in my personal kindergarten teacher opinion I would spell in Alivia- otherwise other people will misspell it her ENTIRE life!!! and it still fits because it is with an A and doesn't look like you tried to hard!!!
I am expecting in May and we have it narrowed down to 2 names---Alivia being one of them too!!! Great name! :)
Oh I read through the comments and liked how char spelled it
alyviah
I like aliviah too. the h on the end is kind of nice!
love the name!
Well...I understand the reason for the "y" now, but I still like Alivia better. I love the way it looks & I think it'll be less confusing spelling-wise. I see I'm in the minority though. :) I just know from experience that the easier spelling will make a HUGE difference.
I LOVE that name spelled with an 'A'. I have never thought of that. I definitely prefer the second spelling. I guess I will let go of my hope of you naming her Amy :) HA! You know I was just kidding you anyway.
Blessings,
Amy
Hey sweet friend. I like the way Alyvia looks but I like how Alivia isn't confusing on the spelling. And this is coming from a person that had her name misspelled all her life! That's probably not helpful :o) So exciting that you have a name!
I like Alivia. My God Daughter is Kate Olivia and I just think it is such a beautiful name. As a future teacher I think spelling it with a y might get some pronunciation problems. Alivia is a little more straight forward. It is too neat that all of your girls have the middle name Grcace. I cannot wait until I have a little girl and can name her Elizabeth Grace. Elizabeth is my middle name and I just love Grace. I am sure your girls cannot wait for her to be here!
OK, I love the name, I like Alyvia!! Fallon's middle name is Olivia but because I speak southern it sounds like we say Alivia!! So I really love it!!
Steph
i love Alyvia! i love y's in names too hence Aryssa. good luck picking!
I love that name. I have an Olivia! It is a beautiful name! I like both spellings. Alivia would be an easy say. But, Alyvia would fit it with your other girls better. I liked the Alyviah spelling too. That is very different and I do not think people could pronounce it any other way. Even Alyviea would be pretty.
I love the spelling with the A, Aliviah (spelled that way for us) has been on our baby name list for 4 years we haven't quite settled on a middle name Grace, Faith or Rose and the second one seems fitting with everything that has happened in the last 4 years. Before we met even Audrey and Alyssa have also been on our list. We have a thing for A names well at least for girls because our son's name begins with an L.
Oh I love your choice Veronica. Alyvia Grace is beautiful. I vote for the "y". But I wouldn't put an h at the end like some have said...I think that makes it a bit more complicated.
However, which ever way you decide to spell it...it is perfect! Especially with your other girls names.
Glad your hubby likes it too.
Love, Linda
Veronica:
Just beautiful. Truly either spelling is just perfect.
Love their middle names, so special that they share the name.
Your girls are blessed. . .
I love it! I think I like it better with the Y because both the girls have y's in their names too. I knew you would find a name and it is perfect.
I loooooooooooove it!!!!!
I think spelling it "Alyvia" is absolutely beautiful. It keeps with the tradition but I don't think it's too confusing for people.
Yayyyy!! Baby girl has a name!!
I just came back by to say that I think the spelling Alyvea is a cute way to spell it too. :)
Beautiful name! I like Alyvia because it goes along with your other girls having a "y" in their names. Whatever you choose, I know it will fit her perfectly. I love Grace, but I guess I am prejudiced, as it is my middle name and my granddaughter's middle name.
Blessings, Sarita Boyette
sboyette@tx.rr.com
I'm so glad you found a name! It's always so much easier to picture your little girl (or boy) when they have a name!
I like the way the 'y' spelling looks. Maybe I'm a nerd, but how would it be pronounced? At first I thought it was 'Al-iva' but then I thought it was 'A-livia'. Does that make sense? haha!
Congratulations on the name! ;)
I love, love, love that name! And I would totally make it with a "y". You are the mom, you get to change it and no one will ask questions! Okay, maybe someone will, but who cares :)
i love it!!
and i was telling my friend about the name you had picked out and she went to mcd's after her son's gym class. and the person who took their order was an Alivia!! how crazy.
i say spell it however YOU want. but i do like it with a y. makes it different. and i like spelling my kids' names different. since i'm homeschooling i don't have to worry about anyone mispelling it. do what your heart says. either way it's pretty. and you could do liv and lyv. :0) or livvy. :0) love the nickname too.
That is such a pretty name! I like it spelled 'Alivia' more than Alyvia...just my opinion though! Hope everything goes well with her!
P.S. Be sure to enter the giveaway I posted on my blog. :0)
Post a Comment