A few weeks ago, I told myself I was pretty sure I was done with blogging. I was feeling sad and sorry for myself and I said to myself to just forget about it. The days passed and the more I thought about it, the more I realized I was wrong about the whole thing. I've missed it so much and feel like there is so much that I have left to share. God has been working on my heart and my family's and showing us that through trials, we can find our way back to Him. Besides that, I loved how this blog has been a journal for my family all these years and if I quit now, I'll have nothing to document our growing girls and the things that make my heart happy.
Over the last couple of months, I've vaguely shared our struggles without many specific details. While I don't feel the exact details are something I really have to go into, what I will share is that this past year has been the hardest year of my life. It's involved the loss of a home and a job...a good job. The things my husband and I used to cling to for our own security have been removed so that we can learn how to die to ourselves and ask the Lord to fill us up with Him. It's been a struggle of having faith and really believing that He can provide everything we need when every circumstance around us is screaming at us to give up.
What we've gone through over the past year has changed the way I see everything.
I'm learning so much and I just wanted to share with anyone else out there who's struggling that there is hope. And there's a God who loves you and wants you to give Him everything you have so He can take control and show you a better life than you can make on your own.
For a long time, I thought I could do things on my own and some days I still try. I'm thankful that the Lord is opening up my heart to the realization that He is all I need and He will get me through.
We're still walking through some difficult things and literally have to rely on the Lord for everything living, breathing moment, but instead of dreading what the next day has in store, I'm finally looking ahead with hope at what doors He will be opening up. I know something good has to be ahead!
Since I've been listening to nothing but KLOVE these days, I've found myself loving this new song that came on last week. I found this video of the song on You Tube and thought I'd share it. I love the words and every time I hear it, it speaks to me, exactly right where I am.
11 comments:
i'm glad i saw this before i shut off my computer. i'm glad you are not "done" for good. i think it's great to take breaks. to step back. to whatever. but to know that "we" are always here when you come back is so nice, isn't it! of course I am always here. not just on the blog stuff. but always. you know i'm always praying for you. and actually shaun asked me the other day how fern's job was going, how IS it going? i feel bad i haven't asked already. i'm so blessed to know you and love you so very much. and can't wait to hang out with you again!!!
Veronica I am so proud of you...proud of the way you love the Lord! Proud of how you are trusting Him these days! I know He will never disappoint you...and never let you down. You may continue to have trials...as a matter of fact, we all will from time to time, but we can KNOW that He will walk us through each one of them, and give us grace to get through them!
I am glad you are going to continue to blog. I miss you when you don't. (:>)
Love you lots!
Momma Linda
Way to go Veronica. I can tell by your words your faith is growing. This season will pass. We all have valleys, desert and mountain top experiences. They don't last forever . . . hang in there your on the way to the mountaintop once again.
Oh, I love that song and it has been speaking to my soul lately, too. Thanks for posting it on here! Every time I hear it on kLove, I think, "I need to find that on YouTube."
Thanks, Ver! Hugs to you! ♥
Been thinking of you often and with all that you're going through I see just how much strength you have. You are much stronger than you know and I know a lot of it has to do with your faith. Just remember things will always get better. I tend to forget that sometimes. ((HUGS))
Oh Ver...you've been on my heart and in my prayers so often lately. I wish we weren't so far away because I would totally drop by unexpected just to give you a hug. I'm so glad you are still "here", because I've so enjoyed connecting with you this way. There are definitely times I don't "feel" like blogging, but it has been the best therapy for me - a place where I can freely share my heart and a place where I'm not judged for the mess I am - instead I have found steadfast love and support from so many wonderful women. And I love being able to document not just my family's life...but my own life - the work that God is doing and continues to do in me. And girl, He is definitely not finished with you yet - keep on looking up and remember that He will be your guide through every trial and every storm. Because He is the only one who will never leave or forsake you. *Hugs*
Glad you are still around and blogging. Continuing to lift you up xo
So happy your still here & keeping you in my prayers always.
I read this but couldn't comment earlier so I'm back! So glad you're going to keep blogging! Love you so much!!
Hey! I just noticed the plaque in your header. Love! :)
I clicked on your blog because you left just such a nice comment on happyascanbe's blog....no surprise, your site is uplifting...
as a new blogger, i've found it therapeutic...do what feels right, you have beautiful writing! never heard of klove before can't wait to figure out what it is...gorgeous song..thank u!
Michy
lovingourjourney.com
Post a Comment