Two weeks ago, I shared that I got some hard news and I was going through something really difficult. At the time, I didn't have the words to share the details of it or maybe it was just that I was afraid that being that open would cause me to be exposed more than I wanted to be. At any rate, I think it was mainly fear of telling people what's really going on "behind the scenes" and how that would put me in a place where I was vulnerable. I'm aware that some read this blog just to hear about the details of our life without any genuine interest in loving on me or my family and come here just to get "the scoop." I know that sounds paranoid but when you've experienced what I have over the last year since losing out house, and what it feels like firsthand to have people make comments to you about your life after they've read things on your blog or FB, then it causes you to think long and hard about what you write about before hitting that publish button.
Oh how I wish I could just put it all out there. But I just can't. At least not right now.
Instead, I just want to ask for your prayers tonight. We are in desperate need of a breakthrough for our family in a way that only God can move. Our faith has been tested and we are clinging to the Lord with everything we have. I've wondered to myself if I've been praying wrong or what I could be doing differently. At the heart of it, I am reminded that I serve a big God and NOTHING is too hard for Him. His timing is perfect and I have to rest in that.
Thank you so much to those of you who truly love me and my family and for praying for us. You have no idea how much your prayers and support mean to us. Thank so much, also, to the handful of friends who were so sweet to leave encouraging words on my last post too. I've been so lost in thought these days that I haven't made the time to thank you all individually. I value you all so much. :)
20 comments:
Praying for you during this time that seems so uncertain. Thank you for being transparent through it and I look forward to hearing how God will build you up for His glory!!!!!
Sending you some prayers and hugs! I know how tough it has been for you and we are hoping you find the right answers soon. I believe that things will get better. They always do and you'll come out stronger than ever. If there is anything, I mean absolutely anything you need from us don't hesitate in letting us know.
Veronica, your new friend from My Freshly Brewed Life. And I want you to know that I am here, because I do care. I know first hand what you are experiencing and I want to cover you in prayer. I've been there and am still am in many ways. Thank you for your transparency. I hope you don't mind if I follow along. I hope to encourage you!
Your family is beautiful!
Hey Ver,
I've started journaling recently and it has made a HUGE difference. I have definitely cut back on what I put "out there" for several reasons, but I still needed to write. Think about journaling, or starting a virtual prayer group with the people that you know are genuine (but privately, through email). It might help you release some of what you're going through, but not so publicly.
Praying for you.
xo
sarah
Your are surrounded in prayer. God is so good. I'm praying for you!
praying for you....just remember god is good. we are here to support you. ((((huggs))))
You are in my prayers. Just hang in there & have faith. Things will all work out. Love ya!
I love you, sweet friend. I want you to know, that whatever you are going through, God will never leave you or forsake you. I wish I could be there to give you a big hug or be available to you all the time on the phone, because I love you so...but our lives have both been so crazy in the past year. I am praying for you, sweet friend, and I know He hears and knows our hearts...and He will give you the wisdom and power and strength to get through this. I've thought of this verse often: "He has not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and a sound mind". (I can't remember the reference at the moment, but I know the verse by heart because God has used it to speak to me lately.) I've thought of it this way - He gives me the same power that raised His son from the dead, the same power that spoke into the darkness and created all things...LOVE that is unconditional and never ending and more than I deserve...and SOUND MIND to not allow anxious thoughts and fears to overwhelm me, to say to those negative thoughts, BE GONE YOU HAVE NO PLACE HERE...because He has already set me free from my strongholds...and I know and believe He will do the same for you. Did I mention that I LOVE YOU???
PS - I saw the comment about journaling and want to add what a HUGE difference journaling has made for me, just being able to put down in words what I'm feeling without being vulnerable to the whole world...and, don't ever be afraid to seek a counselor who will listen and hear your heart without any bias. My counselor has been a huge blessing to me.
Hey Veronica. I know we aren't neighbors anymore but I am here if you need to talk or go to dinner or for a walk. I only hope that things will get better and I will be saying a prayer for you. We love and miss you guys and I'm here if you need someone.
I've been wanting to ask you about the things I need to be doing for preschool since you are my expert. I miss you on Facebook. Let me know if there is anything I can do.
I'm sorry Ver. Praying for you tonight :) Hoping that life gets better soon and that God will ease up on the storm.
Hugs,
Trisha
ps- I still want to order some more hats if you the time.
We all have experienced those times when we need a touch from God so bad yet He seems silent. Where are you? You said you would never leave me. Where are you? I think God gives us these times for us to really see our own faith. Will we continue to trust and believe Him in His silence? If we can do that - nothing can ever rock our world.
This saying has always been the thing to get me through these times of God's silence. The desert times. "When you can't trace His hand - trust His heart ! You know His heart Veronica. His heart is what sent his only son to the cross just for you. That is His heart. Don't worry about seeing His hand - trust that wonderful heart. You'll get through this. And one day be better for it.
Praying for you and your lovely little family.
Praying always for you sweet Veronica. You are planted firmly in my heart! I love your hubby and family too. John prays for you all of the time too! We count it a blessing to bring your needs before the Lord.
Things will get better...in God's perfect timing. Please hang in there and hold tightly to Him.
Sounds like your ocean therapy is a great thing. I always have drawn strength and peace from my quiet times at the beach. (Living in Kansas I miss the ocean so much!) I hope to have a trip to see the ocean again some day.
Sometimes we do just need to be still...and know that He is God. Maybe when you feel like you can't be vulnerable, or put it all into words...then just be still and let Him bring you peace. He will guide you.
Sometimes we do have to wait...but we all know that nothing is too hard for God. With Him all things are possible.
Praying for God to rain down blessings into your life very soon!
Love, Momma Linda
You have been so heavy on my heart! I wish we lived closer and I could do more. I really do! But since we are so far away, I just pray for you. And I will keep praying for you, Fern, the girls.... All of you. He is surely refining you now as you are put to the test....Lord, please pour your blessings onto Ver now!
I totally know what you mean! I'd love to be more transparent on my own blog but I don't b/c one of the reasons is there are people who are 'nosy' and just want how you put it 'the scoop' on our family. I don't like that but I can't prevent it unless I go private and I really don't want to do that b/c I know it's harder to keep up w/ private blogs. (Wish they showed up in reader!)
I will be praying for you and your family in whatever difficult time you are going thru.
Sending lots of prayers and many hugs your way! Hang in there! God's timing is perfect though we can't see it until it passes! Love you friend!
Praying for you so much. {{{Hugs}}}
Love ya!!
praying for you and with you! Remember, there is no way to pray wrong. God hears your heart's cry!
I have no idea why that last comment says awake... that was me! weirdness!
So I was a little preoccupied in January, missed this blog. My prayers are with you! Love Danielle
Post a Comment