But sometimes there are just times when you are completely broken and life feels very hopeless. That's the place I've been at for the last few days.
At the beginning of the week, I got some news that upset me deeply. Sadness gripped me and I've been feeling almost hopeless. It's times like that when I feel all alone and just wish I could close everything down of value to me and just give up. I wish I could say that all I've done was cling to Jesus and see truth in all, but that has been so hard. I know He's at my side through every moment, both good and bad, but sometimes it's so hard to pull yourself up out of the pit.
It was somewhere the other day that I saw a friend sharing the words to a song by Barlow Girl that struck a cord in me. They said,
I believe in the sun, even when it's not shining,
I believe in love, even when I don't feel it.
I believe in God, even when He is silent.
I've been praying for what feels like the longest time, for an answer to come to something very specific. And some days it feels like I pray and pray and I hear nothing. I have no choice but to cling to the Lord with what strength I do have. For whatever reason, He is being quiet and hasn't sent an answer yet. I can't express just how much I wish the answer would come already but what I do know is that I trust Him and I believe that He hears my request and that He will intervene when His timing is just right.
This week I've been to the beach twice. Once at sunset and once in the morning. I'm not sure what it is about the beauty of looking out onto that water, but something about it gives me hope.
| Photo taken by me overlooking the ocean in Shell Beach |
I'm holding onto that hope that He is with me, even when I barely have the strength to get out of bed or to face another day. He is there and He promised He'd never leave me or forsake me.
I believe.
13 comments:
Looking out at the ocean gives us a sense of peace due to the continuity of it...it never ends. As the Lord's love and grace over our lives...it's everlasting!
I hope that you continue to feel His peace while finding yourself in this season.
For everything there is a season, and a time for everything under heaven.
<3
Hold on and keep repeating bible verses and the Lord's prayer even if you don't feel you believe them. You speak what you believe and you believe what you speak! Hold on friend.
Veronica My Bride,
There will be times that you will feel I am far from you. That is not true, My love. Your feelings will deceive you, but I never will. I am the truth that will forever help you find your way back to Me. So whenever you feel lost, just look up, and I will be the one to light your way when you are lost. When your world seems dark, I will be your compass and your comfort. I will carry you over the finish line of your faith when you're too weary to run. You will never be lost as long as you keep your eyes on Me. Even when you don't have the strength to go on, I will be come your strength. Love,
Your Prince and Your Way, Jesus
Psalm 139:5-6 You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to understand!
Hi friend!
I know, it has been awhile :) But I still read!
I just thought I'd let you know that you are so right! Hold onto that Hope that Jesus is there, at any & all times and will never forsake you!
Thinking of you!
I know exactly what you mean about the ocean. When I lived in California I loved to just go to the beach and watch the ocean roll back and forth. My momma used to say it shows us the power of God! He holds it in its bounds...yet he allows it to move back and forth. I have prayed many a prayer looking at the ocean...and a great peace always fills my soul.
May the peace that passes understanding fill your soul today Veronica. Just keep believing in Him, and trusting Him. Things will change in His timing...and He will give you grace to get through this.
I will be praying!
Love, Momma Linda
((Hugs))
There is something about the ocean that blows my mind. To think the God of the universe who knows the count of the grains of sand on that beach, also knows and loves both of is with an unconditional love.... Wow!!!!
I am heart broken for you, and I am praying for you. I will respond to your email soon bit know I am praying.
I like what Lobster said above. Repeat God's promises to yourself over and over. Psalm 9:10 is a favorite of mine. He never forsakes us. Never. Even now.
Love you.
Oh my Heavens.... Not Lobster!!! Lindy!!!!! Dang auto correct on my phone!?! :-)
LOL! I think the Lord had B's phone put Lobster just to crack you up. I was LOL when I read that. Haha! What everyone said is so true. It is amazing to see God's creation and His beauty and that gives a peace, even when you don't feel Him near, but you just know that you know that you know that He is there and He will not forsake you. He writes our stories and sometimes those chapters are hard to get through, but once they're all put together, you can look back and see how it had to happen the way it did for the story to make sense. It will all make sense soon. Your faith is so strong, even when you don't think it is.....it is. I love you!
Beautiful post & so true !!!
i read this the other day on my phone, but couldn't comment. today i can. :) i love this post. i love your "real"-ness. isn't it great how good our God is? i believe as well. and have been praying for you continually. love you sweet friend.
ps. can't wait to see shell beach in real life...in three months. ((i'm already sad to think in three months i have to come home tomorrow. lol.))
the words to the song are so true. Sometimes God is silent and it can be a struggle when all we want is an answer. Keep praying just as Jesus kept praying when He struggled. much love hun
This song has brought me so much comfort in those times when He seems "silent" and I just don't understand...I pray they bring you comfort too...
There are moments on our journey following the Lord
Where God illumines ev’ry step we take.
There are times when circumstances make perfect sense to us,
As we try to understand each move He makes.
When the path grows dim and our questions have no answers, turn to Him.
Bow the knee;
Trust the heart of your Father when the answer goes beyond what you can see.
Bow the knee;
Lift your eyes toward heaven and believe the One who holds eternity.
And when you don’t understand the purpose of His plan,
In the presence of the King, bow the knee.
There are days when clouds surround us, and the rain begins to fall,
The cold and lonely winds won’t cease to blow.
And there seems to be no reason for the suffering we feel;
We are tempted to believe God does not know.
When the storms arise, don’t forget we live by faith and not by sight.
Post a Comment