Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Five things...

I have a few things I need to share to get this blog up to date, but before I do that I just wanted to mention a few things on my mind tonight.

1....I'm so glad Christmas is over.  I know I must sound like a terrible person, but it's true. This year was a different kind of Christmas for us in lots of ways and I honestly feel like I barely survived it.  Between the pressure to spend lots of money you don't have and to do the whole Santa thing, which our family doesn't do, I just felt so overwhelmed.  We were on such a tight budget this year that we weren't able to get the girls too much. Both sides of the family really blessed our girls so much and they got some special gifts.  At the heart of it, I wanted the girls to grasp the true meaning of Christmas so we made sure to do something new this year.  My mom and I made a birthday cake for Jesus. It was yummy!



2....And speaking of Christmas being over....I decided to pack all things Christmas up first thing yesterday and that's what I did.  I feel so much better that all the pine needles are picked up and everything's back to it's clean self.

3....I changed out my blog header so that I could put up some more of the pics my friend Nightingale took of us.  I also changed up the sizing of the blog so I could make the pics in the header bigger.  I think I really like it so much more now!


4... I've been feeling for a long time now that I've been guarding what I say for fear of judgement or worry about who would be reading. I think it's time to take back my old blogging self and share my feelings and thoughts, aside from just journaling what kinda stuff I made or did.

5...And speaking about being true to myself, I've decided to eliminate doing reviews and giveaways on here.  I honestly don't have as many readers as I used to have to really get any word out about new products on a large scale. I appreciate the time people have taken to enter but I just think it's time to stop selling myself for free stuff.

I think that's my little list for now. Hopefully tomorrow I can share some Christmas pics. :)


4 comments:

Kristin said...

Love the blog header! I'll have to look at it on my computer so I can get the full effect. I'm ready for my tree to be put up too, but this baby won't let me put him down. Lol! Love the bday cake!

Jenilee said...

I can't wait to clean up the Christmas stuff when I get home! we might do a little furniture rearranging too :)

HappyascanB said...

1. While I loved every minute of Christmas this year, I've totally been there where I was sooooo ready for it to be over. So I empathize. I really do. Hope 2012 finds you breathing a sigh of relief and fills your heart with hope for a great year!

2. I'm 99% done with undecorating. But goodness knows, am I the only one who always feels like my house looks so blah and bare after Christmas? :-/

3. LOVE the header! One day I am going to ask you to teach me how to do that stuff!! Please!!

4. This is YOUR blog, YOUR space. Say what you want to say when you want to say it. You can totally do that. I know it's hard for you; you're such a people pleaser (takes one to know one, I think!), but really, it's YOURs, Ver!!!

5. I never knew how you could keep all that straight anyway! Good for you!

Holly said...

I think Christmas went pretty quickly this year. The whole year went quick!!

You should always feel free to be open in your space no matter who reads it.