Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Going missing...and a prayer request, please!

On Monday afternoon and out of the clear blue, Alivia developed a little cough.  By that night, things seemed to get worse and she had a terrible night with lots of coughing, gagging and throwing up.  The past two days have included even more coughing, nasal stuffiness, and general irritibility so this morning I decided it would be best to call her doctor.  They were able to fit us in this morning and after checking her out, her Nurse Practitioner suspects she has whooping cough.  The craziest thing about it is that the rest of us in the house feel totally fine.  Go figure, huh?

At our visit today, the Nurse Practitioner took a swab inside of her nose to get a culture to test and see if she for sure has what they suspect.  In the meantime, they've put her on Zithromax and are treating her as if she does have whooping cough.  They also want all of us in the house to be on the same antibiotic and they want for both me and my Hubby to go and get the pertussis vaccine.  They are super concerned because of Livvie's age and how fast this seems to be spreading in our area.

While at the office this morning, they also mentioned that they would be contacting the Public Health Department since this is a condition that's of major concern right now.  I ended up getting a call from a nurse from the county clinic asking me if she could come by this afternoon.  She did come by, along with another gentleman and they sat and talked with us.  They asked us a zillion questions and took down the girls' previous vaccination information and went on their way.

The doctor's office told me they should have the test results back within the next three days but in the meantime, I'll be giving Livvie her antiobiotic and praying that she gets better soon.  Will you pray for her with us?  We would totally appreciate it so much.  Seriously...seeing your little one feeling yucky is not fun at all.

Here she was today during her one really good nap...

It's only Wednesday and it feels like it's been a long week already.  I am SO behind with blogging, especially blog reading so please forgive me.  I've decided that it would be best if I took the next several days off from posting at least so that I can focus on getting Livvie better!  I hope everyone is doing well and thank you so much for always being there for us!!!

P.S.  Be sure to check out Veronnica's blog tomorrow for Day 5 of her Blogiversary Bash!  Both Kristin and I will be giving away something fun...You'll want to check it out! :)

18 comments:

Kristin said...

Awwww....she looks so precious and peaceful sleeping. So sweet!

I will of course be praying for her! I hope that the medicines will work great for her and help her to get better fast! I know that the Lord will take care of her.

I bet that was weird having them come over to talk to you! It sounds like they're doing a great job with getting it all under control. I hope the next few days go smoothly with you getting vaccinated and getting your medicines. I wish I could be there to help you out!

Give Livvie a big hug from Miss Kristin. Love you!!

Okay....this is weird, I was going to post a bible verse, but then I was being kind of lazy to look one up and guess what my word verification is?! VERSES!!! Too freaky! So, here's some:

Psalm 30:2 O Lord my God, I called to you for help and you healed me.

Psalm 34:4 I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.

Elisabeth said...

we've been praying for sweet Livie! Bless her heart. Sorry you had to have those people over.

I babysat these two girls and both of them have malformed arm sockets. Well our former neighbor thought it would be funny to take people hostage in his house and go up on his roof shooting off a gun. This little standoff lasted 3 hours very scary to see police officers and sheriff's department. During the time when the shots started going off I took one by the hand and went to an interior room. She tripped and fell while I was holding onto her hand. It popped out but she didn't scream or anything I called her mom (I was more upset than she was) she took her to the hospital and because they hadn't diagnosed the arm socket issue yet the police quesitioned me about how it happened, Scared me to death. The guys playing with the guns were charged with inducing panic and something to do with what happened as well.

Their mom was very concerned about me she didn't want me to think it was my fault she called after they got home.

She's now a 10 year old and is doing well.

Caroline said...

Praying so very hard and thinking of all of you. Praying no one else gets sick and that the meds work.

Caroline

Stacy@hiswaynotmine said...

Hi Veronica,
Praying that she feels better soon and that the rest of you are immune to whooping cough. Hang in there! And don't worry about us here in blogland, we'll all catch up soon . Stay focused on your sweet little one,

Anonymous said...

Whopping cough is very scary. My children , all 3 of them had it in 1995. My oldest was 4, my second 2the youngest just 3 months old. Than my husband. Everyone had their vacines. It was very difficult. The baby ended up in the hospital, for a week (to make matters worse the hospital was an hour away. I was breastfeeding, so I could not go home to the others) I will pray for you and your family for a quick recovery.

L

Stephanie said...

What a sweet picture! I'm praying for her - that she feels better very very soon and that noone else gets it! Thank goodness that is one thing we have never had to deal with here - and we've had a lot so I should be thankful :)

You should not feel bad about not reading blogs - are you serious? You have so much going on right now I'm surprised you even found time to post. Focus on her and that is what matters.

Hugs

Sarah @ Preaching In Pumps said...

Oh, Ver I'm so sorry! I'll be praying for you and I'll have the other chaplains at the hospital pray too.

Linda said...

Oh Veronica, you poor thing...,you certainly are going through some trials. I will keep praying for Alivia and all of you. Try not to worry...we are all blanketing your precious baby in prayer!

Love Mama Linda

Julie said...

Continuing to pray for little Livvie. I still am astounded that she got it and that it's going around in the area. She looks so peaceful in the picture. Hoping the medicine is giving her some relief & she gets better FAST!

Megan said...

Aww! I will be praying for her! I hope that they can figure out what exactly she has so then they can give her the right medicene so she can get better.

Remember that you are in our prayers!

Blessings,
Maggie
www.foreverfindingmybliss.blogspot.com

Holly said...

I really hope and pray she doesn't have it and that she gets better. Poor little thing! I hate it when our kiddos are sick. :(

amanda said...

i've been praying for you all already! and will continue. i haven't had my computer on since sunday, but can access facebook on my phone and saw it all. i'm so sorry!! but GOD is good!! praise the Lord for that!!

Anonymous said...

Praying for Alivia and your family.

The Pifer's said...

Oh my goodness!!!!! I am praying for her sweetie!!! I keep updated on your blog/family I just can't comment like I used to but please know I've been thinking about y'all and def. praying for your sweet little angle!

Love ya

The Van Ordens said...

How my word . . . I hope sweet Alivia is feeling better!

Anonymous said...

oh no :( I will be praying for you sweet little girl! Being sick is no fun and I can imagine having a baby that little with whooping cough is scary!!

Don't worry about blogging, just get your precious daughter better and keep the rest of the fam free of germs!! :)

Stacy@hiswaynotmine said...

Hi Veronica,
Just checking in to see how Alivia is doing and if they have determined if she has whooping cough or not. Will go pray for her now. Please keep us posted as you are able.

Jenilee said...

praying for your sweet baby! hoping she gets better soon and you can get some rest. also that your family stays healthy! hugs!