Well, it's offical, I've become one of them. You know, one of those mother's who can't keep their kids' names straight, yup, that's me! I used to laugh at my MIL all the time and wonder why she'd always call everyone by the wrong name. Turns out going from two to three kiddos causes a person to have amnesia or something because all week long, I've been calling my kids all by the wrong names!
In just a couple of days, my Livvie girl will be turning three weeks old and I'm already wondering to myself where I've been all this time! Things have continued to go mostly smoothe over here in the transition of life with a new baby in the house. The girls love their baby sister and sometimes a little too much. I am constantly having to tell them to give Alivia her space and to "please get off your sister's face." They can't seem to get enough of her and I'm glad that they're doing well adjusting to having another sibling.
This week I decided to start something new and instead of putting Alyssa down for naps, (which she seems to be outgrowing lately) I let her stay up and put Audrey down for a nap by herself. During naptime, Alyssa and I have been having fun doing "learning time" and playing games like "Memory." It's been a while since we've done any alone time activities together and I really think she's been enjoying herself. I'm thinking that next week, I'll continue on with this new schedule but try to throw in a day or two of naps for Alyssa so that I can get a little nap in myself too!
Some of you have asked me how I've been doing and if I've been getting enough help. The truth is, this week was a little rough. On Monday, I took Alivia to her two-week check-up and decided to take all three girls with me. I'm not quite sure why I thought I wanted to do that, but I did and found it to be extremely difficult. The baby did wonderful, but it was just my big girls that weren't behaving. At one point, Audrey was rolling around on the bench while we were waiting to be called back, and in the process, dumped several of her pretzals on the floor. If that wasn't bad enough, she then tried eating the ones that had fallen on the floor! I was so embarassed and looked like one of those moms, if you know what I mean. I pretended to not feel the stares from the other parents sitting in the waiting room and tried to remind myself to take it easy. After all, I'm new to this mom of three stuff and there will be many more instances that test my patience. I just have to keep having to remind myself that it's okay to ask for help, and not feel guilty when I can't do certain things alone with all three girls.
Well, there's lots more I could probably go on about, but I think I'll stop here. I've had a lot on my mind this week and I think it's just the fact that I'm still trying to process the whole "I just had a baby" kinda stuff. In addition to that, Alivia's been jaundiced since a couple of days after she was born and it's still not gone yet. She's also been starting to fuss more and has been spitting up a lot. Both Alyssa and Audrey had GER, a.k.a. "reflux" and I'm praying this won't be the case for Livvie! Audrey had it so bad that we actually thought she had colic when she was first born and had to be on meds until the time she turned one! I've been stressing out a lot about these two things but I'm just praying all will be well with my girl. If you wouldn't mind praying for her too, I would really appreciate it so much!
P.S. I know I must sound like a broken record, but I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who's been there for us these last few weeks. If you've come to vist, sent us a card, or left us a message, please know that we appreciate you so much and we're so thankful to have you in our lives, whether we know you in person or not! :)
16 comments:
Hey aren't you too young to be mixing up names. hah
My grannie did that all the time.
I think you made it harder on yourself with all the "A"s.
If you named her Geronomona you wouldn't mix her up. hah
She is so precious. They all are !
Enjoy each minute.
3 weeks already so fast . . .
Wow, three weeks already. She is such a beautiful baby...
LOL!!! I was totally laughing about the names thing. I call Kaylee Lily all the time and vice versa. I don't know why, but I just cannot keep the two of them straight! I guess because their names are so close in the way they sound. Ha!
I think that picture of Alyssa holding Alivia is so precious!!! I love that one!!! I just love Livvie's hair.......she's so beautiful!
Yes, you'll get the mom of 3 thing down.....don't worry! And all those staring probably don't have 3 kids because if they did, they would know better!! It's kinda like how it's always the childless people who want to give child rearing advice!
LOL....I just read Maryellen's comment.....I totally forgot about Geronimo! Hahaha!!! Did you secretly name her Alivia Geronimo? Ha!
Oh my goodness... your girls are adorable! Just precious. Love your photos!
~Jennifer
I can totally relate to the names thing and I only have two! So don't feel bad about that one at all!
We spend Aubrey's morning nap doing fun learning activities here. Autumn calls it "Autumn time" and I enjoy because I don't worry about anything else and just focus on her. You know, instead of that ever growing pile of laundry!
I love all the pictures. Your girls are just precious!
I just love that last picture, she's so cute, I love her little nose!
I can imagine what it must be like to now have three little ones to take care of. I only have one and he's a handful most days!
Love all the pics and listen don't feel bad I get my kids mixed up especially my 3 girls. My oldest girl looks alot like my little sis and half the time I call her by her name. I remember when my Mom did that with us and I laughed so hard. I'm that same Mom.
Praying for you and all of you look wonderful.
Take care & {{HUGS}}
Caroline
my kids are alphabetical. i STILL call them by the wrong name. i can't imagine the difficulty when they start with the same letter. :) and i AM SO one of 'those moms'. and i just don't care. i think it comes with having more than one kid..you just learn to realize, they'll live. and seriously...you could be doing worse things to them. what's a little germs right? :0) i love that last picture of miss alivia. so cute!
they are the sweetest little things. Adorable pictures. Don't feel bad. I took two the other day to the doctors and had to live because someone "SM" was misbehaving. I got home and told hubs..."I am done parenting for today" and went to bed. It was a rough day.
You are doing great.
Love that you are spending one on one time with Alyssa. She will love that.
Praying for you my sweet friend! I have days like that with only my 2, I may totally lose it with 3 - but the time will pass quickly and one day we will be wishing for the crazy days with little ones instead of the crazy days with teenagers! In fact, our days have been so crazy here we have decided to wait another year before we try for a 3rd! We move in 3 weeks from this house and hope things work out for the house we are trying to buy!
3 weeks....already? WOW. Seems like you JUST had her!
Adorable pics, Veronica! =)
I love that last picture of her in the pink...so precious! These 3 blessings will be the best of friends, what fun you will have! :)
Hey girl. You can vent away all you want! I do know it gets better & talking helps. And the whole Dr thing, I realized the other day while there that being a mom and seeing other kids doing silly /embarrassing things is just something to laugh about instead of judging the parent. After all, everyone's been there right?
Sending prayers your way!
I seldom ever call my kids by the right name the first time. LOL It sounds like you are adapting quite normally to adding Alivia into your beautiful family of little girls. I love that picture of Alyssa kissing Alivia. It is so precious!!
I mix up all our girls! So you're not alone there!
Does it sound bad for me to say I let Kyndra eat stuff off of floors? lol Sorry the girls were being rambunctious during the dr visit.
Aw, girl, I mix up my kids' names ALL THE TIME now!!! :)
Post a Comment