It was sort of a spur of the moment type thing, since we ended up sending both of the big girls with my mom to her church and hadn't originally planned to go anywhere to celebrate until Tuesday, which is our real anniversary. My mom has been taking Alyssa to her church (which has afternoon service) for the last couple of months and we just decided to give it a shot yesterday and let Audrey go with Grandma too, even though church was during her usual nap time.
The girls ended up doing well and we enjoyed a casual early dinner with Miss Livvie...
She did so well during our meal, and woke up once, only to go back to sleep in my arms. She was such a good baby!
At the end of our meal, I made sure to ask our waitress if she'd take our picture. This was the one and only that we had her take, since I didn't want to be a pest and have her take too many! I was pleasantly suprised at how the picture turned out (even though my hair was all messy and I looked totally mommy'd out---wish I would have had time to do my hair--oh well)!
It will be fun to look back on this particular year and remember it was the year we spent our anniversary dinner with our new baby!
While we were there, we also met a special couple who was there celebrating their 35 wedding anniversary! It was so neat getting to meet them and as we left the restaurant we talked about how amazing 35 years of marriage really is!
Well, this is gonna have to be a super quickie post since I'm kinda behind with my Monday have-to's. I'm hoping to do a "real" anniversary post tomorrow! I love you honey, and I'm so glad to be on this journey with you!



16 comments:
She is so adorable! Oh and Happy Anniversary!
Happy early anniversary!!!! Eight years is awesome! Congrats! You have the prettiest smile! Love the photos. Yes, post photos tomorrow if you have time :o)
What a great picture!
My church has a tradition where - for every birthday and anniversary you celebrate - you put one dollar for every year celebrated in this little wooden church. One couple got up last year celebrating 65 years!!!!! I'm so glad I have amazing role models to look up to in my marriage. And - considering we're barely coming up on one year - I am impressed with eight!!
Happy Anniversary! Love the pictures.
Blessings,
Amy
Glad you could go out and spend some time with your hubby! Glad grandmas are willing to take the little ones! :)
Congratulations. Special photo.
Happy Anniversary
I have some dear friends celebrating 70 years of marriage.
Can you even imagine. So cool !
happy anniversary! what a great picture of you and your husband with that gorgeous baby of yours! she is so sweet!
Happy Anniversary!! Alivia is sooo stinking cute!! AND you are looking so great!!
I just love that family picture! How special and precious!!!! We celebrated our very 1st anniversary the same exact way. Madison was 6 weeks old and she slept through the whole dinner at Olive Garden. :)
Happy 8 years!!!! Love y'all!
So glad you got to get out together. Great pics and Happy Anniversary too. My Grandparents on my Mom's side were married 64 yrs when my Grandpa died. Wow that's a long time.
Caroline
Awwww you shouldn't say that about your hair-I think you look awesome!!!! It's a great pic and love that Livvie is in it!
Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary to both!
happy anniversary!
love the picutre of the three of you too. isn't it nice to get a picture with your hubby! i know i look forward to those pictures all the time!
you have 'have tos' as a mommy!? no way! :)
I was hoping you had a chance to celebrate! What a great picture of the three of you - I think you look great - you have the "new mommy glow" ;)
We spent our 2nd anniversary at home with a newborn, because we had just gotten home after an almost two week hospital stay. Our 3rd anniversary, I had a huge baby belly, but my brother in law and his girlfriend watched V while we went out to dinner. I think we're going to make it a point to go out to dinner every year for our anniversary, because it's just so important to have time with just the two of us...and we both know how hard that is when you have kids!
Both my parents and Ted's parents always do at least a weekend getaway for their anniversaries. I always remember my parents taking time for each other and I'm so thankful they made their marriage a priority. My grandma and grandpa Klein were married for SIXTY-TWO years. What an amazing legacy! I'm looking forward to spending a lifetime together with my hubby.
Glad you got to go out and have some fun! Love the picture of you guys too!
It's so funny how Ben and I just celebrated 13 years together on the 23rd and Evan's birthday is the 24th! We tried for the 23rd but he just wouldn't budge! hahaha!
Great pics and Happy Anniversary too.
PPC Advertising India
Post a Comment