Friday, May 21, 2010

Growing, growing!

Well, after a funky week over here, I'm glad it's Friday!  The girls are finally starting to feel better and I am so happy about that!  It's never fun to have sick kiddos and I'm so thankful that things are looking up!

I was sitting here nursing Alivia this morning and realized I hadn't posted any new pictures of her on the blog in over a week!


She's growing SO fast and I just can't believe that she'll be SIX weeks old already next Monday!  The time seems to be going so fast and on most days I'm not walking around like a zombie anymore!  We're all finding our groove around here and the coolest thing is that I'm feeling more confident in my mothering skills than I ever have before.  There are still days where I feel overwhelmed with all that must be done, especially when I'm doing something like making dinner and then the baby starts doing her fussy thing.


But, I'm totally enjoying the times where we can just be one-on-one!  I'm trying to hold them in my heart because I know it won't be this way forever.


I keep telling my Hubby how funny it is that I'm still trying to get used to Alivia being my little dark baby.  She's seriously the darkest of all three, and in all honesty, I just wasn't expecting that.  I know it's not a bad thing, it's just something different.  Don't you just love her little Mohawk?


 She is starting to be more alert and just yesterday she smiled at me for the first time while she was awake!  Talk about melting my heart!  I love this little girl!!!

Well, I hope everyone has a great weekend.  Thanks for being there this week through my craziness.  You guys have helped me think things through about my hat business and venturing out to meet new moms and I'm feeling hopeful!

15 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Oh My word she is growing so much. I love that smile. She is so cute. That last picture is so so sweet.

Kristin said...

Awwww!!!!!! She is just SO cute!!! And I loved seeing her in the onesie I made :) I just love her and want to pick her up a squeeze her! LOL! Good thing I don't live close or you might never get to hold her. Haha!

She has the cutest hair. I love it! And her eyes are so beautiful. She looks so much like you to me. Hope you have a great weekend!!

Anna Gray said...

She is adorable! LOVE the onezie that says 'Liv'. Didn't Krisitin make her that one?

Have a great weekend! =)

Angelica said...

Thank you for this sweet treat before the weekend! She is so pretty...and looks so different. How fast they change huh?

So glad you are feeling much better and that the girls are doing better too.

Enjoy your weekend!

Stephanie said...

How precious! Her eyes are so sweet and the little mohawk is adorable! They grow so fast, don't they?

Maryellen said...

What a cutie pie !

Stephanie said...

She's soooooo cute!!!! I love the smile pic-gorgeous!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

jules said...

Wow how she has grown. I love her hair, she is so darn cute...

Those first smiles are the best.

Linda said...

The smile pictures are so cute. Isn't it wonderful when you see their first smile! Oh it just melts your heart!!!!

Alivia is one of the cutest babies. I know everyone is just crazy about her.

I'm so glad the girls are all feeling better.

{:miss v:} said...

She is so cute Veronica! I'm glad things are starting to settled down over there. I hope you all have a great weekend!

Caroline said...

So precious and glad things are getting better for you. Hope you have a great weekend. Glad girls are feeling better. I know as a Mom of 4 , I would rather have all the yelling than to have them sick.

Caroline

Holly said...

Thanks for sharing pics of her! She's such a cutie!! :) I can't believe she's gonna be 6 wks old!!

amanda said...

so so sweet. 6 weeks. incredible. seems not that long. but yet makes me all excited to know that in a little more than 7 weeks i'll be holding my own baby girl!?! ahhh! thanks for sharing the sweet pictures.

Jenilee said...

she is so cute! I just want to give her a hug! :) precious. I love these pictures of her!

kanishk said...

She's soooooo cute!!!! I love the smile pic-gorgeous!

PPC Advertising India