Thirteen years!
It's amazing to me to look back at our life together over the last thirteen years and see where the Lord's brought us. I know I posted about our anniversary dinner yesterday, but I wanted to do a little something here being that it's our actual anniversary.
This morning I was thinking about a ton of different things I could write about to share what our anniversary means to me. I have so many things I could share but decided just to write a little something for my Hubby. He's been known to read my blog a time or two, so here goes...
Dear Hubby (wish I didn't have to keep calling you that here on the blog...it feels so cheesy but anyways),
I can't believe that today we're celebrating eight years of marriage! It seems like it was just yesterday that I was walking down that aisle to meet you and say "I do." I remember how nervous I was and how out of vanity, and at the last minute before Dad walked me down the aisle, I handed him my glasses and told him to hold them for me. Even though I couldn't see very well without them, I still wanted to feel pretty meeting you down there at the end of the aisle without the glasses getting in the way! It's a good thing I made it without falling considering how blind I am, huh? :) I just remember being so happy that the day finally came that I got to be your wife!
The past few years have been amazing seeing how we went from just two people called husband and wife, to two different people called mommy and daddy.
We've been through a lot and I think that we've grown so much together, especially since we've become parents. I am so thankful for you and feel so blessed to have someone who loves me so much and who cares about all the little things, like foot rubs, helping me with the dishes, and making sure I don't have food stuck in my teeth after we've eaten out at a restaurant. (I'll forgive you that you call my front teeth chicklets...I know they're big)! :)
You are the most unselfish person I know and I want you to know how proud I am of all your accomplishments. I love you so much!
With love,
Your Ver
P.S. One more thing...we both used to love Brian McKnight, so we played this song at our wedding. I thought it would be fun to share it.
I also thought it would be fun to mention how not that long ago on FB, a few of my bloggy friends mentioned that they thought my Hubby had a Mexican accent from seeing pics of him on the blog. They were surprised to hear he talked "normal" when they played the video of us bringing Alivia home from the hospital. It cracked me up thinking that lots of other people might also think that he goes around talking with an Antonio Banderas accent or something!.) The truth is, we're both Hispanic and we both have Hispanic names but my Hubby totally does not have an accent! In fact, I'm less Mexican than he is and I speak more Spanish than he does. The extent of his Spanish is pretty much taco and enchilada, LOL!!!!
Just out of curiosity...are you one of those people who thought he talked with an accent too? I'm curious to know!

18 comments:
Awwww!!!! Happy Anniversary to you both! I didn't know that about you walking down the aisle half blind. Haha!! Totally sounds like something I would've done. LOL!
I had to laugh about the whole accent thing again. That cracks me up too!
Actually, I never even though about how he might talk!
Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby! 8 yrs down and many more wonderful yrs to go!
Happy Anniversary!
Actually, I never thought about an accent, but I always wondered if you guys had a bilingual household. I would love to learn more spanish - a year in college taught me nothing and I really want to be able to be more conversational next time I go to Honduras.
Hahaha! Taco and enchilada...HILARIOUS! I was JUST telling my sister about how Kristin and I thought he would have an accent and how surprised we were that he didn't. TOO funny!
And, what a sweet letter to your hubby! Happy anniversary! Here's to 60 more, right? My hubby said on our first anniversary, "1 down, 99 to go". Could you imagine? I wonder what it was like for Abraham and Sarah. Hehe!
What a sweet letter. YOu are both so cute. Happy Anniversary. May the next 8 years be blessed too.
I had never thought about the accent. Maybe because I have heard your voice before...
Happy Anniversary!!! Your letter was so sweet. It sounds like you were able to enjoy your dinner a day early - how nice :)
I never thought about the accents - but that is too funny!!
Happy Anniversary....
I guess I never even thought about how he might talk.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! you guys are just the cutest family!
i don't think i had ever thought about the way your hubs talked. =) i assumed that he was mexican, but i guess an accent never crossed my mind. that is really funny that he really looks more mexican than you, but knows no spanish. =) that made me laugh. my new phrase for austin is playing with her toy cell phone and saying, "alo, quien habla??" hahaha.
Awww! What a sweet post! Happy anniversary to you and your husband!! I have a hard time saying Hubby too. I think it sounds cheesy also. LOL I loved the picture of you and him on your wedding day. You were absolutely a beautiful bride!! :) I had seen many pictures of your husband and I never once thought of how I thought that he talked, accent or not. That is funny that others did. But I guess I can see how they might have thought that. He does have to look!! :)
Happy Anniversary to you two! That's awesome! And how funny that we're both celebrating 13 years with our hubby's!
I wasn't one of the ones who thought your hubby had a Mexican accent. I think that it's because I met him before I really saw pictures of him! hahaha!
Happy Anniversary! Enjoy the journey!
Happy anniversary to you and your husband!!
PPC Advertising India
How sweet! Happy anniversary to you both! Hope you had a good one! ♥
Happy Anniversary!!! I would have thought an accent. However, we live in Texas and everyone in our area seems to have an accent.
Sorry for the late post, it took me like 3 times to read it! lol. Happy Anniversary! I loved the blog!
Happy Anniversary !!! And many more !!
Caroline
love the taco/enchilada comment! i guess i never thought of it, but assumed it probably did. :) it's funny how we can jump to those silly conclusions.
i would've tripped on my face at my wedding had i not been wearing contacts! i couldn't imagine handing over my glasses! BUT i totally know what you mean about wanting to 'feel' pretty. even though the glasses don't make you any less pretty! i always feel 'less pretty' when i wear my glasses too.
praise God for a beautiful marriage He's blessed you with!!
It's easy to fall into assumption about people having accents because of how they look huh?
I never actually thought about it...maybe cause...I'm Mexican...ha! I get that a lot though, and I don't think I have an accent when I speak English...but when I speak Spanish...which people often assume I don't...I do have an accent. Even within Mexicans...accents exist. Different states and regions...like in Sonora...people talk as if they are singing...it's interesting...that is how my Spanish accent is...some words we add a little singing. Ha!
Congratulations on 8 awesome years in marriage...with 3 beautiful little girls!
Post a Comment