If you caught the title of this post, you may be wondering what in the heck I was talking about. I had to laugh when I typed that, but today I thought I would put it all out there and talk about the truth of what I look like during early pregnancy! For some reason, I don't think I'm alone in this, although I could be wrong. It's not a topic that comes up very often, so maybe someone else can tell me if this even happens to them.
Anyways...
The same thing happened when I got pregnant with Audrey, only I started "showing" a lot sooner. I even decided to ask my doctor one day if what I had going on was normal. I stood up and told him, "Okay...you see how I have this right here (pointing to the bottom pooch) and then how I have this right here (pointing to the top pooch)? Is this normal?" Well, I was almost in hysterics with his response. He was quite nice about it, but he said something to the jist of, "This is quite normal. It's actually really common for woman who have had previous pregnancies." He proceeded to point to the lower belly and said, "This part right here is you (referring to my fat) and this part (pointing to my belly at the top) is baby." I started laughing so hard but was relieved to find that I wasn't some weirdo. I was normal! :)
Well, this time around, the same thing seems to be holding true with my two bellies. I tried to take a decent pic so that I have some documentation for what I look like at this stage in the game. And don't worry...I won't show you all the two bellies. That would be really scary!
Well, I hope I was good for a little laugh today! I'd better get going for now. I've got to get ready for my day and we have errands to run. Happy Monday everybody. Can you believe it's November already?!?!
12 comments:
This was funny! You are such a beautiful woman, you shouldn't even be concerned about any of it - THOUGH I understand, because I am a woman too, that we usually are concerned over it!
Anyway - you are BEAUTIFUL. Love baby bellies!
I had the fortunate experience of not gaining much wait, but when you gag every time you see, smell or taste food or think about it for that matter, for 9 months - it's hard to get any calories in you :o)
Glad you posted it! Liked the doctor story. Can't wait to keep getting updated! :o)
Have a great Monday, Veronica!
what a funny post! how cute are you! I love the prego pics. :) HAve a great day!
Veronica!!! I think you look beautiful!!!! Your baby belly looks precious! Don't you worry :)
That was a funny story though and I know what you mean. Trust me, no one wants to see what my belly looks like after 3 kids!!! But, I consider it my battle scars. Hee hee!
I just think you're adorable and I am just so excited to share this time with you! I can't believe it's already November either!!
Have a great day!! Love ya lots :)
P.S. If I were to take a side picture view of my belly right now, it would look about like I was 4 months pregnant too. LOL!
You look beautiful Veronica! Don't kid yourself, you really are!
I had the same problem when I was pregnant with Evan except that I've always had what you call 'two bellies'. So I didn't have that nice round belly that all those magazines show on other women. I had this ugly crease in the middle and it was awful!
I also didn't start showing until later in the pregnancy but I was thankful that it all eventually evened out! haha!
You look fabulous! I SO know what you mean. I NEVER had a round belly...my prego bellies were deformed. I couldn't wear any cute maternity shirts...it was awful. And we won't discuss my post prego belly. Let's just say I'm glad the weather is cold & I can live in a sweatshirt. :)
You are TOOOOOO funny!! I was having a similar conversation with a friend at church last week - she kept saying, "I just look like a big girl, you can't tell that I'm pregnant!!" I think you (both) look great. :)
I think you look wonderful! Pregnant bellies are beautiful in all shapes and sizes. :) I love them!
Very cute story Veronica . . . don't worry your not alone.
I have two bellies and I have never been pregnant hah
I think one belly is ice cream and one belly is McDonalds . . . hah
Fortunately, I have been working hard at losing both bellies.
God Bless,
I am not going to grip at you for talking about yourself that way, mainly because I do it to myself all the time, but you are NOT fat and you are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! AND even more beautiful pregnant!!! Congrats, keep the belly pictures coming, you will appreciate it later on!!!!!
You are glowing. What a cute pregnant belly! Thanks for sharing your cute story too:)
You're so funny! The most important thing to remember is that a woman is always her most beautiful when she's pregnant.
Back centries ago, when there were NO photographs - only paintings, they used pregnant women as their models to portray because it was a known fact that a woman glowed more than ever when they were with child.
:)
Meant to comment on here on Monday...how did it get to be Wednesday already?
You look fabulous, Veronica!
Post a Comment