Monday, October 19, 2009

Join the Party!



Today I'm linking up with Lynette to join her "Harvest of Friends Blog Party."  Since I had such a fun time meeting new people at Lynette's last event, (The Porch Party), I thought I'd join in again today.  If you'd like to join in on the fun, just click on the button above to find out all the details! 

So, the rules for this blog party are that we're supposed to take some questions that Lynette provided for us and answer any or all that we wanted to answer.  So here we go...

1. What is one thing you wouldn't want to live without?  My favorite Betty Boop blanket.  I sleep with it all the time and I even took it to the hospital with me when I had both  of my girls!

2. Beach, Mountains or Farm? Where would you live if you had a choice?  Definitely the beach...
 

I am so blessed because I live so close to the beach and I don't think I'd like living anywhere else.

3. What's your least favorite chore/household duty?  DUSTING.  Hands down.

4. Prefer parties and socializing or staying at home with the fam?  Either or.  I really like just hanging out period.  I think it's because I am a SAHM and I don't get out as much as I did when I used to have "a real job."  Any opportunity to socialize with people over the age of four is pretty awesome. :)  Not that I don't love my kiddos...it's just nice to have a little adult conversation once in a while!

5. What's your all time favorite movie? 

"Rhinestone."  It's a really old movie with Sylvester Stallone and Dolly Parton.  It's so stupidly funny!

6. Do you sleep in your make up or remove it like a good girl every night?  I guess I'm a bad girl all together because most days I don't wear any make up at all.  And...on the days I do...I am too lazy to wash it off at night so I just leave it on!


7. Do you have a hidden talent or a deep desire to learn something that you've never had a chance to learn? What is it?  Even though I love to crochet, I would love to learn how to knit someday.  There is a certain kind of look to knitting that you really can't create with crochet.

8. What is something you love to smell?

Anything fruity...like this pear lotion from Victoria's Secret.


9. Tell something about you that you know irritates people.  How I always have to have things perfect. 

10. When you have extra money (HA!) what's the first thing you think to do with it?  I usually will use the money to go get a coffee or go out to eat. 

11. Are you a silent laugher or a loud laugher? What makes you laugh the hardest?  Definitely a loud laugher.  If something is really funny, it's hard to just keep it inside.  Alyssa usually makes me laugh so hard when she comes up with some of those things kids just come up with out of the blue and you wonder where they even got that from.  She is my little comedian.

12. Where is your favorite place to shop?  Target, although I do shop at Walmart a lot for their good deals.  I have been known to shop off the clearance rack pretty often!

13. What's one thing you'd do more often if you had more time?  I'd take more time to just enjoy life instead of rushing to get to the next thing all the time.

14. Are you a big spender or frugal?  Probably neither but there is a reason why I don't carry cash with me at all times.  It burns a whole right through my pocket.

15. Would you want to be famous?  Not really.

So there you have it!  Just a few random things about me.  I look forward to hopping around and visiting everyone else's blogs this week!  Happy Monday everyone!

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I have to admit I have never watched that movie ! I will have to watch it online.

Roxanne

http://ourjourneyoftheunknown.blogspot.com/

He & Me + 3 said...

Great answers...so many of them were the same as mine. Favorite store, something you love to smell, I don't wear makeup either, I hate dusting too. We are so much alike.

Julie said...

What a fun little blog party! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the movie Rhinestone!! :)

Kristin said...

LOL! I have never seen that movie....I will definitely have to watch it now! And dusting is one of the things that I don't mind doing at all....it's the vacuuming that I hate! I'm the same way with cash in my pocket too, which is why I never have any! :) That was fun! It's funny how you can always learn new things about each other from these parties! Love ya!!

natalie said...

Okay, one of my favorite things about this blog party is going to be creating a list of must see movies!

Fun answers!! Thanks for sharing!

Kristin said...

I forgot to say Thank You so much for putting my shop info up at the top of your blog! You are so supportive of me and I don't know what I'd do without you :)

Oh, and I want to learn to knit too....you think it's hard to learn? Maybe I need to get a book on it! Ha!

LETO said...

Nice to meet you. Loved your answers.
http://krazygirl78.blogspot.com/

Becca said...

Great answers! :) It was nice to meet you! I've actually never heard of that movie before. I'll have to look into it. Have a great week! :)

http://giuliano517.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

You make me laugh every time I visit. I too wish I could enjoy life instead of rushing through it.

Jenilee said...

fun answers! your girls are beautiful! visiting from Lynnette's!

Queen Diva said...

Oh, I wish I lived near the beach! I'm definitely gonna have to see that movie! Love the music on your blog.

Angela said...

Hi, Veronica! It's nice to meet you! To your #4 I say "Ditto!"

Blessings,
Angela @ Eternal Outlook

Holly said...

I've never seen Rhinestone or heard of it!! I must've missed that one! lol I had an afghan I took to the hospital when I gave birth to both my girls. It's even went on vacation with me.

Danielle said...

HA! I don't even remember the last time I've dusted! It's been so long I forgot to even consider it as a chore... oops!

Angelica said...

I totally want to learn how to knit too. I have yet to find someone who is willing to teach me. Maybe when you learn...you can teach me?? :-)

Anna Gray said...

Cool! I love reading surveys...so interesting! I joined the Harvest of Friends Party, too. I enjoyed answering each question! :0)

Unknown said...

You're such a sweet lady. :) I'm with you on slowing down and enjoying life more. It's so easy to just go go go go go and not just stop to do the little/simple things. I was guilty of this last night. My boys asked me to do about 4 things with them and I kept saying "Just a minute. Let me finish this up." I never did get back to them and when they went to bed I felt GUILTY!!!!! I hate times like that! UGH!

Thanks for joining in the party. I loved reading your answers.

Love,
Lynnette

Unknown said...

Loved your answers! I am the same way, gift cards burn a whole in my pocket!

Abigail Kraft said...

lol. You have a special blanket that you sleep with every night! How awesome is that! ^_^ I love stuff like that. I have this tiny teddy bear whom I named Freddie with a squeaker inside of his stomach that I claimed when I was about 5 years old...I don't think anyone in my family even knows this, but I keep it in my bedside table drawer, and on nights when I can't sleep I pull him out and cuddle him...haha. So I can relate to you there. :)

lol. Kids do say some pretty hilarious things! I host a meme every Tuesday called Short Answers where I list 5 questions for people to ask to their kids (or the kids in their lives). Then they post their answers on their blogs and link up on my blog. It's a ton of fun! You should come by today and check it out! I think you and your girls would enjoy it. ^_^

Have a lovely day!
Abigail @ Rear Window

Melissa G said...

Hi there, i'm visiting for Lynnette's blog. It's nice to meet you!
I've never seen your favorite movie but i'm going to have to watch it now.

Betsy Markman said...

This was fun! Definitely don't ever let anyone convince you that crocheters can't learn to knit. I let that myth hold me back for a long time, but then I discovered that you really can do both! And you're right, sometimes you need a look that only knitting can give.

GrammyK said...

Hi!! I'm visiting from Lynnette's blog party. I've never seen Rhinestone so I'll have to put that on my to do list. :-) My oldest daughter knits and my other daughters crochet. I don't really do either. Their grandma taught them. DH and I have been to CA several times and drive hwy 1 to soak in the coast!! Love it!! Anyway, it was nice to meet you!! Blessings, Kris

Olivia said...

It's so nice to "meet" you Veronica! Rhinestone sounds hilarious just because it has both Sylvester Stallone and Dolly Parton in it... wow... sounds crazy. :) I'll have to watch it sometime.

I've learned the basics of both knitting and crocheting (though I'm not very good with either) and crocheting is definitely easier! But Knitting has some benefits too.

The Clearance rack is one of my favorite places on earth. :) I've grown up on it and just adore getting good sales.

Kari said...

I LOVE Rhinestone! "The Possums!!!" Haha. That is a family favorite from when I was little. "I don't wan to fall in luuuuuuv...I just want to fall in...." Yep! Anyway, I guess I'm excited that somebody else knows and LIKES the movie too!
Love Pear Glace - it's the scent that I always wore when my hubby and I dated :o)
Love learning about you :o)

Sarah said...

Coming over via Blog Party! Love your blog, btw! Rhinestone, never heard of it, but I do love dolly parton! i'll have to check it out...

((hugs & blessings))
-Sarah

Anonymous said...

I loved your answers! I'm visiting from Lynette's blog. I have never heard of that movie, but I'll have to do some research on that one! I don't mind dusting, its not as bad as ironing!

Julie Arduini said...

What fun this is! I think you are the first person I've ever "met" who lists Rhinestone as their favorite movie.

You have a gorgeous blog!

Mama Bear said...

hehe what fun answers.I'm visiting from Lynnette' blog.
I've never heard of your favorite movie.I will have to look it up!!

Good to meet you!

Stop by and say hi sometime!

Kari-Our life in ChuckTown.