Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Labor Day 2009

Well, it looks as though I've completely abandoned my blog, again, but it's just been a busy last few days! We had a great weekend hanging out with my Hubby's side of the family for Labor Day. My SIL, Isabel did an awesome job organizing a family camping trip out at Lake Cachuma. Everything went so well and everybody had a great time!

Here's a pic I took of the lake on one of the walks we took...


The camping weekend started early Saturday morning when everyone headed out to a spot that my SIL and BIL reserved earlier in the week. Initially, my Hubby and I decided to take all of our stuff out there in the event that we decided to stay out there overnight. Our main concern was the girls and how they would do, since they aren't really used to being away from home at bedtime. We ended up just going out for the day on both Saturday and Sunday and just coming home in the evenings. It was really the best of both worlds because we got to hang out with the family but then come home to get showered and sleep in our own beds! :)

Since my SIL and BIL are used to camping all the time, they really know how to do things right. They have a nice little camper and they always bring everything from home to make camping an even better experience. Here's a couple of pics of our campsite. Aside from the camper, I think the family had about five tents up. There were a ton of us packed in the campsite and it was a lot of fun. They even brought the ping pong table out!




Most of our time was spend just hanging out talking, relaxing and eating! I am so not used to just sitting around doing nothing, but it was nice to be able to just relax without having to worry about anything. I think this is the only picture I got with me in it. It's not the best picture, but I had to get at least one to prove I actually exist. You can tell how much Audrey wanted to be in this picture with me. :)


Since we were doing a lot of just "hanging out," Audrey had no trouble figuring out how to play in the dirt. It killed me to see her getting all dirty, but what could I do? Because of the fact that I only have girls, I am just not used to seeing them get all dirty.

I just had to include this last picture. Alyssa had been awake since 5:00 a.m. on Saturday and refused to take a nap that day. This was her right after dinner, crashed out in her daddy's arms.


All in all, we had a really fun and relaxing weekend! Alyssa also got to go swimming at a pool they have there at the Lake. I totally dropped the ball and didn't get any pics of her swimming, but she had such a fun time with her cousins.

Well, I hope everyone else had a great weekend. It's Wednesday already and the plan is to keep plugging away on hat orders today! I just wanted to say thanks again to everyone for your support! You all just being there means so much to me!

9 comments:

Linda said...

Veronica I am so glad that you all had a good Labor Day weekend. It is nice to be a part of a big family.

Having had girls myself and not little boys,, I can relate to the feeling of not liking to see them get dirty. I would have been the same way as you,...and I am so not a camper and would have did what you did too,...driven back and forth instead of camping.

I loved the pictures. Especially the one of the lake. I love the beauty of nature.

Unlike you, I don't have trouble just doing nothing. I can relax quite well. Might be the age difference. Maybe by the time your kids are grown you will have learned how to just kick back and relax! (smile)

But for now you are a busy momma with a hat business,...so I guess you have to keep going all of the time. (smile)

It makes me tired just to remember those kinds of days when I had a lot going on in my life too. I get a little bit of that when we have the grandkids stay with us.

Good to catch up with you Veronica.

Love, Momma Linda

Kristin said...

That looks like a beautiful place and I love how they had everything all set up! I bet the girls did have fun playing and getting dirty. My girls love nothing more than to play in the big sand piles when Morgan gets them for filling in the yard and stuff. I hate it when they come in though, and I find sand everywhere! That picture of Audrey with you was cracking me up.....we have so many like that of the girls when they just aren't in the mood for photos. Ha!! I'm glad you had a good time! That's my kind of camping....go there for the day and come home to your own bed and a shower! :)

Unknown said...

We aren't really what you call campers, either! Alyssa looked so precious asleep! I am glad you all had a great time!!

Holly said...

It's been awhile since I've been camping!! And I think that was in a tent. lol I enjoy it though b/c you can sit around a fire and cook food on it. But lack of showering is a downside.

Grace said...

Hi Veronica, it is my first time here in your blog and I want to say that I enjoyed reading your post. :)

He & Me + 3 said...

Sounds like a nice time. I would have done the same thing and slept in my own bed. I am not a camper at all. But looks like your family knows how to do it right. Cute pictures

Stephanie said...

How wonderful!!!!! You can tell that you all had a great time! I love the picture of Audrey playing in the dirt....she figured there wasn't anywhere else to play so might as well get dirty :)

Chris said...

GIRLFRIEND......what fun! I saw the firepit, we have one and we are now burning our regular wood, cause we ran out of broken limbs! This looks like so much fun! AND you need to consider photography! GREAT picture of the lake! :)

Chris said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.