I spend most of today working on some new orders that came in and just trying to get situated with things. It felt like things were a little slow going today, but I think it's just a matter of finding a groove. The biggest challenge is trying to balance things out between the house, the girls and the hats. It's a little tough sometimes, but I really enjoy getting to do something just for me.
If you had the chance to check out my site yesterday, you saw that I introduced two new styles. Of the two, my favorite by far, is this one. I call it the Flapper Girl Beanie.

A couple of weeks ago, when I was trying to come up with some new styles, I was just playing around with different looks and I was asking the Lord to give me a new idea. I wanted something that would be cute and super girly. I ended up coming up with this style and loved it immediately. I decided to make one for Audrey to see what it looked like on an actual child and I loved it even more!
Yesterday I decided that I needed to work on getting a good picture of her wearing the hat so that I could add it to my Gallery page. After about 20 pictures (no joke) I still didn't end up with a picture I loved. Either the lighting was off or Audrey was fussing and trying to pull the hat off. I thought I'd share some of the pics for fun so that you could see what I'm talking about.
At first I tried taking some pics of her in outside. After getting frustrated with that, I decided to get the kids buckled in the car and head out to run some errands. Here you can see where I'm trying to get Audrey's attention and she doesn't want to look up at me.

And then finally, I get a smile.

Then she decided that she wanted to start eating her shoe...

Then she smiled a little bit more...

And then decided she didn't want to keep the hat on anymore!

This last one cracks me up because this was her after she took it off and then decided to put it back on herself! Silly girl!

Well, I'm off to start on dinner but I just wanted to tell you guys thank you so much again. I promise when I get a handle on things I will make it out to visit everyone's blogs and check out what's going on with you. I can't believe tomorrow is already Thursday. My Hubby's side of the family is doing a big family camping trip this weekend and my Hubby has convinced me that we should go. I've mentioned here before that I am not an outdoorsy girl, but I'm thinking it might be something fun to do with the girls. Wish me luck!!! :)
14 comments:
Beautiful hat! I wish I was a little girl so I could wear it....wait...adult girly girls can wear it....right?
Anyway, have a super fun weekend!
That new style is adorable! I noticed it right away when I looked at your site yesterday. So cute.
Audrey looks adorable in the hat! Such a cutie! (we have that same car seat :) )
I am feelin' you on trying to get your kids to model for you. It is definitely something that is hit or miss (but usually miss!). ha! I can't tell you how many times I have begged H to please cooperate without it working. Then there will be one time in there when they are all smiles and willing to cooperate. Love those times! :)
Sending you a quick email in about 5 seconds...
I don't know why you always doubt yourself because you are sooooo awesome at what you do! You should never ever doubt yourself again!
Allie's the same way when I want to take pictures of her....when I am not ready she is and when I'm there she's playing around and jerking them off.
I love that new hat....I see an order in the near future :)
That hat is adorable. You do an awesome job! Never doubt yourself.
Of course we love your website, and we LOVE you! So glad you have had good feedback so far!
Aw, Veronica, she looks SO much like her mommy ;) My daughter LOVES to pull her hats off now too...and her shoes. Drives me crazy and makes me laugh at the same time. I can still hardly believe I have a toddler already. I just wish I had half her energy ;)
You are so talented! I'm hoping for a little girl so I can order the flapper hat. If not, then I guess matching hats for the boys! You make me want to pull out my crocheting and get something done!
love, love, love the new website! I will be changing out my button tonight with the new one as well! I hope everything is going well - Thanks again for your support and prayers! I so appreciate them!
Love, Ang
ps...I just might have purchase a hat soon :)
Ha! I love all the pictures. Those are some super cute shoes too. LOL! I love the way the hat looks on too! It is just the cutest thing ever!
I hope you have fun going camping! How rugged is it going to be out there?
Looks great! And as usual, your hats hold their own.
Have a beautiful ending to your week!
Lynnette
WOW! The hat Audrey has on looks GREAT. It is unique, stylish, and downright girly just how you wanted it to be. Don't be surprised if you see that I order a hat sometime soon.
Oh, and also, I will add the really awesome 'Hooked on You Hats' button to my blog. :0)
What a cutie, I just love the pictures!!!
Thanks so much for the prayers, I am actually talking about my sister in the post. I just did not want to mention that because of local people reading my blog. We live in a small town which means everyone talks and I just don't want her to have any added stress right now. So it means the world to me, thank you!!
Defintely had it to lose and still more to go. UGH. Ha, I never seem to be in the pictures I am always the one taking them, and Ryan does not like pictures so it's so hard to get one. ha!!
I love that flapper hat! It's sooo cute and girly! Have a great time camping!!!
Hey girl, I am back and it feels soooo good. I LOVE the new website, I just put the new link on my blog. Love the new hats as well. Talk to ya soon, Steph
Post a Comment