Well, I'm definitely learning a lot during this process of finding a new home church, and one thing I've learned already is the importance of hospitality. I mentioned yesterday that when I visited that new church on Sunday, I was greeted at the door by a really friendly lady. A couple of other people said hi to me too, but it was just amazing to see how many people didn't really take the time to greet one another, much less a new person. At the end of service, the lady who initially greeted me came back up to me and said that she was glad I had visited. She answered a couple of my questions, and then introduced me to a guy who attended church there. I was shocked when he said to me..."I see what you're doing. You're church shopping, aren't you?" I was almost speechless when he said that but I just smiled and said "Well, yes I am looking for a new home church." What he said to me is not exactly something I would say to someone I was meeting for the first time.
At any rate, what I really want to say is that I would encourage those of you who are already part of a church body to put yourself out there and take the time to greet that new person you see who's attending your church for the first time. You have no idea how much that might mean to that person!
Well, on Sunday, all hope really wasn't lost because after Alyssa and I got home from church, we picked up Audrey and my Hubby and we decided to drive to Lompoc (a small town about 30 minutes away from here) to grab some lunch and just spend some nice family time together. My hubby works a lot, so it was nice to be able to have him with us. We decided to go to a place I've been to a few times before. They have really great burgers there and guess what it's called?

Now that I blog, and one of my closest friends is a Texan, I just had to take a couple of pics to share here on the blog! :)
When I went to order a drink, guess what I got? Here's a pic from the beverage section of the menu. Too funny, huh? I of course had to order the sweet tea because the only place around here I usually find sweet tea is at McDonalds, LOL!

And here's what I ordered. What was so funny was that all of the names of the burgers where names of cities in Texas. I can't remember the name of my burger at the moment, but I know my Hubby's burger was called the "Fort Worth." Mine was basically your regular burger but it had cheese and avocado. I had to laugh again, because I thought to myself, isn't avocado on a burger something we usually only do here in CA?

Here's a couple of pics I took of the girls. They behaved so well and that made me happy. The ladies that were sitting behind us were so sweet and kept loving on our girls. That really put a smile on my face because I really think these little girls are special, but it always feels good for other people to think they are special too!


Well, that's it for today. It's been a busy start to my week with a couple of hat orders (yes...even though I'm still officially on break)! Today was a great day since I got to read some good news on a couple of blogs I read and I got a new blog award. I will be sure to share more about that later in the week!
P.S. Audrey turned 17 months old today! Can you believe it? She's almost a year and a half and I don't know where the time has gone. It really feels like just yesterday... :)
11 comments:
Oh my goodness.....I literally was dying laughing at the name of that restaurant! And at the sweet tea on the menu and burger names! That is so hilarious! What's so funny is that tea is so normal here that waiters walk around with pitchers of it asking if you need a refill! Hahahaha!!!!!! I don't know why, but I can't stop laughing. You are so funny!
And about the avocado....everytime Morgan and I see that on the food network, we're always like, we need to try that sometime....that looks good! LOL!
The girls look so sweet in their pictures! The time is going by way too fast. They may be teenagers by the time we finally get to meet!
You made my day with this post. I hope you have a great day tomorrow!
Boy, the end of your post hit me hard..."Audrey is 17 months old today". That means that she was born the same week as Nate. We were pregnant at the same time. WOW - how different our lives ended up. I look into her face and wonder what Nate would be doing and what he would be like at 17 months. I never realized that they were the same age. Enjoy her...you are lucky!
Trisha
Haha I like the name of that restaurant. No doubt where that meat comes from! :)
I can't believe that someone actually said that to you at the church. That's pretty forward! A little too much for me. I hope you can find a good one.
Your burger was probably called the California burger! ;) Lovin' the Texas Sweet Tea! Glad you had a good family lunch!
I wish I had gone to lunch with you all. That looks delish. Was the tea good?
Family lunches are always fun.
I loved the lunch place, and that you got sweet tea! The girls look awesome, and I agree with greeting people. I always use the excuse, what if they have been here for a long time and I have just never seen them before! But I agree, I do need to still introduce myself!
Veronica dear, I just got caught up on your blog and I read about your decision to find a new church! I know that is a big decision and I will be praying that God leads you to the right place--it might not be perfect (because no church is, of course) but I pray you'll know it's where God wants you to be and where He wants to use you. I just pray that you will feel peace when you find it!
I love ya!
Oh my...that hamburger made me hungrier!!!
Have a beautiful day!
Thank you for that reminder of just reaching out and welcoming new people. I often get to shy or into my own little bubble to be as friendly as I should and I needed that reminder. And I have not tried that burger place but I think I may have to. It looked very good and who doesn't love a good burger.
OK, seriously that is too funny, I was laughing so hard. Then to top it off I posted for you on how to make that sweet tea. We are starting to think alike, just like a southerner!!! I think Kristin and I need to work on you a little more and then you will be wanting to come to the south, not sure where exactly Kristin lives, but I don't live to far from Texas, so I think you need to make a trip and visit both of us!!!!!!!!!! We can give you a true taste of the south!!
SH
That burger looks so yummy it's making me hungry!
Of course we have sweet tea everywhere here...couldn't live without it or at least wouldn't want to :)
Little Audrey..she's growing so fast!!!!! Such a sweetheart!
Post a Comment