So my goal this week was to limit my time on the computer and take a little blog vacation so that I could concentrate on getting some important have-to's done. I would consider this week a success even though I didn't get nearly as much done as I had planned.
This week was a bit of an emotional roller coaster for me. I was asking the Lord to show me some things and I'm just praying that I'll be able to hear His voice clearly. Over the last few days, I have laughed and cried. It was just one of those weeks. I have so missed all of my blog friends and being away for even a week, has made me realize just how special all of you are! I am so thankful for your friendship, and for you allowing me to just be me! :)
Yesterday as I was checking my emails, I was ecstatic to read an email from a sweet blogging friend of mine. Her and her Hubby have been trying to conceive for three years. She has been on my heart so much and there have been times when Alyssa and I pray together that the Lord would bless Elisabeth and her Hubby with a baby. Not long ago, I asked Alyssa if she could pray for Elisabeth again. Alyssa's prayer was simple...Jesus, please help mommy's friend have a baby. In Jesus' name, Amen. Now, I realize that the Lord hears all of our prayers, but in my mind, there's just something about the the prayers of a child.
I sat here at my computer and cried tears of joy yesterday when I read this email from Elisabeth...
Tell Alyssa her prayers worked we're going to have a baby in April!
Today, I'm praising the Lord for an answer to prayer and I will continue praying for everyone else I know who is still waiting for their miracle.
Today, I just wanted to say thanks so much to all of you out there who read my blog and have been there to support me through all the different things I've been through over the past six months. I have been so blessed by you all. This week I realized something big. This blog allows me to put myself out there in ways that I normally wouldn't. I am able to share things from deep down inside that I normally wouldn't say to someone I know in person. The people who read my blog know me well. And the best part of it all is that you except me for who I am.
In my mind, that is what genuine friendship is all about, and today I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for just being there!
Well, I look forward to catching up with everyone and seeing how everyone's week was. Love you guys and talk to you soon!
12 comments:
I'm glad you had a great week and I'm so happy for your friend!
I'll remember her in prayer for a safe and healthy pregnancy and birth! :)
I just love you so much! My life has been forever changed because of our friendship. You are one special girl!!
I am very excited for Elisabeth....I know Alyssa's prayer made a difference! I bet she was excited to hear that her prayer was answered!
Before I started blogging, I never really realized the friendships that you could make through it. I am so glad that the Lord led us both to it and to each other.
I hope you have a great weekend!
You have been missed. Glad you are in the bloggy world. How are you feeling these days with your meds?
I was so excited to see Elisabeth's post too! AMAZING! I've missed checking in on blogs too. There's just something so sweet about the friendships I've made through blogging - I'm blessed beyond measure!
I've missed you!! And I've been thinking a lot about hospitality lately ... trying to come off my soapbox (i.e. calm down) before I post about it. Any plans for Sunday?
Veronica it is so sweet that you pray with your children, and that you are teaching them to pray for others.
I love your open and honest heart. I am so glad that we met in blogland.
I pray for you and I love you.
I miss you when you take your little blog breaks but we all have to do that from time to time.
So happy for Elisabeth. Every child is a miracle.
Linda
That was just the sweetest thing! Glad you had a great week :)
Love ya,
Tiff
You're so sweet V!!!!!!
Glad you had a great week....and got caught up on things around the house!
I am taking a what was orginally a short break but I think it is going to turn into a bigger break from the blog, it is needed right now, but I feel the same as you, I miss everyone. I am still keeping up with my favorite blogs and your post today really hit home for me, I can totally relate!! Hope you have a great weekend and week next week!!
Steph
I think that happens a lot-we never get as much done as we intend! lol I'm so happy for your friend!! I pray good things for her!!
Please have Alyssa pray for me too!
Hiiii!! I am so glad that you enjoyed your week! Way to go!
How wonderful about your friend, that is so great!
I agree about the blog, it is so nice to share on here and have this outlet. I appreciate your prayers and friendship!
So glad you are back, talk with you soon!
Post a Comment