Today, as I am sad over hearing about a sweet little baby girl that went to be with the Lord last night, I am reminded to count my blessings. In the midst of the crazy busyness of life, I sometimes forget to thank God for all He's given me. As a sweet friend reminded me today, we don't know what tomorrow will bring. Today, I'm thanking God for having His hand upon my life. I don't even want to think about what it would be like without Him.
Well, I just want to say thanks again to everyone who's been praying for me. I really, really appreciate it. I also wanted to mention that I've decided to take a little vacation from blogging next week so that I can focus on some other things that really need my attention. Among the things on my To-do list, I really need to get a game plan for what kinds of things I can do with Alyssa to start getting her ready for school next year. We cannot afford preschool, so I will have to be her "Preschool teacher." She is such a bright child ( and I'm not saying that for bragging purposes) and she needs to be stimulated a lot more than what I've been doing with her already. If anyone wants to share anything they do to help their children learn at home while having fun at the same time, I would totally love to hear from you!
P.S. I just want to say thanks again to my friend Kate. I won this marriage book over at her blog yesterday in celebration of her 100th post.
What made me most excited was to find out that she had prayed over the the things she was going to be giving away and I ended up being the winner of this particular item. Let's just be honest...who doesn't want to have a better marriage? Talk about a God thing!
8 comments:
This site has preschool printables. I think a friend gave me the link awhile back, but I can't 100% remember where I first heard about it.
http://www.first-school.ws/INDEX.HTM
Hey Veronica! This isn't exactly a school book, but since your doing her pre-school at home this year, there are many groups called, Classical Conversations. You may or may not have heard of it, but if you would like more info about it, go to www.classicalconversations.com.
It's made for ages 3 and up (or 4, I can't remember
I am SO excited for everything coming up in your life. I know that the Lord is gently leading you right where He wants you to be! That is so awesome about winning the book too. Did you see my comment I left Kate? I said that was so cool because I knew you would let me borrow it when you were done, so it was like I won too. Ha ha!
Enjoy your break next week....I know you'll get lots accomplished. I think your story is just a great testimony of faith....that we don't have to have everything figured out all the time because God will lead us where we need to be.
As for Alyssa, my girls both learned to read words by flashcards. Google "dolch words" and start teaching her the pre-primer ones. If she can learn those by Kindergarten, she will be a grade ahead already. It also gets her used to sounding the letters out. Leapfrog has a great letters video that helps them with the alphabet where they sing a song that says the letter sounds, like "the M says mmmm". I'll send you a link to the words. You can make your own flash cards out of index cards. And just read to her every day, the Dr Seuss books that repeat everything are good. And even the educational cartoons are good for when you don't have time to teach....my girls are always telling us stuff and we're like "where'd you learn that?" and it's always off some show they saw. Ha!
Okay, that was like a blog post. Sorry! :)
What a great prize. WE will miss you, but will be here when you get back from your bloggy break. I try and count my blessings daily too. I have surely been blessed.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Mimi
I'm glad you won the book! And I'll keep praying for you! I've though about taking blogging breaks too but just haven't done it yet. :) I hope you get a lot done!!
I am super excited you won the book and I will get it to you ASAP! So glad you feel like the pieces are starting to fall together!
i somehow stumbled upon your blog & saw you had posted about eating at texas cattle company. that is my favorite place to eat in my hometown of lancaster!! i'm not a southern girl (but not tx, i'm in bama). how fun! your girls are so cute!
Your blog looks great, so cute. I have been so busy too, I think it has to do with school and end of summer stuff, back to school etc.. Take it easy.
Love-
katie
Post a Comment