Well, it's Monday already and I just thought I would share something from church yesterday that I thought someone else out there might be interested in. If this already sounds boring to you, I would at least challenge you to watch the video I've included in this post.
First off, I just wanted to share really quickly about what's been going on with us as far as church is concerned. Everyone who reads this blog is already familiar with the fact that back in February, the Lord really put it in my heart to get back into a church body. It had been two years since we had attended church. When we stopped going to church, it was sort of a gradual thing. It started with missing a few Sundays here and there and then progressed to missing weeks of Sundays that eventually turned into years. What was hard about attending our previous church was the fact that it was a 40 minute drive from our home. We loved that church, and had attended there for 10 years, but the distance became one of the main reasons why it became harder to continue attending faithfully.
Back in February, I reminded my Hubby that we really needed to get back into church. He had mentioned that a friend of his had mentioned us checking out the church that he and his wife attended. We decided to go there to visit, and it's turned out to be the church we've been attending for the past five months. So far it's been okay, but what has been a big challenge lately is not feeling like we really fit in. I realize that going to church isn't really all about the people that attend, but I guess I sorta thought we would make a few friends by now. That hasn't really happened for us and it makes me wonder if we'll ever connect with anybody there. My Hubby and I talk about this whole topic, but we really don't know where else to go. I don't really want for us to be church hopping, but I really want to find a place that we truly feel at home.
At any rate, last week I had been thinking that we should really try to find another church to check out. I was almost about to stop attending this church and then I heard that my BIL and SIL were supposed to come and visit the church we've been attending. Turns out they didn't end up making it yesterday but I am so glad we ended up going after all. Audrey stayed in the nursery the whole time (that was a big deal for us) and I got to listen to the guest speaker. His name was Tom Demaree and he is a part of something called the Pentecost Walk. I remember that he had come to speak at our old church as well. He came to share the vision that he has for uniting the entire body of believers as one for one common cause. This is a small video that he started off with. I'll let you watch the video for yourself, and I would encourage anyone else out there who agrees with this to check out their website.
(Be sure to mute the music at the bottom first).
If you find that you'd like to participate in the signing of the National Prayer of Repentance, you can go here to do that. What a powerful thing to be a part of!
Well, it's my hope that we'll be able to find a church that we feel completely at home. In the meantime, I am reminded that more than church, the Lord wants me to focus on my personal relationship with Him. I am far from perfect and I know I have a lot of work to do...
8 comments:
You already know that I know exactly how you feel about not quite feeling like we fit in at our churches, but it sounds like we both had a great day yesterday at church. Lily was totally excited to go, so that helped alot too. I loved that video and the idea behind it.....it is amazing how our leaders have tried to convince everyone that we don't need Christ anymore. I am going to head over to that website and check it out.
Hope you have a great day!
I will pray that you find the right church...that is so important. I still haven't met many people at our church yet, but the sermons always speak to me.
First - thank you for sharing this video! It was such a blessing to watch/hear.
Second - as you may recall I recently went back to attending a church regularly...I have met many wonderful people but have yet to establish any type of friendships, etc. It takes time I know...I came from a church where I had met many wonderful people and made close friends...ironically...I only keep in touch with very few...ever since my separation and now divorce I always felt like an outcast...reason why I left...I have found that I must be more concern with my relationship with the Lord...exactly what you stated! HA!
It takes time...my nana reminded me about when she and my grandfather immigrated to this country...they went church hoping until they finally found the one that felt like home to them...I hope I don't have to go that route...so I am trying my hardest to be more social...something I don't do so well as I am rather private...LOL!
The Lord will guide you and your family...He knows your hearts!
much LOVE - angelica
You will find the right church sweetie, I know you will. It took ZAch and I FOREVER before we found one that was like "family" to us. Love you lots!
I am praying for you and that you may find a place that you feel as though you belong very soon! :)
I know what you mean. While we've been attending our church for many years, we still don't know that many people on a close personal level. Yeah, we chat with them on Sunday mornings but we really aren't friends.
I have some friends who live in Grover Beach, she's the one who used to live in Paso. I could see where they attend and maybe you could check it out. Is Grover Beach near you? I'm not even sure if the church is in Grover Beach but if not, it's pretty close I'm sure.
You would just love Beth. She's the sweetest thing and I'm proud to call her a friend! She LOVES meeting new people!
Let me know and I'll get the info for you!
I'll be praying for you!
Veronnica :)
Great video and one of the cutest blogs ....love it..Just blog hopping tonight and found yours. I have enjoyed reading it.. I love seeing all the different blog designs. Have a great week.
Well, I am so glad that you are back in church and I do hope you feel like you fit in. Remember church isn't always easy, but it's worth sticking with!
Post a Comment