Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Little Walk

For some reason all summer long I've been waiting for it to truly feel like summer. The weather has been so weird for the last few weeks and from the looks of things, it seems more like the fall around here than summertime.

Yesterday was one of the few days this summer where it was actually nice outside. I decided to take the girls out for a walk after lunch so we could get out and see the light of day. Besides that, I was/am in desperate need of getting some exercise. I am so bad in that department, but I guess the best way to make some changes is just to start with baby steps. At any rate, today I thought I'd post some pictures from our little walk yesterday. I have been purposing to take the girls' pictures every week so that I'll be able to remember how they looked at this age.

Here are the girls when we started out on our walk.
Please try to ignore those ugly looking boulders that are laying there behind Alyssa. My Hubby found those out in the country on some property of a friend of his and just had to bring them home to put on our grass. I just wish he would realize that they aren't really as nice looking as he thinks they are. I even took a poll of what our neighbors think of them and all of them are in agreement that the rocks are U-G-L-Y! If I could just convince my Hubby that they need to go!


Here's my Audrey girl smiling at Mommy...

The girls and I went on our usual path around the complex where we live. I don't think I really talk about our neighborhood very much, but I really do love this area!

Towards the end of our walk, Alyssa decided that she was done walking. She started screaming and saying that she wanted water right then and there. Good ole Mommy forgot to bring water, so I had to convince her that she could get cool if she put my sunglasses on. Here's a picture of her when she calmed down and realized that we really were pretty close to home and it wasn't so bad after all.

Not long before we got home I checked down to peek at Audrey and noticed that she had fallen asleep. I just LOVE this picture of her. Even when she gets to be my big girl, I still want to remember her just like this!!!

Well, that's pretty much it for today. The girls and I made it out again, went out to lunch and then went to check out the Pismo Beach Outlets. We made it to the Carter's store and I was able to get Audrey six pairs of pants for only $20! Now, if I could just find some good deals for Alyssa that would be great. These little girls are growing way too fast!!!

6 comments:

Amber said...

I love Carters! We have one within walking distance of our house and I sometimes go crazy in there!

Stephanie said...

We have to drive an hour to get to the closest Carter's store around here and I HEART that store!

Love the picture of Audrey sleeping...she really is still a baby :) So sweet!

He & Me + 3 said...

Those pictures are so cute. I love that sleeping one. So precious! Good for you getting out and walking...it is good for everyone to be outside when it is nice! Stunt Man would sleep outside if I let him if I let him.

Kristin said...

LOL! You are cracking me up about the rocks in your yard! I can't give an opinion without seeing the whole yard, but it just cracks me up the way you said that.

I cannot even walk out to the mailbox without melting in this 100 degree weather. I'm glad you have been having some nice weather to get out in. The pictures are so cute!

That's a great deal at Carter's! We don't have any Carter's stores around here that I know of.

Unknown said...

I love Carters! I also love walks with my girl, too! Exercise is fun for the whole family!

Anna Gray said...

Precious pics! Your girls are so attractive and photogenic in all of the pics. I have never heard of Carters. But six pairs of pants for only $20?!?! Now that is a pretty good deal.

Also, thanks for your comment on my blog. I am so glad that the card made it to you. I was hoping it didn't get lost in the mail or something. :0)