Friday, July 17, 2009

My Curly Sue

Well, it's Friday already and so far it's been a relaxing day. For the last few days, I've pretty much just been hanging out. Earlier in the week, I started to read the book Crazy Love that Kristin is letting me borrow. It's been pretty slow going since I only read it a little bit at a time, but it's an awesome book with a powerful message. I am hoping to finish it by next week and after that I'll be able to share a little bit more about what I thought about the book.

Yesterday Alyssa and I went together to get haircuts, while my mom came over and watched Audrey. It was nice to get out with just Alyssa since I always have both of the girls with me pretty much all the time. It had been a long time since Alyssa had her hair cut, so we decided to cut a lot of it off and make it easier for both her and Mommy! I have no clue how much we actually had taken off, but she looks like a new little girl to me. I love it when we trim it shorter because all of her natural curls just come up out of nowhere! Here's a picture I took of her today.


I was happy with the way my hair turned out too. It's pretty much the same style as before, except for the back is a bit shorter. I didn't have it colored this time because it just wasn't in the budget. I will definitely have to head on over to Target soon to get some hair dye though, because these grays are coming in with a vengeance! In my mind I still feel too young to be graying this early, but it is happening anyways!!!

Tonight we'll be heading over to my BIL and SIL's house for my niece Breanna's birthday party. Alyssa is so excited and it's all she's been talking about the last couple of days! I'll be sure to take some pictures of the family so that I can post a few here on the blog!

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

10 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Look at those curls. I love them. I love it when I get Model's hair cut too because her curls just spring back! Alyssa is just precious!

Unknown said...

I love her curls! So cute! You all have a lot of birthday parties you go to! Have fun!!

Anna Gray said...

She has such pretty curls! She is so pretty and she definitely gets that from her mom. :0)

Crystal said...

Love her new haircut!! Very cute, she's a doll!!

Kristin said...

I think her hair is absolutely precious the way her little curls came out! She is so beautiful!! Reminds me so much of Madison when she was little.

You should see all my gray hairs. I'm getting so old! Ha!! I've had gray hairs since I was about 24 though, so oh well! LOL!

I hope you have fun at your party tonight!

I hope you like the book too.

Have a great weekend!

Linda said...

Veronica, I love Alyssa's hair! So soft and curly and cute!
I am sure that yours is cute too.

It is fun to get to go out seperately with kids and spend one on one time together huh? I am sure she felt all grown up going to the beauty shop with mommy.

We are going away this morning for a week so I wanted to tell ya so that you don't miss me too much and wonder where mama Linda went! Ha

Going to Sprinfield and Branson Missouri area so that John can golf,..and we will go to some music shows in Branson,...and also to Siver Dolar City amusement park..and we will be looking at condos.

John is thinking he would like to buy a condo in that area so that our girls and families can have a place to stay when they go there to get away. Branson is a fun family place. We go quite a bit.

We are kinda tired after having the grandkids for a few weeks and need a little time away. Smile!

You take care,
Mama Linda

Steph said...

OMGoodness, I got my California goodies today and I LOVE IT!!!! I will mail your goodies Monday (I promise), I have started getting my masters and that has consumed my life right now. And I needed a box so I am using the box that you sent me!!!!! I also put a little touch of the south in there for you also, :-)))))


THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

STEPH

The Pifer's said...

I love her hair like this! BEAUTIFUL!

Chris said...

What a precious little girl! I would so love to have her curls! My hair is straight, oh, so straight! I am glad you had a day out for the two of you!

Anonymous said...

The hair is gorgeous! You and your girls are very pretty! Have a good week in sunny California!