This weekend turned out to be a fun one. On my post from Friday, I (for safety purposes) failed to mention that my Hubby was going to be gone for the weekend on a company camping trip. It was the strangest feeling on Friday night being here with just Audrey, since Alyssa was spending the night at my sister's house and my Hubby was gone too. I ended up staying up until two a.m....something I never do...but I attribute to the fact that I recently fell off the wagon in the no coffee/no soda department, and then cheated on Friday with a Venti White Mocha (my favorite drink ever!!!) from Starbucks, and then with a large iced tea with dinner. I don't know what happened...I started working on hats and totally lost track of time. I sure paid the piper when Audrey ended up waking up at 6:00 a.m., giving me a total of four hours of sleep. Ouch!!!
On Saturday morning, after Audrey and I got ready for the day, we went to pick up Alyssa from my sister's house. She had such a good time with her Auntie and cousin that she did not want to come home with me!!! It's a good thing that Yvonne and I had already decided that we were going to take the girls shopping, because Alyssa would have had a fit had I taken her straight home.
Our plan was to go to San Luis Obispo (which is only about 35-40 minutes north of here) to go shopping. SLO is a fun little college town where there's a ton of cool places to shop. Here's a few pictures from our day...
The main purpose of our trip was to go to here...

We ended up staying in there way too long, because the girls started getting antsy and we had to get moving. We decided to go to Jamba Juice to get the girls some smoothies while my sister went in here...

Although they've got a ton of cute clothes, there is just something wrong with a store that considers even size 14 an "extended size!"
I let my sister take her time while I kept the girls outside with me and we sat and hung out outside of this store...

I decided to see if I could get a few shots of the girls, but they didn't really want to cooperate with me. It was pretty hot outside so I couldn't really blame them. I'm posting this picture, because it was so funny to me to finally get a group picture where Audrey was actually looking at the camera. If I could have just gotten all the other two to look my way! :)

Here's Natalya and Audrey...

And Natalya and Alyssa being silly sitting in Audrey's stroller!

After about an hour and a half of shopping and only two stores later, Yvonne and I decided to head back home. We were pretty wiped out from dealing with the girls, so we decided to call it quits. All in all, it was a pretty good day and it was the first time all summer when the weather actually felt like real summer weather here.
Well, I think I should probably get going for now. I am so excited because today is Monday and my new favorite show is on tonight. I know I never talk about TV, because aside from the Disney channel, I really do not watch TV, but I started watching TLC's new show Cake Boss, and I just love it! Does anyone else out there like this show too?

It's all about an Italian family bakery in New Jersey. The other night, I was laughing so hard when some guys on the show dropped this humongous birthday cake and Buddy, "the boss" tells the guys, "What did you's do???" All I could think to myself was, do people really talk like that in real life? Maybe someone from the east coast can let me know! :)
Happy Monday everyone!
11 comments:
What a fun day! I've actually been in that Gap and Barnes and Noble! One of my dearest friends used to live in Paso Robles and I'd visit often and we'd head down to SLO to snoop around.
I also work at the Gap here in Los Gatos and they have some awful cute stuff coming out for the fall...if only I had endless amounts of money! hahaha!
Wow! You sure did have a busy/exiting/tiring day! It sounds like you had a blast though! I LOVE shopping too! I have never heard of cake boss. We get TLC though; so I will have to check it out! :0)
P.S. You should be recieving a letter from me in a few days. :)
Okay, it's official. I'm packing up my stuff and moving to CA. LOL!!
Even the outside of the stores in CA look a million times better than the ones around here. Everything around here is so boring and run down.
I love the look on Audrey's face. She's so cute! I'm glad you got your orders done and you get to have a break this summer. I bet you'll be bored by next week. Ha!
I haven't ever watched that show. I will have to see if I can watch it sometime.
I absolutely LOVE both The Gap and Cake Boss!!! I've been dressing our entire family in mostly Gap apparrel for the last 10 years. They have some great sales and recently they've been having a TON of specials and extra discounts. I bought WAY too many clothes for this Summer because everything was so cheap on clearance.
My kids and I also love watching Cake Boss. We got hooked from the Jon & Kate lead in. It's a very funny show.
Glad that your hats are done. Hoping that you are able to enjoy the Summer.
Trisha
I can tell we sooo love the same stores, I LOVE the Gap, all time favorite store. I love cake boss, I loved it when his mother came in and he had the "dirty" cakes hidden and she found them, love it!!! Sounds like you had a great weekend. Talk to ya soon!!!
I LOOOOOOVE CAKE BOSS!! Have you seen one of the earlier ones when Buddy was making the bunny cake? The way he said "the fur fell off the bunny!!" with his accent had my husband and me rolling on the floor. LOVE IT!!
Hey Vernica:
I'm from New Jersey and YES some Jersey folks do talk like that LOL
Blessings,
Maryellen
So glad you are getting a break. I am sure it feels good. What a fun time to go shopping with just the girls. I love all those stores you posted pictures of. I dont' watch TV, but that show sounds like something my 9 year old would like because she is all about anything that has to do with baking and cooking. LOL
Audrey looks like she just loves to be photographed! :)
I like Cake Boss too....so funny!
I always stay up way too late when Eric is gone! Then reminded in the morning when Molly wakes up that I am way too old to do that!
Enjoy your free time! Have fun and make a huge memory with the family!
Love jamba juice :)
Post a Comment