Thursday, July 9, 2009

About Faith and Endurance

Just thought I'd pop in one more time today to share something that happened today. Earlier this afternoon after lunchtime, the girls and I made a trip to Costco to get a couple of necessities. I was literally down to one diaper and that just wasn't going to work. I am usually good about being on top of those sorts of things, but like I mentioned earlier today, I haven't really been at the top of my game in my other-than-hats-life. Anyhow, while we were in the car, I was listening to K-Love. Can I just say how much of a blessing that radio station has been to me? I've been listening to it a lot in my car lately and I love all of the music they play.

During a break between songs, a person came on (I'm thinking it was a Christian singer, I just don't remember her name at the moment) and she talked about wanting to share a few verses from the Bible that really spoke to her. If you read my last post, you'll know that I've been doing a little soul-searching lately...hoping to find what the Lord has in store me and my future with my business. Sometimes I feel desperate about certain things in my life and feel like the enemy is out to sabotage all the things that the Lord has blessed me with, creating doubt in me that is sometimes hard to shake.

I know I'm not the only one who has/is currently going through similar situations.

As soon as I heard the woman reading these verses this afternoon on the radio...I couldn't help but think she was speaking directly to me. I just had to come home and open my Bible to find it myself. Here's what she shared...

Dear brothers and sister, whenever trouble comes your way, let it be an opportunity for joy. For when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be strong in character and ready for anything.

James 1:2-4
New Living Translation


That last part gave me chills because I could just feel God's presence. This next part spoke to me even more.

If you need wisdom--if you want to know what God wants you to do--ask him, and he will gladly tell you. He will not resent your asking. But when you ask him, be sure that you really expect him to answer, for a doubtful mind is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.

James 1:5-6

How's that for a word from the Lord! I felt so encouraged by this today. It's funny how sometimes you can ask the Lord for guidance but your not sure how he's going to answer you. God is so good and I can't wait to see what else he wants to tell me!!!

12 comments:

Julie said...

What great verses. Thank you for sharing them. I'm so glad that we have each other to lean on right now. I think you're amazing and your hats are the cutest thing ever!

I will be praying for you.

Sarah said...

Love this! Thanks for sharing, Veronica!

Anna Gray said...

Neat story Veronica! Can't wait to hear what you're going to be doing next...
:0)

Crystal said...

I love when things like this happen. You know the exact same thing happened to me towards the beginning of our life long journery with a heart baby. It was at the beginning when I was still having a very hard time accepting and dealing with everything.. I went for a walk one night while listening to radio on my phone, they were talking about "sick children" and why things like this happen. It was amazing, and life changing to say the least. I don't think it could have been any more clear that it was a message to me.

God is so amazing!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Kristin said...

Amen, girlfriend! James has always been my favorite book of the Bible. Thank you for reminding me that I don't have to guess or be in control, I just need to ask and wait for my answer! LOVE that!! and Love you too!

Linda said...

Thanks Veronica,...I felt like you and I were having devotions together when I read this. Those verses are so special. I really like that version of the Bible and I keep saying I am going to pick one up. I really am going to do that. (((smile)))

I love how you and Kristin always share how the Lord is speaking to your heart,..and about what you both are learning in your walk with the Lord. It is so wonderful to see Christians growing closer to the Lord.

Keep on trusting Him for everything and you will never be disappointed.

Love, Linda

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you Veronica!! God is so good, and I love K-Love too!!

Lindy said...

I listened to that same message. I think it was Rebecca St. James. Powerful!

Elisabeth said...

Amazing! James is one of my favorite books in the bible.

The Pifer's said...

I love this post!!!! Of all days for me to read it this morning before our appt was wonderful timing :) I believe God had his hand in that one!!! Love you and thanks for sharing!

Joyeful said...

The verses that you shared just spoke to my heart so much!! I love the verse in James that tells us to ask without doubting that He will answer!! Wow.

Katie said...

I love K-love. In Colombus we do not have it but have a weak seeker friendly station that does not compare. They share very little scripture but really push being postive it drives me insane. God is perparing you. So cool, Wish we lived closer and Kristen too.