Saturday, June 13, 2009

A Party and More Giveway Wins

Happy Saturday everyone! It's nap time 'round these parts so I'm racing to get caught up on my blogging. I am so behind since I took yesterday off. If you haven't heard from me in a while, please know that everything's okay over here, and I will be back to read your blogs soon. This week has been pretty crazy. I've questioned lots of different things and wondered if it's even worthwhile to continue blogging considering just how much I like to share. After thinking about things for a couple of days, I've decided that I still want to blog and still want to share in your lives as well.

Well, as I mentioned the other day, it was my sister Yvonne's birthday. We had a good time at her party. She and my brother in law and niece Natalya just got a new place and we got to have her party at their house. It was a small party with just a few family members. I don't think I've really talked too much about my side of the family here on my blog, but I come from a pretty small family. I am the oldest of three sisters. After me comes my sister Dolly. Dolly and I are only 18 months apart. Not long after Dolly came, my parents tried for a boy and instead, they had another girl, Yvonne! After three girls they gave up hope on ever having any boys. I often wonder if what happened to my parents would be the case with us, considering that we already have two girls. Who knows!

Anyhow, we had a great time at the party and I took lots of pictures, only my sisters kept trying to avoid me. They kept asking me "Are you going to put this on your blog?" and I was like, "Probably," and they were like, "That's okay, but we don't want to be on blogspot.com! They totally had me laughing when they said that!!! Both of my sisters think I'm crazy for blogging and sharing my life with strangers, but I know all of you guys out there "get it!"

After my sisters shot me down, I was able to take a picture of my mom. Once you see her, you will totally know who I look like...



One of the best parts of the party was the cake that my mom made. I was so proud of the way my Mom decorated it, because I am usually the creative one in the baking department. My Mom made this cake especially for Yvonne, since she wanted a chocolate cake.

And then, she also made these yummy cupcakes in a strawberry flavor, since my brother in law and Natalya won't eat any other flavor of cake but strawberry!!!


Here I am with Alyssa and Natalya. As you can see from the picture, it looks like I am in the middle of other people. I finally convinced my sisters to get in a picture with me, since we haven't taken a group picture in a long time, but since they won't let me post their picture here on my blog, just try to use your imagination to picture two other ladies that look very much like me on either side of me!!!


All in all, it was a great party. I was glad to be able to spend time with my sisters and catch up on things.
My week finished up on a happy note when I received my two blog giveaway wins. Remember how I shared a while back that I had won a diaper pouch and dribbler set from Cutie Patooties after getting entered into the raffle for the Pifer's? As it turns out, Courtney from Cutie Patooties was so nice to offer to make me something other than the dribbler since I don't have a small baby anymore. I asked her if I could have two diaper pouches instead. She was kind enough to say yes, so I got one for Alyssa too, since I knew she would see the one I got for Audrey and wonder where hers was. What's so neat about the pouches is that you can use them for a notepad and pens and fun stuff like that after your baby outgrows the diaper stage. Alyssa loves little pouches and things to put all the things she collects, so it worked out perfectly.


And then...remember the Fourth of July hair bow giveaway I posted about on my sidebar a while back? Turns out I was one of two people who won that cute little hair bow!!! I was so excited when I got the email from Sarah saying that I had won. You can go check out Sarah's online boutique called Pip-Sqeak Bowtique here.

I got the bow with the intention of putting it on Audrey. I showed it to Alyssa just today and she was like..."What about me Mommy?" So Sarah, you will be hearing from me soon, because of course what one girl has, the other has to have as well. It will be fun to see the girls in matching bows for the Fourth!
Thank you so much to Courtney and Sarah !!!
Well, I thought this was going to be doing a short post, but look who got carried away again. I have lots more to share, so I'm going to try to post later on tonight or tomorrow. Yesterday we went to my niece Roxann's high school graduation and we had such a awesome time. I have lots of pictures I need to post, but I'd better get going on a couple of hats I'm working on today. Hope you all are having a great weekend so far!

13 comments:

The Pifer's said...

Oh I am so glad that you got your gift! They look amazing!!!!

Love all your pictures too sweetie!! :)

Steph said...

Hey, crazy thing is I have been thinking lately about should I continue to blog, should I really be opening my life to the world. But I know how much I love reading blogs, especially yours, so I think just maybe people like reading mine. Also when I look back, I will have posted stuff that I have forgot about, so it is a really good "journal" for me.
I love the chocolate oreo cake, looks so yummy!! Also, could you share some of the giveaway winning luck, JK?? Ha, congrats!!!! That bow is awesome!!!

Glad all is well, talk to ya soon,

Steph

He & Me + 3 said...

Those are beautiful gifts that you got.
That cake looks so good & so glad the party was fun.
The picture of you turned out great too. YOu are so pretty.
So glad that you decided to keep blogging. It is fun.

Kristin said...

Yummy.....I want some cake! LOL!

I love those diaper pouches! They are so cute! And I like the bow too....that would be so cute to have one for each of them for the 4th!

You are going to have to convince your sisters to let you post their picture, because I want to see how much you look alike! :)

Your Mom is beautiful, and so are you! Have a great rest of the weekend!!

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad that you chose to continue blogging!

Oh my...that picture of you mom definitely shows that you are her daughter! The two of you look so much alike. Wish we could see your sisters...maybe one day you'll talk them into it :) Really it's not all that bad!

You're a winner this week...I'm jealous!

Sarah said...

:) Alyssa's comment about the bow made me smile.

Yes, you do look like your mom!

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Crystal said...

Love the family time, it's the best.

I can totally relate.. I have also wondered if I should quit blogging.. you know.. I think we (you and me) are still so new to blogs.. hopefully these feeling hurry and pass because I sure love me some blogs!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Pictures are cute. I swear I gained 10 pounds looking at those delicious cakes! And oreos, what could be better than that!

Joyeful said...

I'm glad you decided to keep blogging--you are such a kind and genuine person and your friendship blesses us all!!!

Amber said...

The Diaper pouches are so cute! and that hair bow...I so need a girl next!

Linda said...

Veronica,...I would miss you if you quit blogging ((smile))

Such a sweet picture of your mom. And YES,...you do look so much like her. I was disappointed when your sisters pooped out and wouldn't let you post their pictures. I'll bet they are pretty too,...just like you and your mama....and your girls.

We were out of town for a family wedding, so I am catching up today. I had to see if you had posted,...and I was glad to find that you had, and that you had enjoyed some family time too.

There is a balance with this blog thing. Just do it when you have time, and consider it a hobby.


Also it is kind of an outreach or a ministry too,...because you minister to so many of us with your caring heart and fun spirit. I personally love to hear what God is doing in your life as you grow in your walk with Him.

Love you,
Linda

Stephanie said...

What exciting prizes! I love the bow too! Too funny that your girls have to have the same thing...reminds me of growing up with my sister, Melissa. We fought ALL the time, mostly cuz she wanted to be her own person. She would always try to do what was opposite of me. But, being the oldest of five kids, there were many times we would say to my mom, "But it's not fair...why can't I have one too?" My mom would always respond, "Well, life isn't always fair." ;) Melissa and I get along amazingly today, mostly cuz we don't live together anymore ;) She LOVES to come visit too and is such a sweet aunt to my daughter.

Stephanie said...

Oh yeah...the cake looks DELICIOUS too! Your mom did a great job!