Today..this little girl turned 15 months old. I'm cheating here because this is not a picture I actually took today, but it's close enough! I have been meaning to do a separate post about what she's been up to so I'll have a place to look back where she was at at this age. I will have to work on that another day:)

In one week from today, this BIG girl will be turning four years old! Boy does the time fly!!! I've been so busy lately, I almost didn't realize how close we are until her birthday. I barely got to ordering her party decorations on Tuesday...bad mommy!

Okay...so as I was mentioning earlier, I wanted to share what we did on Sunday. You might remember a while back I posted about going on a girls day trip to the movies with Alyssa and my nieces. I had really been wanting to go back to the movies to do another "Big Girl" activity with Alyssa. I got my Hubby to watch Audrey and we were able to go the the movies and see this movie...

Have any of you been to see this movie too? I guess I was kinda thinking it would be better than it actually ended up being. The movie started out sad and although it had some funny parts, overall, I felt a little disappointed with the movie as a whole.
Here's Alyssa eating her popcorn before the movie started...

And Breanna and Hannah, of course...

On Sunday afternoon after we got home we spent some time playing with a fun new toy. Turns out, some new neighbors of mine were having a yard sale on Sunday morning. I had met my new neighbor's mom for the first time on Saturday while walking down to check the mail. She mentioned to me that her daughter would be having a yard sale the next day and I should come check it out. I am not usually a yard sale person for a lot of reasons, (mainly because I am not good at bartering), but for some reason, I decided to get ready for church early and check out the yard sale right before we left. I know that it was totally God, because when I got down there, I saw that they were selling a Barbie Jeep. Alyssa had been wanting a car for months, but I was not about to pay $350 for a brand new one! I asked my neighbor's mom how much she was selling it for and she said that she said that originally wanted to sell it for $60 but she would take $25! It was such a blessing because it turned out to be an early birthday present for Alyssa and she was so excited about it.
What's so cool is that I was able to seat belt Audrey in there and Alyssa got to drive her around. It brought the biggest smile to my face to see my two big girls riding in the car together!!!

Here's another cute one of them. I was following right behind them as Alyssa drove to the park across the street from our house. I just had to take this picture!

8 comments:
happy birthday to your sister! What a great deal you got at the yard sale. THey both love that and that is all that matters. The pictures are so cute. Sorry you didn't really like the movie. Yours is the first review I have read that was not completely in love with it. Thank you for your honest opinion. I haven't seen it yet. But now that gives me even more reason to wait for it to come to the dollar show.
So excited for your great deal on the Barbie jeep! I love, love, love a great deal! :)
You are the best mom and aunt ever! A Barbie jeep! Sweet! How fun! What kind of birthday are you throwing for the big 4 year old??
Happy Birthday Yvonne!
And I can't wait to hear all about Alyssa's Birthday....Happy Early Birthday sweetie!!
I LOVE the Barbie jeep....what an awesome deal....it's in such great shape and they look so cute in it!! Ask them if I come over, will they take me for a ride? LOL!!
I was wondering about that movie too....guess I'll wait for it to come out on DVD.
Well, I better go get the girls ready for this recital rehearsal....wish me luck! It's gonna be a long night! :)
Love ya!
Kristin
$25!! That's amazing!! Looks like they're enjoying it! Why do they grow up so fast?!?!
A barbie jeep!!! How cool! Is it bad that I wish they made them in adult sizes!?
Seriously, wasn't it just Audreys birthday, like last week? Lol! Boy time does fly by. I love yard sales! I believe you got the deal of the day too! Congrats.
We have a drive inn theater 'bout and hour from our house. I think were going to take the kids to see up, next friday night.
Washer is almost like horseshoes but instead you have platforms with a hole in them a tad bit bigger than a "washer" itself. You have 2 platforms about 20 feet apart and you have to throw your "washer" to the farthest platform. Way harder than it sounds. I'll post pictures next time so you can see the actual platform. Its a really fun game though. I stink at it, but had a blast.
~Carrie
Lucas and Jacob went to see UP too...Lucas said it was okay but Jacob left after 30 mins so it must not have been too good.
Beautiful pictures of your girls!!!!!
Post a Comment