Friday, June 26, 2009

My 100th Post and a California Giveaway!!!

Happy Friday everybody!!! I've gotten zero accomplished today around the house, but the good news is that I finally figured out what I will be giving away today in celebration of my 100th post!!!

From my last post, you'll remember that for the last couple of days I've been in search of something that's California-ish for my giveaway. I wanted to give away something that represents the part of CA I'm from, too. After reading your comments from yesterday, it made me realize that the item(s) didn't really have to be anything big. I thought about it a lot yesterday and decided to go back to Pismo Beach last night after dinner. I went back to one of the pierside shops and talked to a really sweet gal who was working there. I told her about how I was looking for something authentic from our area, and asked her if she had any suggestions. She showed me a couple of things and before too long, I finally made my decision about what I wanted to get. I do want to mention too, that I searched high and low for some fun shells to give away but the truth of it is, I just couldn't find any shells that were from here. All the shells they had for sale were from everywhere else like China or Taiwan, and like I mentioned earlier, I really wanted to get some fun stuff that was actually from this area.
At any rate, here's what the winner of my giveaway will receive:
~A "California" keychain.


~A bag of yummy ( I got some for myself, so I know it's good) saltwater taffy made right there at this little shop by the Pier.

~And lastly...this little bottle of sand with super cute little shells inside. I decided to go down to the beach and get some actual local sand and when I came home, I replaced the sand that came inside this bottle with the sand I got down at the beach. I thought it would be fun to make this item a little more authentic.

So...this is the deal. I'm giving all three of these items to ONE winner. All you have to do is leave a comment on this post. The comment can be about anything. I also want to mention that it's open to anyone who reads this blog, whether you're a follower or not. I will leave the giveaway open until Tuesday morning so that anyone who wants to enter will have a chance.
Well, I'd better get going for now. I seriously can't believe it's almost the end of the day already. I just want to say thank you to everyone who's been reading and following along on this little blogging adventure with me over the past four months. You guys are awesome!!!
P.S. Thanks for all your sweet comments yesterday. You guys had me LOL about me giving away plane tickets to CA and such. Tell you what, if I ever strike it rich, I'll fly all of you out here to CA so we can have one big blogging get-together!!! Hey...it could happen. Kristin and I are still holding out on that possibility!!! And speaking of Kristin, be sure to head on over to her blog to check out her 200th post and giveway too! Have a great weekend everybody!
P.S.S. If you have never commented here, please feel free to do so. Please also be sure to leave your blog url so that I know where to find you just in case you're the winner. Thanks so much!

20 comments:

Emmalie and Aidan's Mom said...

Very original ideas!

Unknown said...

I love the California things! So awesome! Happy 100th post!

Anna Gray said...

You rock! I would die if you striked rich and got us all plane tickets. The giveaway prizes are awesome too! Happy Friday!

Kristin said...

So cool....this is a really FUN giveaway!! I love it!

I'm going to have to go and see what everyone left on your comments...that does sound funny!

I promise you.....one day I will make it to CA! But, you striking it rich really would help, for sure! Ha!!!

The Pifer's said...

I was actually just coming to your blog to tell you how amazing you were and to thank you for being there for me...little did I know that I would get to comment on a giveaway post :)

Anyways, thank you sweetie! Your words of wisdom and your kindness means so very much to me!

Love-Hugs and Prayers-
Tiff

Julie said...

Fred would love you if you sent us some saltwater taffy! :) Congrats on your 100th post missy! I look forward to the next 100 and so on!

Love ya!

Stephanie said...

Oh yes...I'm looking in the mail for my ticket :)

I love salt water taffy...it doesn't get any better than that!

Happy 100th post!

Steph said...

Well, since it wasn't that long ago I had a 100th post giveaway and this wonderful California lady won it, I think it would be awesome for this Arkansas girl to win that wonderful Californian's 100th post giveaway!!! HA!
Congrats on your 100th post cute giveaway!!

Steph

Amber said...

Congrats on your 100th post! Isn't it amazing how fast the posts pile up! That taffy looks good. My diet wouldn't appreciate it, but I would!

amanda said...

i LOVE salt water taffy. you could forget to send that to the real winner if i don't win. :) and just send it to me. how fun. i'm excited!! i am so blessed to have met you my friend. looking forward to a hundred bajillion more posts. (bajillion is more than a million and a trillion...not sure how much more but it is. i had to explain that to my hubby last night. he just didn't get it. i told him i'm a genius so i know these things. lol)

He & Me + 3 said...

Those are awesome gifts. Great ideas for me to use for my virginia beach giveaway next friday. LOL
I would totally love that taffy & some cali sand sinc I have never been.

Linda said...

Veronica,...Congrats on your 100th post. I am not there yet.

I love you and your girls, and your blog! And I am sure your hubby is great too.

I love your spiritual growth that I see when you share your heart with us all.

I am a California girl, and I never thought about bringing home some California sand when we were there last fall. That is a cute little bottle of sand with California written on it. ((smile))

I know what ya mean about the shops selling shells from China etc. I was trying to buy my grandson a California shell and they all said they were from overseas??? Crazy!

Keep up the great blog. Love you and your tender heart.

Linda

Megan said...

I love your homemade gifts!! The hats are just too cute for words. I want to order one but don't know how big my daughter will be in the fall. The hat will be perfect for the chilly MN Fall weather!! After I had my first baby this past Spring and was off of work I've started making homemade gifts (bags, burp cloths....) to sell as well. It's fun to look at other blogs for inspiration :)

Stephanie said...

How fun! Congrats on your 100th post - I'm so glad you found blogging and that we found each other. My hubby was asking me the other day where my blogging friends live and when I said you were from California he said, "We can go visit her someday...there's lots of cool biking areas in CA!" Hehe! Obviously it won't be happening anytime soon, but someday it would be so fun!

Anonymous said...

Ooooo how fun! I wanna win. Lol. Have a great weekend.

Angie said...

Hi Veronica! Congrats on the 100th blog post!

I do love your hats! Thanks so much again!

Angie :)

Anonymous said...

I love the palm trees on the key chain!! I wish Atlanta had palm trees!! I have to settle for my little bamboo plant on my desk - not the same!!

Question - how long does it take for you to make a hat?

Sarah :)

Chris said...

Go Girl! 100th post giveaway! Love the gifts, wow, you're just so creative and thoughtful! So how is the weather in California? Down south here is HOT, 103 yesterday.....send me some salt water taffy girlfriend! LOL

agk11808 said...

little disappointed i thought you were giving away a trip to CA! just kidding, although it would be nice! I love the sand, my husband and i have the same containter filled from our honeymoon, they have them at a local craft store for $1! we just stayed local in WI but, i could add the sand to our collection of bottles :)

Sarah said...

Happy 100th post! All of the California things are so cute!

One of my favorite things about your blog is the Kari Jobe song that plays when the page opens. I had never heard of her or that song before your blog and I LOVE it!