Yesterday as I was reading some of the posts from some of you, I finally came to the realization of just how blessed I am. I read about some prayer requests for some people who desperately needed a touch from the Lord and it really put things in perspective for me. What right do I have to be feeling sorry for myself and wasting my time worrying about what everyone else thinks of me, when I actually have it pretty good? I am so blessed, yet I let the enemy try to confuse me and get me all turned around. I realized what my problem really is...I make zero time to read my Bible, yet I find time to do everything else I want to do. And then, when I start to get down, I have nothing to help me fight the battle. I kind of allow the devil to use me as a punching bag and I just sit there and take it. Can anyone else relate to this? Well, I know I need to make some changes in this area, I just need to figure out where to start.
Well, these are just some of the things I've been thinking about these last couple of days while I've been working. I have lots more I want to post about but today is my grocery shopping day and I have to get going on a couple of other projects. I just thought I'd share really quick about what I've been thinking about and say thanks to you guys for always being there to encourage me when I'm down. I have seriously been so blessed by blogging and all the sweet people I've come in contact with.
And speaking of this blog...I'm coming up on a big day soon. I have only been blogging since the beginning of February but my next post will be my 100th. Yesterday I was wracking my brain trying to figure out a fun giveaway to do. As many of you already know, I live here on the beautiful Central Coast of California. We are literally only 20 minutes away from the beach. Last night, as I finished with my have-to's for the day, I took a little drive up north to Pismo Beach to see if I could find anything Californiaish to give away, but I ended up finding nothing. I really wanted to give something away that represents the area I live in, but all I found were some overpriced keychains and postcards. The only other thing we're really know for in this area is our strawberries and our love for BBQing with oak. Since I can't very well ship any of you either of those items, I'm stumped on what would be fun to give away. I guess I'm just curious to know what all of you that aren't from CA would like to see from CA?
Well, I guess I've got some thinking to do. In the meantime...here are just a couple of pictures of Pismo from last night. You'll have to excuse the darkness in the pictures. The weather here lately has not been exactly your typical summer in California weather. Hope everyone is having a great Thursday. It's almost the end of the week already!!!

( The view looking down toward the pier and the beach)

(Downtown Pismo Beach)
The Splash Cafe--the best place to go to for Clam Chowder, ever...and where we had dinner last night!!!)
12 comments:
I've been there so much myself. The devil can see just a spec of doubt and take hold.
I am grateful to have meet you through your hats. And you are so right, we are blessed beyond measure. Our children are healthy, our husbands work very hard for us, and we have a Father that loves us more than we could ever know.
How cool is that!
God bless!
Hi Veronica
Remember that just because there are people that may seem worse off than you - this doesn't mean that YOUR problems, struggles, heartaches are trivial in any way. We're all on different walks of life. We meet people where they are, they meet us where we are, and we can pray together despite our differences!!
This may sound strange, but even if you did a give-away with a cheap jar filled with shells and sand I think people would LOVE it!! They make great decorative pieces or a makeshift tealight holder. I don't get to the ocean as much as I would like, so I love getting little reminders of it every now and then!!
Grace & Peace,
Sarah :)
Hey! Hope you're having a fun day! Isn't it funny that you'll be celebrating your 100th and I'll be celebrating my 200th on pretty much the same day? Cool, huh?!
Those pictures of the beach look wonderful! I'm glad you got to make a trip over there and eat dinner there....that sounds like fun! Morgan and I were just talking about taking a little overnight trip with the girls to Galveston...it's nowhere near nice like CA though! LOL!!
Anyways, I'm with Sarah....even some cool seashells would be neat to have. Or, just do a few of your favorite things for the giveaway. We aren't picky! Ha!!
I just love your blog and I'm lucky to be able to share your special moments with you!
Love ya,
Kristin
Good post Veronica! I haven't ever really struggled with being insecure because I just am my regular self and don't care what people think about me (you know what I mean :). You were wondering about what you could do for the giveaway drawing thing-ma-jig, well if I happened to win the giveaway, honestly, I would be happy with ANYTHING from california! I am pracitcally obsessed with the state! I would take dirt from cali...seriously! So I probably am no help with giveaway ideas. What's it like down there? I've always wanted to visit, who knows, maybe sometime I will go in a few years. Well happy blogging and remember to stay secure! Since God made you in your own unique way, I don't think you should be insecure one BIT. :)
Love the pics! So jealous! I will try & think of some ideas. Although I would be happy to win a plane ticket there for a visit! :)
I'm in the same place as you. I find time for everything other than my bible. I swear you & I are in the exact same place & dealing with the same things. Let's help each other stay focused!!
Thanks for your comment Veronica! I wish I could say I lived in CA; but sadly, I have never been. I am dying to go though! Maybe when I move out of the house and I have a family of my own I'll wind up living there. :)
I think you should read Abba's Child, or Crazy Love. They both reveal how much God loves you, and cares for you. It will give you a whole new perspective for what an amazing creation you are!
It takes a lot of guts to share your heart. Honey we all have this problem. The devil loves to prey on us woman.. I have not idea why. I know your a awesome person,mom, friend, pretty, funny, witty, creative. I tell people all the time when I see stuff about them I like. A lot of times people think those things but are to insecure to even tell people. Just be you and not worry. I have found when I'm deeply In Love with Him in my daily walk I don't care what anyone thinks. I have gained the most friends in my life when I let Him lead through me. Take Care. I will check tomorrow for your post.
ps. Most of us would love sea shells, I love shells...
Oh I'm jealous....I've only been to California once and I was only 12 so I'd love to go back!
I'm glad that you are feeling alittle better about everything....you are such an awesome person and should not be feeling bad about yourself at all!!!!
I totally relate to this post!! I have a history of "beating myself up" over every little thing!! God has really been setting me free in this area though--His love is finally sinking in and making me realize that as long as He accepts me completely---I can too. I got a One Year Bible and it's organized for daily reading--it's helped me so much with that area!!!
And can I just say that you live in an awesome place??? Right near the beach! Oh girl, it just doesn't get better than that!
FIRST: i still need to email you. sorry.
SECOND: i've been in the same boat as you, busy doing 'life' stuff and not computer stuff. which is okay.
THIRD: i too make so much time for everything else, BUT opening the bible. until this week. it's my challenge to myself. and i'm doing okay at it. something i learned in galatians this week: god doesn't play favorite to any man! spoke to me i guess
FOURTH: you can giveaway a plane ticket, to me, to come meet you in cali, because cali is way cooler than wisconsin. not cooler temp wise, but just cooler. :0)
FIFTH: or you can mail me a palm tree.
SIX: or the beach. you know a REAL BEACH!!
SEVEN: i'm done rambling. going to try to comment some more and maybe get a blog post up before the kids are done with breakfast. :0)
Post a Comment