
I took these pictures with my new camera and honesty, I'm not happy with this one either. I am seriously starting to think that the problem with the cameras has more to do with me than the actual cameras. I don't know what to do anymore. I really want to take this new camera back, but the lousy part of it all is that I bought it at Best Buy and if you return items such as digital cameras, you are subject to a 15% restocking fee. I know I will not be happy unless I return it, but I will still be upset that I do not have a camera that I actually like. Does anyone out there have any suggestions for a camera they like that's under $250? Any help would be greatly appreciated:)
This morning I continued on with Project New Me and went to the dentist for a teeth cleaning. Everything went well and as it turned out, I had no cavities. Go me!!! I was already anticipating them telling me I had a cavity or two since it had been at least two years since I had been to the dentist. I pictured them having to give me a shot and I was not liking the idea of that. Why is it that I still cringe at the thought of pain and shots when I've been through childbirth twice??? Anyhow...today was pretty intense and all it consisted of was x-rays and a basic teeth cleaning. Since it had been forever since my last cleaning, I had so much plaque. Note to self....floss more ans DO NOT wait two years to go back to the dentist. On the way home, I started to feel like I was coming down with something, and I have been feeling a little yucky ever since. All of it was worth it though to have clean teeth and guess what? The staining on my two top front teeth is gone!!!
I'm telling you I am so wiped out today...my eyes look so swollen in this picture to me, but hey, at least the staining is gone!!!
In other news...guess what I got in the mail just a little while ago??? That's right, it's the item I won over at my friend Steph's blog, The Houston House. Did anyone want to guess what's inside?


Pretty huh? I totally had to laugh too when my mailman came to my door to deliver the package to me, since it was too big to fit in my mailbox down the street. We live in a tract home community where we all share a community mailbox, so anytime something big comes, the mailman has to hand deliver the items. I laughed because I have been making the poor guy work overtime delivering packages left and right for me lately. I know he must be wondering what the heck I'm doing around here. When I heard the doorbell ring when he delivered the package today, I made sure to go out and say thanks to him. I told him how I have a crocheted hat business and that would explain a lot about why I get so many packages. Over the last few weeks I've had different packages coming with things like yarn, business cards, etc. I knew my mailman had to be wondering just why I get so many things coming all the time!
Well, I guess that's it for today. Thank you so much to everyone who prayed for me about the weaning situation with Audrey. I so totally couldn't have asked for anything more than how the last three days have been. The last time I nursed was on Friday morning. Saturday was pretty rough for Audrey, but like I mentioned on my last post, I really felt it was time for our nursing relationship to end. I love my little girl so much and part of me is sad to see our special time end, but I really felt it would be good for her to be a little more independent. Both yesterday and today I've just been trying to snuggle and love on her a little more and it really seems to be working out great. And the best part of it all, she's taking even more steps on her own. I am so excited to see her go onto the next stage, and I can't help but admit that I'm enjoying the fact that after a year and a half, I can finally wear my regular bras again! Oh, the little joys in life!
14 comments:
Haha! I may not be wearing "regular" bras for years at the rate I'm having babies ;) So glad to hear things went well for you this weekend. I missed your last post, cuz I was gone for the weekend. I'm starting to wean my daughter off daytime feedings, because I'd like her to be down to only morning/evening when our new baby comes. I'd still like to nurse her when he arrives, but it will be so much easier if she's only nursing those two times. Plus, she LOVES table food and eats whatever we're having for dinner. Today I tried feeding her some of the frozen breastmilk I had saved in a sippy cup and she did really well. We'll see how tomorrow goes - one day at a time ;)
Awww! I like the pictures of the girls with their Grandma....you can tell they're related. :) I think you look so beautiful in your picture! I hope you aren't getting sick! I love the candy dish....what a nice giveaway. I got my giveaway I won in the mail today too....it was a book, the cutest travel mug with a "K" on it, some mascara and coffee. All my faves. LOL! We must have a lucky streak going on. I'm glad to hear the weaning is going so well too.
Hey, I am glad you like the candy dish!! On a funny side note, I got a call from my dentist today reminding me of my teeth cleaning tomorrow. It must be that time of year!!!
I have a canon powershot & it was like 199.00 I got it as my purse camera and I think it takes really great pictures for a point and shoot.
congrats on that beauty candy dish. love it!
Teeth look great too, but you have always had a contagious smile.
What a pretty dish!
I'm glad that things are working out with Audrey and that you are able to find a balance.
Sorry I've been so behind and nonexistent lately..I'm trying to catch up but I'm so far behind I might as well just give up on that! Missed you though.
You have such a beautiful smile, Veronica! And I'm so glad to hear that you and your girl are doing so well with the weaning situation! I can't wait to wear my "regular bras" too!! LOL!
Veronica, Sorry you are feeling a little yucky today. I hope that you feel better real soon. I prayed for you sweetie.
I liked the pics of Grandma with the girls. We grandmas sure love times with our kiddos.
Now your smile is even more dazzling after the dentist visit! ((wink)) Beautiful smile!
I have been wanting to get mine whitened. But I think I will just do the whitening strips.
Your candy dish is pretty. I am glad you won it. You are getting to know the mailman,...we are always getting packages too because my husband buys things all of the time from EBAY. He always jokes and says,..."everyday is like Christmas when he gets something in the mail". ((smile))
I hope that you get your camera problems worked out. I can't help ya there,...I know nothing about them. We bought Lynnette's old one when she bought a new one. It is a big one with a big lense. But my daughter Lisa has a nice little one that fits in her purse and she really likes it.
I hope it works out and that you will find one you love.
Chat with you another time.
Blessings!
Linda
You are so cute Veronica! Good job on the no cavities! :)
What a pretty dish you won. That must have been a fun thing to get in the mail.
It was so nice visiting. I've been so busy I haven't been blog hopping and I've missed it.
Have a lovely week.
Your chum,
Lynnette
love the dish. so cute. but i'd have to keep it up way high at my house too! :0)
glad weaning is going well. it's a crazy process, but it's all good too!
watch out world here comes audrey.
and i get the ups man here a lot at my house. :0) he probably wonders what's in all these boxes!! lol.
I use a Sony Cybershot. It's a point & shoot that's under $200. I got it mainly because it takes video too (but you know how well that's going for me right now - LOL!).
Glad weaning is going well. Trevor weaned himself, so I didn't have any issues. I'm hoping Tyler does the same thing. A regular bra? What's that?
Love the dish! I haven't been to the dentist in a long time either! But I promised myself that I would go before the end of the year, I am scared of cavities too! Yea for weaning! I only lasted 6 months with Molly, she literally ate every 45 min for 6 months and I thought I was going to die, or my nipples were going to fall off! So happy for you!
Hey girl, what happen to your button??
Steph
On my and my husband's computer it says to upgrade to Pro today? Bandwidth exceeded then at the bottom it says photobucket. When I am on your blog it says the same thing. Where your signature normally is, it says it there also. I thought it just may be my computer so I went got on my husbands computer and it had the same thing. Then I looked on my moms blog and everything looked fine. Its weird, I deleted everything and then put it back on my blog and it still does the same thing. But if you see it fine on my blog that is all that matters!! I will give it a couple of days and see if it fixes it self. Not a big deal, could be just me. My husband is a computer genius and I am the furthest thing from that!!! Talk to ya later!!!
Steph
Hi, Thanks so much for the comment. You inspired me to update! I am reading. Just can't comment when reading via the phone. Here's my camera scoop: I had a sony and it was ok. The I got a Panasonic Lumix (bigger size). It was OK. I just got a Canon Rebel. (OK, it was $500 - well beyoned your price range -sorry!), but it does take great pictures. I can "point and shoot" with no blur. Check out www.abesofmaine.com They have good camera deals. (They are in New York, not Maine. I didn't know this when I first ordered from them!). They may not be too helpful over the phone, but if you do order from them they are usually the cheapest. Good luck, I have struggled with the camera thing and can relate!!
Post a Comment