Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Few of Those Days

Well, not much has been going on over here these last couple of days. I was going to post yesterday about it being one of those days, but that would have been wrong. It's been several of those days, to tell you the truth. It all started over the weekend when Alyssa started having a fever. On Sunday I really wanted to go to church, so my Hubby offered to stay at home with Alyssa so that Audrey and I could go together. I was glad that I went, and proud of myself that I didn't let the fact that we couldn't go as a family stop me from getting there. It was a service devoted to the children. We also sang both Kari Jobe songs that I really like, My Healer and Revelation Song. It's amazing to me just how much music can really just bless and speak to your soul.

Since my Hubby couldn't come to church, I was the only one that could hold Audrey during the service. During the praise and worship part of the service, my arm really started burning. I didn't want to sit down because I was really getting into the music. It has really taken me a long time to be comfortable lifting up my hands during worship service at church. I think a lot of it was because I always worried what other people would think about me. Lately I've found freedom in being able to worship the Lord the way He deserves. Well, while we were singing Revelation Song, I was getting so into it and not really giving Audrey any mind. After all, I was holding her and she was safe and sound. I had been closing my eyes and just singing to the Lord. At one point, I opened my eyes to find that she had BOTH of her hands on her ears! I guess it's safe to say that she really wasn't appreciating my joyful noise unto the Lord!

Anyhow...Alyssa had a fever for a couple of days and she's totally fine now. Just as soon as Alyssa got better, Audrey started in with a fever. The last couple of days have been a little rough. She's been waking up in the night and not sleeping well for her naps. We had been doing so good in the no boob department (sorry if that sounds crude) until this morning. When she woke up, she was pretty grouchy, again. The first thing she asked for was you know what and then shook her head like, yeah, that's what I want. I told her sorry, but it was all gone, and I did the baby sign for "all gone." I felt so bad when I saw the look on her face. She looked crushed. It's moments like that that I am feeling bad for weaning her, but again...I just felt it was time. Maybe not for her...but for me. I made this choice, so now I have to stick with it.

Well, I'd better get going for now as I've got a fussy girl who just wants her Mama today.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Audrey is precious! I love those cheeks. I hate that she's not feeling well. Its hard when the little ones are under the weather and just want their mommas, especially when u have other kiddos. Jacob, my 2 year old has been battling strep and allergies and Ella-Claire has an ear infection and her asthma has flared up. Praise Lord, Ben (5) is well! Loved the new glasses by the way! Hope the rest of your week is good.
~Carrie

He & Me + 3 said...

What a cute picture and too funny about her covering her ears. LOL Mine do the same thing.

Kristin said...

Awww.......poor baby! She looks so precious though!! I was laughing about her putting her hands on her ears. Ha! I was just noticing the giveaway at the top of your blog, so I'm off to check it out! :)

Hope you're having a good day!!

Unknown said...

It must be one of those weeks, we aren't feeling well here either. I am not sure what is worse, kids or men not feeling good :)

Chris said...

V-
You have a very important job....."Mom" Not many can have the job you have! You are blessed, and you have the right idea by praying and letting God lead your life! You have a wonderful family!

Stephanie said...

I tell ya as soon as one gets better the next gets sick..it never fails! I hope everyone is feeling better very soon!

Linda said...

Hi Veronica,...I prayed for you, and for baby Audrey to feel better soon.

I loved your love for the Lord,...and how you are growing in Him.

I am thankful that your husband was able to take care of Alyssa so that you could go on to church. He is thoughtful and kind to do that. And a good daddy!

I hope you all will be over the sickness soon, and things can get back to normal sweetie.

Love, Linda