Wow! It's Saturday already and to be honest, this week I pretty much let blogging take the back seat so that I could focus on a bunch of other things I had to get done. Just yesterday the girls and I went out to run a few errands which included going to the bank, buying dog food, and returning the camera I bought back in March. I don't know what my problem was, but I just couldn't figure out how to work the darn thing. Because I decided to return that camera, I was desperate to find another one that I liked better and fast, because being without a camera for even a day just feels too long!
It was on our way from Best Buy (where I found a new camera) to Target (to return the old camera) that I decided to give my Mother-In-Law a call. I had remembered that she had called Alyssa on Thursday to tell her that she wanted to come over to visit her and bring her some popcorn. She told Alyssa that she would come over on Friday, so it was Friday already and I just wanted to touch base with my MIL to see what time she'd be coming over. As I got the girls buckled in their car seats, I dialed the number for Alyssa and handed her my cell phone so that she could ask her Grandma when she was coming over. I proceeded to drive to Target when Alyssa started talking to her Grandma on the phone. My girl had me totally cracking up when I listened to the conversation she had with "Grandma S." This is the condensed version of it...
Hi Grandma...Are you still coming over today?
My mommy says to tell you that you can come over after nap time.
Can you come over after nap time?
You can? Okay.
What's my Mommy doing right now?
Oh, she's driving and she can't talk on her cell phone right now because she's driving and if a cop sees her she'll get a ticket.
But wait Grandma...I don't see any cops around right now...Here's my Mommy.
She proceeded to hand me the phone and by then I was laughing so hard! I guess it's safe to say she knows the law even at the age of three! Too funny!
On another note...I decided that this week would be the week I would work on some personal improvement. It has been a really long time since I've really done anything for me. I have a really bad habit of letting myself go, especially with my hair. Last week was actually the start of it all when I went back to the hairdresser (like I previously mentioned I'd be doing) to get my hair thinned out a bit. I also had her make the back a little shorter and leave the front parts that shape my face, a little longer. Then I had her color my hair just a simple auburn color, so my grays could get a little more under control. After it was all said and done, I felt a lot better about the way my hair looked. I couldn't even remember the last time I had colored my hair in a salon. I had been trying to color it myself at home for a while, but the grays just kept popping back up like crazy. Anyhow...I don't think anyone could really notice a change when I posted our anniversary picture, since the picture didn't show my hair all that well, but that's okay. I can tell a difference and that's really all that matters.
The second step on "Project New Me" as I'm referring to it, was to get some new glasses. It had been three years since I had even been to the eye doctor. I hadn't been back in a long time, since we no longer have eye insurance. I had been making excuses as to why we just couldn't afford it, but this week I decided to just bite the bullet and make an appointment at LensCrafters to get my eyes examined and get new glasses. After the eye exam, I was so excited when they told me that they could have my glasses ready the following afternoon. It took me forever to figure out which pair I liked best, but in the end, these are the ones I went with...

It's taken me the last two days to get used to this new prescription, but I am so glad that I went ahead and got these new glasses. It feels so good not having to worry about the only pair I had breaking. My eyes must have been getting really bad, because everything seems a bunch more clear with these new glasses. It is really amazing to me just what a difference something so minor as new glasses can do for a person.
The next thing on my list for self-improvement is going to the dentist. My appointment is on Monday and I can't wait for them to fix the staining on my two top front teeth. I guess that's what happens when you drink too many Diet Cokes:)
Well, I'm off to see what I can fix for dinner. I'm not feeling too motivated so I think we might be having something easy like chili dogs tonight:) Hope everyone has a great rest of their weekend.
P.S. Guess who finally started to start taking a few steps on her own this week? That's right, Miss Audrey Grace who is almost 15 month old btw, has finally decided that walking isn't so bad. Let the fun begin!!!
P.S.S. Say a little prayer for me...I've decided that I want to wean Audrey this weekend. She isn't as ready as I am, but I feel that it's something I need to do. We'll see what happens...
9 comments:
I love your hair, sorry for not noticing earlier, and I love your glasses! I am supposed to wear mine pretty much all the time, so I think if I had cool ones like yours, then I would. Yea for walking! Have a great rest of the weekend!
I love the new glasses. Very cute! Mine look almost like that. i only wear them at night though...contacts during the day.
Yea for walking...watch out everyone! :)
Good luck with the weening process. It can be hard when they are not yet ready.
I had to stop cold turkey with Stunt Man because of my cancer...neither of us was ready, but it had to be done. It was hard, but we survived. Thank God:) I will say a prayer.
I love your hair and glasses! I was in the same boat last year, My glasses were so bad I was gluing them! Then I went to the beach and I was in the water with Summer and I looked down into the water and plop my glasses went. So I had to go to one of the stores where you get your glasses in an hour because I'm blind as a bat LOL. For $150 I got two pairs including exam at eyemasters. I went to another place and they wanted $200 and I'd have to wait two weeks and that didn't include the exam.
Hey Veronica! I think your new glasses look great! And, your hair looks great too!! Your whole face just lights up and you look so happy! I wish I could come over right now and we could just hang out! LOL! I think it's definitely true that the best things we can do for our children is to take care of ourselves. When we feel good about ourselves, it all trickles down to every aspect of our lives.
I was cracking up at Alyssa's conversation on the phone! So cute!! Yay for Audrey wanting to walk now.....now you're going to get a workout from chasing after her. :) I will say a prayer about the weaning. Hope you're having a good weekend!
Talk to ya later,
Kristin
p.s. I was just saying a prayer for you, and I threw this in...."I'm still having faith that one day Veronica will decide that she needs to move to TX" LOL!!!!
love the glasses. i also am WAY behind and need to email you. don't worry i will. :0)
caitlyn didn't walk until 17 months. the other two girls were around 14 and a half. part of me hopes dustin will follow suit as well.
hope weaning goes well. i always weaned earlier because i was pregnant and exhausted! i've cut out one feeding for dustin, a few days before we miscarried, but left it out because it's nice to have daddy feed him and to get a 'break'. :0)
Love the glasses and cute hair. Looking good mommy (:
So excited for your new hair cut/color and new glasses! Both look great! My glasses are really similar to your's. :)
Hey - you've blogged about bows for your girls...I'm doing a giveaway for a 4th of July bow this week. Details on my blog.
Hey pretty Veronica,...love your sweet smiling face,...with the cute, shining hairdo and the new glasses. "You look MARVELOUS darling!" ((smile))
The phone conversation was hilarious. I laughed out loud! Kids are great aren't they? Sooo much fun.
Lots of new things going on in your life! I hope the weaning goes well,...and the walking too.
Litlle ones look so cute when they start to toddle around. You will really need that new camera to get all of the shots!
Love you,
Linda
Oooh! Those are some cute glasses. Love the haircut too!
Oh that story about your girl and her conversation with her grandma had me laughing!
Post a Comment