Alright...here's the second installment of 10 things about me. I've been meaning to get to this all day, but thanks to Kelly, I've been busy trying to fill a few new hat orders. Talk about a blessing. Thank you again, Kelly!!!
Kristin, this will be fun to see if we have any of these things in common!
1) 1998 was the year I graduated from high school and the same year I bought my first car. It was a teal (my favorite color to this day) 1989 Honda Accord. I would probably still have that old thing now had we not gotten into a car accident while driving it back in 2002. After the accident it never drove the same and my Hubby and I decided it would be best to sell it after months of letting it just sit in the driveway taking up space.
2) I mentioned this one last week, but I'll mention it here again. I am very indecisive. I struggle all the time with making even the littlest choices. I am seriously one of those people that, even if they've been to McDonald's a million times in their life, still labors to figure out what they want when it's their turn to order. I wish I wouldn't have such a hard time making decisions. It drives both me and my Hubby crazy!
3) I do not like driving in places I've never been. I am so fearful that I'll turn the wrong way or just get lost. It probably has a lot to do with the fact that I live in a small city where there's not much action. Besides that, when I was growing up, anytime we used to go on family trips, my Dad would do all of the driving. I guess I just grew up thinking that the man did all of the long distance driving. This is another thing that drives my Hubby crazy. I am such a small town girl, it's not even funny!
4) In my former life, I mean, back before I had my girls, I worked in retail for a major department store here in town. I first started working there the year I graduated, just as a part time thing while I went to community college. I started off in the Jewelry Department as a Sales Associate. I later moved to Handbags & Accessories, and then back to Jewelry. In the middle of all of that, I decided to take a break from school (turns out I never went back) and work full time. My last move was a promotion to Area Sales Manager of Jewelry, Handbags, Accessories, Dresses, Suits, Coats and Swimwear. I was a manager for almost two years by the time I left to be a SAHM. I officially quit my job in September of 2005, when Alyssa was three months old. By that time, I had put in seven years in Retail!
and last but not least...
5) I am still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grown up. For some reason I never did figure that out. Some days I get worried that I am getting older and still don't know what my calling is. I regret not getting a college degree when I was younger, but I know it's still not too late. Some have suggested that I should be a teacher, which I find to be funny. Another thing about me...I can be very impatient, and think it would be tough to be a teacher if you are not a patient person. In the meantime, I've got a little time until my girls get to be of school age to figure out what I want to do. I am praying that the Lord will lead me in the right direction!
Well, I guess that's it for today. I had fun sharing about me. You all know how much I love comments, so feel free to leave me one sharing something special about you!
6 comments:
LOVE IT, and I absolutely HATE driving places I don't know either!!! :)
That was fun!!!!! I have a hard time making decisions too :)
Hey Veronica, I loved the two posts! I am a diet coke fan too! And nursed all my babies until at least 1 year old. The hat came yesterday and I love it! Grace does too! Thank you so much!! I'll try to post a picture soon!!
LOL!! Once again, I am laughing because when I was in College, I worked at Foley's (now Macy's) in the purses and jewelry section! Can you believe that? Ha!! Before that, I worked at Target.
I am totally indecisive too....I know that's no surprise to you as we've gotten to know each other.
I am just like you about not knowing what I want to be when I grow up! LOL Same thing with me....everyone always suggests teacher, but it's just not my passion and I think teaching is something you really have to be passionate about because it's so important.
I think the Lord has big plans for you! I love getting to know more about you through these posts. It's so much fun!
I am impatient too, but was a very patient teacher. I taught for 6 years before I had children. I loved it and was very good at it...but cannot do both, so I chose to be a SAHM.
You are young...you have lots of time to decide.
I hate driving period, but REFUSE to drive in places I don't know! :)
I don't know what I want to be when I grow up either. Sounds like we have a lot in common! :)
Post a Comment