In spite of all of that, I thought it would be fun today to share just a few things about me. I realize that a couple of things I am going to list are things that some out there reading this may not agree with. Let me just preface this by saying that for most of my life I have spend so much time worrying about what other people think of me. I have come to realize that I really shouldn't let other people get to me and that I should be comfortable with whatever choices I make. I think its taken me all of my almost 30 years to get to the point where I am comfortable with the idea of not worrying what every one else thinks. I've decided to break this post into two parts before I put everyone to sleep!!!
So here goes...
1) I am passionate about breastfeeding. It's funny because when I was pregnant with Alyssa I really didn't give the whole thing much thought. I had decided that I would give it a try and if it worked out...great, if it didn't, oh well. When she was born, everything changed. I had such a hard time, but something in me wouldn't allow me to give up. I struggled for about a week until I went back to the hospital to get help. From that moment on, I decided that I wouldn't have it any other way. The time I've spent breastfeeding has given me a sense of pride in the fact that I set a goal for myself and achieved it. I am not super comfortable with the idea of extending breastfeeding ( I weaned Alyssa at one year old), but I realize that everyone has to make this choice for themselves. I do not know how much longer I will be nursing Audrey but I've decided to play it by ear. For anyone who is looking for a great resource for breastfeeding information, the book pictured below is a book I personally own and love.

2) I have been on two cruises. The first one was on my honeymoon in May 2002 and we went to Mexico. We had so much fun, but because I tend to be a little uptight, I didn't enjoy it as much as I should have. Looking back, I wish I would have taken the time to really enjoy it more, especially considering that back then we didn't have any children. The second cruise was in May 2007. We went to the Carribbean and by then, Alyssa was almost two. On that trip, we took my mom and Alyssa, of course, and we got to celebrate our five year wedding anniversary on the Carribbean Sea! If you have never been to the Carribbean, it should be one of the places on your travel wishlish. Everything they say about it is true...the warm turquoise blue water, the beautiful beaches. It was the most beautiful place I have ever been to. This is a picture from our trip. It was at a resort in either St. Thomas or St. Maarten Island.
3) I am addicted to Diet Coke. It get so bad that sometimes I actually crave it. There are times when I put myself on a soda fast and I am literally going crazy. My 2nd favorite beverage is a White Chocolate Mocha from Starbucks. Talk about heaven!!!

4) I love dangly earrings. Here are just a few of my favorites. As you can tell, I like earrings that have gems or crystals. You'll notice that in the picture, the last earring on stand is missing its partner. That pair of earrings used to be my favorite pair ever until I lost one of them. For some reason, I'm still hanging onto the one earring in the hopes that the other will turn up one day. The chances of that are pretty unlikely.

And lastly for today, anyway...
5) I have come the the scary realization that I am starting to go gray. I noticed it a couple of months after I had Audrey. A couple of gray hairs started popping up here and there. I know that this is dumb, but I started plucking them out when I saw a new one pop up. Well, in the last couple of months, it has gotten so bad where there were just too many to pluck out. I am in desperate need of getting my hair colored and I'm in total shock that this whole graying thing is happening this early. I have my Dad's gene's to thank for that one!!!
Well, I guess that's it for today. I will be back tomorrow with five more things about me. In the meantime, I would love to hear more about you guys. Does anyone else have anything fun to share about themselves? I'd love to hear about it!!!
P.S. Thanks to everyone for the comments in support of my new hat blog. I really appreciate it!
5 comments:
I have been gray forever. I have started recently getting my haircolor from the health food store and I love it!
Your earrings are very pretty!
ahhhh I love this post, I love learning new things about you :)
Now see....there are a few things we don't have in common! LOL
I didn't breastfeed b/c I tried with my first and it was a horrible experience, so I didn't even try with my other two. I've never been on a cruise either. I am addicted to Diet Cherry Coke. I don't really like dangly earrings. I tend to wear hoops and if I get a pair that I like, I tend to wear them every single day. I love the look of dangly earrings, but they bug me. I'm weird that way. I have a lot of pretty earrings, but I just don't switch them out very often. I love your earrings...they are all pretty!
Now, as for the gray hairs thing. That we do have in common! I swear I started going gray in my early 20's and now I have to color my hair every 5-6 weeks or you can really tell. They are all right above my bangs and it drives me crazy! LOL I think it's the kids that do it to you! LOL
I can't wait to hear more about you!
Love those earrings. I let my holes grow back so I've got to go get them redone...I got them done first when I was so small that I'm kinda scared now :( shhh don't tell anyone :)
I wanted to tell you when we were at the San Diego Zoo in February I saw a little girl with an adorable HARPER HAT it was just like the one you sent Harper. It was a chilly day and I am sure the little girl was warm in that fancy hat!
Post a Comment