Friday, March 20, 2009

NEWSFLASH...I'm not perfect

Today I woke up at 5:30 a.m. to the sound of Hubby saying, "Mommy, wake up." I opened my eyes to find Audrey in his arms wide awake. Hubby has been traveling for work this week and was getting ready to leave when he heard Audrey talking to herself in her crib. He decided to bring her to me in our room. I popped up out of bed immediately when he turned on the lamp. I scolded him for turning the lamp on because when the baby wakes up that early I always try to keep the lights low in the hopes that I might just be able to nurse her and put her right back down...at least until the sun comes up! I turned the lamp off and took Audrey back to her room. Thankfully, I was able to nurse her and put her back down. Some days it doesn't work out that way so I was relieved.

I decided to go about starting my day because I would be free to get a few things done without the girls right there to interrupt me. Besides that, Audrey had her 12 month check-up scheduled for this morning at 9:30...at least that's what I thought. I had looked at my agenda at the beginning of the week and that's when I remembered about the appointment. I decided to take another look at my agenda this morning, just to be sure that I had the right day and time. I have a habit of second guessing myself so I thought it would be helpful to double check the date/time. Well, it's a good thing I checked it because I totally goofed and realized that the appointment was actually scheduled for yesterday! I was so bummed! I had had my heart set on getting to see how much she weighed and seeing how she's grown since the last time I took her in. I also wanted to talk to her Nurse Practitioner about the little pimples she has had on her face for the past few months. The last time I took her in, they told me to apply Hydrocortisone 1% cream on her cheeks but that never seemed to change anything. Since the bumps don't really bother her, I hadn't really worried about it too much but I was really looking forward to seeing what the N.P. had to say about it all. Well, long story short...I called the Doctor's office and the earliest they can get in to see her is on April 3rd. That's in two weeks!!! Talk about a bummer.

Well, today was just one example of just a few of the things I've goofed on lately. Another reminder to myself that even though I'd like everything to in my life to be perfect, the reality is that mistakes happen. Today I'm reminding myself that it's okay not be perfect. Why is the need for everything in my life to be so perfect anyway?

On another note, I just wanted to mention that I will be reworking the prices on the hats that I make. From the beginning, my goal has always been to make a quality product that's affordable. With a little encouragement from a friend, I have decided that I need to make a few changes. I really would like to make sure that I am making something great, yet at the same time making it all worth while if it's going to take away part of the time I spend with my family. I hope that makes sense and that everyone out there understands. Thank you all so much for being there for me through this entire journey. You mean more to me than you know!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY YIPPIEEE. I was just checking in to let you know that I got my hat two days ago and LOVE It. And now I see that I won!! I am so excited. I love your stuff and you inspire me. I WILL learn to crochet! Thank you so much. My first ever blog win!

Anonymous said...

PS. Been there, done the missed appointment thing. None of us are perfect, but thank goodness Jesus is! Thanks again!

Angelica said...

Wow! I've had those days recently when the baby wakes up not once but twice and even three times. At 1am, 2am and then 530am. No wonder my thoughts make no sense!

On another note. Thank you for your comments! You are my first visitor and I am totally happy about it!

Second note: I'd like to order an earflap hat for my boy. Where can I reach you? email?

blessings!
angelica

Melissa said...

I received the little hats today and let me tell you I love them! I can't wait to have little ones of my own so I can purchase more and see them in these adorable hats. You are the best! Have a great weekend!

Melissa

Kristin said...

I remember those days when you hoped with everything that they wouldn't wake up too early! LOL!!

I know how hard it is to give up the notion that as Moms, we must be perfect in all areas! You are right though....it's okay to not be!

I think your precious hats are priceless and one of a kind!

Have a great weekend!

Sarah Mae said...

Hi Veronica, it's so nice to "meet" you! Your hats are beautiful - so cute! I will keep you in mind when I'm looking for the perfect, mom-made gift! :)