Good morning and Happy Thursday! Today I'm going to take a little break from talking about what's on my mind and talk a little bit about a small project I did last night for Audrey's Birthday Party. On Monday I realized that I only had about 2 1/2 weeks to go until the party and I hadn't done anything to start getting ready. This is not my usual style, so I decided to kick it in gear and get started this week. On Monday night I ordered the party supplies and decorations from a website that I usually order all my party stuff. What's really cool is that they offer free shipping for orders over $65 and the have super fast delivery of your order--3 days!!! I am hoping to get the package by tomorrow, so maybe I can share a little more about it then.
So, back to the project I was working on last night...When Alyssa turned one, I got this cool idea off of some party planning website (don't remember the name of the website) that was really neat. I am really big on making parties special by creating momentos and favors. I am not that creative, so I really liked how easy this project is. What it is is a matted photo frame that people can sign at the party. After everyone signs it, it can be framed and hung in the child's bedroom or wherever else you'd like it to go.
Here's what I used...
Matted photo frame...

Stickers...

And then all I did was use the letter stickers to spell out Happy 1st Birthday Audrey Grace. Then I added a few of the birthday present and confetti stickers.
Here's a close-up...

And this is what it looked like when I was done. I know is looks really bare, but obviously you want to leave room for people to be able to sign the board.

Of course the perfectionist in me wants to do it over. I love the present stickers but I am regretting using these particular letter stickers. They don't really match, but I know it doesn't have to be perfect. I don't know...I might end up getting another one if I have time...we'll see.
Well, for those of you who are more creative, I know you could probably make this look way cuter! There are so many things you can do, but I was kinda limited because the stickers I used were ones I found on clearance and I was trying to save a buck.
My next project is to make personalized favors for the party. I am trying to think of something fun to do, but I don't know what I'm going to do just yet.
On another note, I've still been trying to check out all of the Christian music suggestions that came my way. While listening to the radio, I've come to find that I really like Chris Tomlin's music. While I was at Walmart the other night, I found his newest C.D., called "Hello Love." It has the songs "Jesus Messiah," and "Rise." I think he's got such a great voice.
Well, gotta get going for now, I've got a ton of things on my plate today!
2 comments:
What a cute idea! It depresses me to think that Allie will be one in three months:(
Chris Tomlin...Good choice! Love the picture frames. I like anything that is personalized! Can't wait to see the favors!!
Post a Comment