It's so funny because with Alyssa I was so ready to be done nursing towards the end of the one year goal I had set for myself. I longed to go back to wearing regular bras and have my body belong to me again. She was also a really big baby and I didn't want people to judge me because I was still breast feeding this big girl! Because of all of those things, I weaned her when she wasn't completely ready...it was the actual day she turned one. Looking back, I still feel a little bad, but at the same time I know I didn't traumatize her either. This time around, things are a bit different. I am not in such a rush to make my baby grow up. I am trying to enjoy every single minute because I know I will be sad when she's grown. I have also come to appreciate the confidence that comes with parenting the second time around. I am not so concerned with what everybody else thinks about my parenting style and I am a ton more confident about the choices I make. I sometimes wish that I had felt this way when Alyssa was a baby, but I know it's all part of the journey of motherhood.
Well, on a completely different note...Did anyone see this picture on Kelly's blog yesterday?
Oh my goodness, I almost died. It totally made my day to see this beautiful little girl on the cover of a magazine wearing the hat I made for her. Who knew just a few weeks ago that this was going to happen? I am still trying to get over the fact that I have this whole new network of bloggin' friends who have come my way as a result of Kelly posting this picture on her blog.
Finding her blog has been life changing for me in so many ways. I am most thankful that the Lord put Kelly and Harper in my path to wake me up to remind me how much I needed him. This past month has changed my entire outlook on life and this time I want to make the change for good. It's made me realize how easy it is to live our lives comfortable, as Closet Christians. It's safe to not tell anyone that you believe in God or that your "saved." But that's what the devil wants us to do. And I don't know about you, but I have made up mind that things will be different. God has been so good and so faithful. I am still trying to get over how many wonderful people I have come in contact with since the day that Kelly posted this picture on her blog. I know she must be getting tired of hearing me say that, but I don't think I could ever thank her enough for the many ways she's blessed me-- people interesting in ordering hats, and especially all of the great people who I've come in contact with who have shared their lives and have been an encouragement to me. It couldn't have come at a better time!
GOD IS SO GOOD!!!
6 comments:
I saw her post last night and immediately noticed Harper's hat!! Yay for you!!!!! As far as nursing...girl you go with what you feel in your heart..that will always lead you in the right direction!
I saw the article and was like, YES! We love the hat too! Way to go! I do have one recipe really quick. I need to get to bed soon (and nurse Lila before I do!). This is a good Pennsylvania Dutch one and easy! Ham, potatoes and green beans. All you do it put each of the above in the crockpot. If I am short in time, I do half a day on high, if I have all day I do all day on low. I would guesstimate about equal parts of each. Cut up the ham, cut up the potatoes and add frozen green beans. You can't really go wrong with it. Add a little water. I hope to get some more to you later. I am so excited with what God is doing via your blog! (Which I usually read while nursing!!). I am glad you got to church on Sunday too! God is good. All the time. -Sue
Congrats to you! We love our hat and are very excited to see the new ones we just ordered. You are amazing girl, keep up the great work!
Amen!
I love all your little stories about life. Just wanted to let you know that get-out-of-the-house Park Day is tomorrow. Woohoo. 11:30am if you want to go and let the girls run free. Also we're doing a new workout stations on Wednesdays in the AM and I went today. I am so sore. Let me know if you want to come and see the sun.
Here are a few recipes that are favorites:
Leafy Greens Salad
Almonds:
1/2 cup sliced almonds
2 2/3 TBS sugar
Combine almonds and sugar in skillet. Cook over low heat stirring until sugar melts (This may take some time) and almonds are coated. Cool on wax paper and break into clusters when cool.
Dressing:
Mix in jar - 4 TBS vinegar, 4 TBS sugar, 2 TBS chopped parsley, 2 dashes of Tabasco sauce (I never use, but you can if you like), 1/2 cup oil.
Place 2 bags of store bought salad in bowl. Put 2 (11 oz.) cans of mandarin oranges (drained) over top, then the almonds and finally the dressing.
This is what's for supper tonight:
One Dish Chicken Supper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
10 3/4 oz. can cream of chicken or cream of celery or cream of mushroom soup
1/3 cup milk
1 pkg. Stove Top stuffing mix and seasoning packet
1 2/3 cups water
1. place chicken in crock pot
2. mix soup and milk. Pour over chicken
3. Combine stuffing mix, seasoning packet, and water. Spoon over chicken.
4. Cover, cook low 6-8 hours.
(I usually throw a veggie in there too. Even though my picky eater doesn't like it. We did Weight Watchers a few years ago and as a result I throw veggies in whenever I can.)
Ok, the girls are restless and I need to do a few things. I still have more recipes, which I will try to get on here. Sometime. I also hope to post of picture of Lila in her hat! Thanks for your comments. You are my only commentor! :)
Post a Comment