Friday, February 27, 2009

More Party Stuff and Another Shoutout to Texas

So I told myself this morning that I was going to take a break from crocheting, and so far so good. I really, really need to use my time wisely today...the to-do list is a mile long. Luckily, I've been able to check several things off the list already. And what's great is that today, both girls are taking their nap at the same time. Can someone say Hallelujah? Well, the race is on to get going on my other have to's of the day, but I wanted to talk really quickly about Audrey's party stuff. Just like I expected, the party decorations/supplies came via UPS yesterday during naptime. I was so excited because I wanted to see if I liked them as much in person as I did on the computer screen! When I opened the package I was happy to find everything to be exactly as I expected it to be. I ordered everything on Birthday Direct.com. I've used them for all of the parties I've thrown and have been very happy with everything I've ordered from them. I also like how everything on their website is discounted. Who doesn't like a good deal?

Here are a few of the things I ordered...




One of the things on my to-do list today is to fill out and then pass out the invitations. I can't believe this little girl's birthday is just two weeks away!!!

Well, I'd better get going...lots to get done today. It's gonna be a busy weekend...we have to go get our taxes done (yuck) and then we have a Birthday party to go to on Sunday. It's our nephew, Elias's 9th (well sort of--he's a leap year baby) Birthday, so that makes his actual birthday somewhere in between today and tomorrow!!! His party is at Chuck E. Cheese's. Let's see how Alyssa does...she's not a big fan of any character in costume!

Before I go, just wanted to say thanks to you Texas ladies who've been continuing to order hats...The girls and I mailed off four packages today and out of the four, three of them were going to Texas! Well, hope everyone has a great weekend. I know we will if the weather stays as nice as it is right now!!!

Oh, and a Big Thanks to Sue for sharing the recipes..I've got the crockpot going and tonight it's One Dish Chicken Supper!

P.S. Happy Birthday Elias!!!

4 comments:

The Pifer's said...

Oh goodness, I love those little hats that you make!!!! I must have one when I do conceive!!!! :)

Crystal said...

We Texan's love you and your hats!

Wonder if my hats were in the bunch?! If not, that's okay.. I know you are super busy with the party planning! Good Luck, everything looks great so far!

Kristin said...

Us Texas girls know style when we see it! LOL!!

Thanks so much for asking about my business earlier. I am having a problem focusing on what I want to make. I want to have something I'm known for (like you are known for your hats), so I'm really trying to put some thought into what I really enjoy making and what I think will be the best product to offer. When I made things for a local craft boutique, I just made a variety of things, but I think my online business really needs to have a niche and so I am in the thought process right now! (This could take awhile! LOL). I hope to get it going in the next few months. I'm excited about it, and I will definitely let you know as soon as it's up and running!

Crystal said...

Oh thank you! That was really fast.. you are so awesome!