Saturday, June 25, 2011

Going private

It's been a while again since posting, so I thought I would quickly pop in to say hi.  It's been a little over a week since moving out of our house and moving in temporarily with family.  Things have been going pretty well and we're in the home stretch now before we get to move into our own place again and I'm getting really excited!

While things have gone mostly well during the transition, I've taken another long break from blogging.  I've had so many things I've wanted to blog about over the last several days like Alyssa's last day of school, what life's been like living here...thoughts...but I just haven't posted anything.  Since I'm not super computer savvy, I've been having a hard time trying to figure out how to get an Internet connection to my laptop.  Because I can't get online using my laptop, I can't blog from my computer and can't use pictures I have on my computer for my posts.  I know several people who like to post minus pics, but that's not usually me.  I feel so boring without pics, so I've pretty much felt like there's no point lately with blogging.

During this last week or so, I've also been thinking about changing the way I blog when life gets back to normal and I can blog regularly again. I've even been thinking I might set my blog to private.  I know that's drastic but after sharing so much over the past couple of years, I really feel like it might be time to not have everything out there for all to see/read.  It was one of the hardest things to bare all about losing our house only to find that some people used that as a way to constantly be in our personal business, and not in a way I felt  was loving or helpful.  I realize I did that to myself by putting it all out there, so with going private, I can continue journaling for me, alongside documenting the things I don't want to forget.  I also had a conversation with a friend recently about children and protecting them all the creeps that lurk out there on the world wide web that really got me thinking.

I have loved making so many friends via this blog so my feelings about where to go from here with the blog are pretty torn.  I just thought I'd share that on here so in case one day soon, you come here to find me and I'm not available.  In the next few months here, I'm looking forward to starting fresh in so many areas and I just hope I can do some things that will be for the better. I need to work on being a better wife and mom and also being a better me.  I've let myself go again and I would love to set some priorities straight and use this new opportunity to start over to make some good changes!


9 comments:

Kristin said...

You know I totally understand about being torn on the blog being public/private. It was such a hard decision to change my blog, because I got caught up in how many followers I had and lost half of them in the switch. But, there definitely are some creepy and WAY TOO NOSY people out there! It's like they forget that we know they read our blog....like they think they're doing it in secret! Ugh!

It's always a hard thing to want to blog and get your feelings out, without everyone knowing too much. So, only you know what is the best decision for you, but I will be praying that you are able to make that decision and feel good about it.

Love ya!!

Linda said...

Follow your heart sweetie...and also God's prompting. I love keeping up with you and the girls...and I love praying for you all of the time.

Blogging has good things and bad things too. It is good to protect the kids...and I totally understand that. I have even had some wacko remarks on my comments sometimes...and that is creepy.

I know blessings are in front of you...as you walk with the Lord.

Love, Momma Linda

Maryellen said...

Good for you Veronica to use this new start for positive change in your family and yourself.

Nothing is wasted with God!

All things work together for our good.

Keep moving forward . . . you already are a great Mom and wife . . .

Holly said...

I understand being torn about your blog. I have thought about going private before too but instead I started watermarking my photos. And I am careful about what I post. I'm sure you'll come to a decision that you think is best.

Ludicrous Mama said...

You can also make 2 blogs. A private one that's more personal, geared more towards what's happening with the family, and another that focuses on your "art" - cooking!

Ashia said...

i have been a horrible blog friend! i am so sorry i haven't been more on top of reading and commenting. but know that i DO think of you and the girls often! i'm so sorry and sad to hear that you have had a painful reaction to your house/personal life situations. people can be so cruel. :( i understand that you want to have privacy! especially for your girls! no one can blame you for that! i will keep up with you on facebook! :) hope you guys have a great week! xoxo!

Rosie said...

Hey Ver,
I've been in somewhat the same boat as you. I'm really torn about blogging lately b/c from being so busy, I've had time to reflect on what I get out of blogging. I LOVE all the new people I've became friends with. I even got to meet 2 of them this weekend. But there's just something that is making me feel like I'm letting the world know entirely too much about me. I've become much more protective about posting about my son. And without pictures, who wants to read a boring blog? I've also realized that posting about my SIL could hurt her feelings, so I've got nothing else to talk about!
I think you should do what is best for you. I love hearing about what is going on, and continue to pray that you are very close to the end of this long road you've had to be on. I know from fb, that things are going well & I'm so glad to hear that!

Sarah said...

I've been so crazy-busy lately, too, but not moving, which is a HUGE thing that takes so much time! After we moved 3 yrs. ago, I said that I didn't want to move ever again! :)

I have two blogs. My public one, which I do not include a lot of personal info or names, etc. on and my private one, which is much more of my daily-life journal. I like having both. The private is the one I focus most of my attention on and blog on the most. The public is a nice way to "meet" some people (like you!) without worrying so much about stalkers. That said, if you want access to my private blog - lmk! :) Just know that I haven't updated much in the last month because of the dumb computer, which still isn't fixed after the malware/virus. Hopefully this week! It means my blog reading and writing hasn't been happening too regularly in the last month. Which has kind of been a good thing, too!

Hugs to you!. :)

Unknown said...

Glad to hear from you! Hope you are adjusting and settling in soon!!