If you've come to this blog in the last day or so, you'll have noticed some big changes. Possibly even changes that made you go "Whoa...this does not look like The Veronica Blog I remember from like two days ago!" Rest assured, you're in the right place.
After my last post, and some thinking, I decided to officially made some changes to this blog that I'm actually really happy about! Like I shared on my last post, I really felt it was time to make some changes to this blog and not continue sharing all my deepest thoughts and family stuff on here. I was beginning to feel uncomfortable with what all I'd shared and I got to originally thinking that going private with the blog was the answer. After more thought and suggestions from a couple of friends, I've decided not to go private with this blog but rather turn it into a place where I can post more of the "fun" stuff that I've always shared...things I think others might want to know/read about...giveaways...my baking adventures...stuff like that.
With all my family/personal posts...I'm working on transferring those over onto another private blog for close friends and family. I hope this change is something that will be fun for those who like to read the "fun" stuff they usually find here on this blog and that you'll continue following along. I've always hated how it's easy to get caught up in "numbers" as it pertains to blogging, but I'm only human and I have to admit, I've already seen those numbers change. Just since I last posted about going private, I've lost a couple of followers. Maybe some felt my post was rude or I was trying to walk away from friendships I've made here and just go off and pretend like I didn't care anymore. If that was the case, please just know, that wasn't the intention. I just know that I had to do what was best for me and this is the decision that I came to that just felt right.
Well, this will probably be my last "serious" post on here, *hopefully* since I plan on adding more recipes and fun things I do for parties and more cupcake stuff on here when I get the chance. I'm on the verge of another move and it'll probably be a while before the dust settles and I have time to get to all my "fun" stuff again!
P.S. To close friends and family that may be reading this...I'm still working on my new blog "home." If you want to continue following along with me there...please let me know so I don't forget to include you! Thanks so much. :)
15 comments:
Sounds fun to me!! :) I love this blue background.....I love doodle-looking stuff! So cute!! Love ya lots!
You know I won't EVER quit following you! I totally know what you mean too about putting personal information; and if you feel more comfortable posting it on your private blog, we all respect that (or most of us anyway).
If you ever tried to delete this blog or leave us in the dark, I would have a few words with ya girly. Kidding. Sort of. ;)
And by the way - I STILL have that sand from California that you sent me a couple years ago! Sometimes I open up the lid just to smell the sand. Ha! ^_^
I would love to follow your new blog too! I'm anxious to see what you come up with here. I'd love to see some more of your cute crochet projects! (After you get all settled in to the new place...)
Totally respect and understand your decision. 100% support from here! :)
P.S. This new blog design is super cute!
You have to make decisions that are right for you. It's hard to put yourself all out there like that - I'm struggling myself in different, but similar ways. I owe you an email. xoxo
Yes, please invite me to your new blog when it goes private. I need to know things so I can pray for you and the family. (:>)
This blog here will be fun, and I will like it too.
Mommas need to be informed!
Love you,
Momma Linda
Sounds exciting and I understand. I treasure your friendship. You have a wonderful family too.
I love the new look and theme of this blog :) I would also like to be included in the other blog if you want me there :) Love ya!
I have struggled with the same thing since family members found my blog last year. I didn't make it private but I am finding that I am not as honest about what is going on with my life because I don't want them to have that information.
I completely support your decision and I really hope that helps you feel comfortable. I always look forward to reading your posts.
Hugs,
Trisha
Love the new look! You have my support in whatever you do! So glad we have become "friends!" I am just now getting back to blogging myself after an unexpected 2 month break!
Cute Cute Cute design! I'm glad to see you're sticking around. You're really been on my heart, and I'm sorry I've not reached out to you before now. I hope you're doing well! Miss our chats, friend!
Sounds like a PERFECT solution to me!!! I know the feeling, I try to keep the personal stuff off of the blog, since I live in a small town, I don't need everyone knowing my business! So glad you are sticking it out....love your posts!!!!
love your new look! so cute! the blue is so fresh and pretty :) good luck with your blog changes!
I'm glad you found something you are comfortable with!!
Post a Comment