Over the past few weeks, I've been excited about some new things I've either found and/or that have been shared with me through the blog world: new books and blogs I hadn't read before that have been helping to encourage me and get me through this next season of my life. Today I thought it would be neat to share a little list of just a few things that have really inspired me lately!
#1--Ann Voskamp's book, One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are.
I mentioned the other day that I had started reading this book. It's been about two weeks since I started, and I'm only on chapter four (I've been reading just a little here and there) and already it's touched me so much! It's challenged me to see life through different eyes, taking joy in all the moments of my life. In the book, Ann shares how she was challenged by a friend to list one thousand things that she was thankful for and explains the change that took place inside of her when she started being thankful for even the littlest of things. I've really been enjoying the vlogs from the Bloom Book Club too, where you can see Ann share more of her heart on the book.
#2--Ann Voskamp's blog, A Holy Experience.
Before reading her book, I'd never been to Ann's blog. I decided to go and check it out and let me tell you...when you go there...you need a good chunk of time just to sit and check out everything. Some of the things she shares aren't really things I can relate to...for example, she homeschools and she lives on a farm, but I just love her heart and her way with words. I started following her blog just last week and have really enjoyed her posts on how to cultivate your marriage. I loved this post on how to "Fall in Love Again Four Minutes a Day." To me, marriage is something that's a challenge but one well worth it. This time in my life...growing three little ones...it's a time that's so vital. I want to get past this stage not feeling like we just survived but that we truly loved and enjoyed each other.
#3--Lysa TerKeurst's blog
I learned about Lysa's blog through Kristin one day when she had forwarded me one of Lysa's posts. I'm so glad she shared Lysa with me because I have been loving her blog so much. Her writing style is so casual and real and reading her blog is like sitting there with a close friend, sharing hearts. Nearly every post, I walk away feeling like there was a little nugget of encouragement in there just for me. Lysa is also the founder of Proverbs 31 Ministries and an author. Her book, Made to Crave: Satisfying Your Deepest Desire with God, Not Food is next on my list. I've been dealing with issues with my weight again and feel like I need to finally start making some real changes again, and I've heard some amazing things about this book!
Well, I think that's it for my list for today! Thanks to everyone who's entered into my Blogiverary giveaway from the other day and If you haven't entered yet, you still have one more day! Just go here to check it out! :)
5 comments:
I'm only on chapter three...I'm just trying to take it all in and really let her words sink into my heart, because God is using them to speak some beautiful truths that I so desperately needed to hear. And Lysa's blog is a new one I just discovered too. I really want to read her book too.
Those are all things that have inspired me too :) I just love Lysa's blog too and I am in the beginning of her book, but it's really great so far. It's just like her blog, so fun and easy to read. I love how down to earth she is. I think it will really help us to look at weight loss differently. I still need to catch up on the vlog for Ann's book. I think it's one I'm going to set aside for awhile and then watch the vlogs as I read when I have more time. I was trying to do Kelly's study on Lies Women Believe but I just don't have time and this Lysa book is holding my attention the most right now because it's so fun to read so far.
I LOVE when you wrote:
"I want to get past this stage not feeling like we just survived but that we truly loved and enjoyed each other."
Now that is powerful!!!!
I need to start Ann's book. I LOVE her blog and know that her book will be incredible to read.
You have just inspired me. Thank you for this post.
Hugs,
Trisha
Post a Comment