Saturday, February 5, 2011

Progresso Soup Review and Giveaway

Note:  This giveaway is now closed!  Thanks to all who entered!

It's been a long while since I've done a review and giveaway, and I'm way past due to post this next one from MyBlogSpark!

Many of the people who read my blog are from areas that are experiencing super cold temps, so now's the perfect time to talk about soup! I love Progresso soup so last month when MyBlogSpark gave me the opportunity to sample some soup, I hopped right on it!


Progresso has several varieties of soups and I was sent two cans from two different lines of their soup varieties to try out. 

The first flavor I sampled, called Chicken Tortilla, is a flavor that comes from a new line of New World Recipe soups.  Here's a little more info on this particular line according to MyBlogSpark...

Progresso® New World Recipes™ – Inspired by Mexican recipes, explore one of the fastest growing ethnic cuisines by giving the Progresso New World Recipes line a try. Made with authentic Mexican ingredients and seasonings, four new Progresso soups will be hitting grocery shelves near you - Chicken Tortilla, Meatball & Rice, Black Bean Jalapeno and Chicken & Vegetable.

I decided to sample the soup for lunch one chilly day last month and it totally hit the spot! It had a hint of spicy and it was very tasty! I even put a few tortilla chips on top and a little dollop of sour cream and it made it even yummier!

The other flavor they sent me was part of their Light soup line.  Here's a little more info on that again, courtesy of MyBlogSpark...

Progresso Light - America’s number one Light soup just got better, as all 13 existing Progresso Light varieties are now packed with bigger pieces of white meat chicken, more tender pieces of beef or added vegetables. Need even more to talk about? Progresso Light New England Clam Chowder is the first creamy Light ready-to-serve soup that holds true to the Progresso Light name with just 1 Weight Watchers® POINTS® value per serving!

With this particular flavor, I'm just gonna be honest and say it tasted way too "diet" to me. It was pretty watery and had almost no flavor. I'm not exactly a fan of diet anything really so of the two flavors of soups I was sent, this was definitely my least favorite. 

If you're a fan of Progresso and would like to win the same prize package I was sent, which includes VIP coupons for two cans of Progresso coup, a spoon rest, a soup can rack and a soup mug with a matching spoon here's what you can do:


*Tell me which flavor of Progresso soup is your favorite.

For Additional entries...

*Follow my blog using Google Friend Connect.

*Blog, Facebook and/or Tweet this giveaway.

For every item you do, be sure to leave a separate comment so that I can use Random.org to select the winner!

I'll leave the giveaway open until Thursday, February 10th, at 11:59 p.m. PST and I'll announce the winner sometime on Friday the 11th.

Happy entering and also for more information about the new and improved varieties of Progresso soups as well as great recipe ideas, visit www.progressosoup.com today! Also, check out Progresso on Facebook to “Like” the brand and keep up with the latest news on your favorite Progresso products, both new and old!

Disclosure: I was provided a prize package for me and one winner, and the information for this post from Progresso through MyBlogSpark! Thanks so much to Progresso for the fun package!

24 comments:

Lindy said...

I tried the Beef Pot Roast a few weeks ago and it was pretty good! Anything mexican sounds yummy though.

Lindy said...

I follow ya.

Sarah @ Preaching In Pumps said...

I tried a vegetable medley the other day and it was awesome! Although I really want to try that tortilla one. :)

Sarah @ Preaching In Pumps said...

And tweeeeeeet! http://twitter.com/#!/MrsSarahWeaver/status/34311307922505729

Joanna said...

My favorite is good ole chicken noodle- something about it feels like home! :)

Joanna said...

And I follow! :)

Anonymous said...

Publicly following It's "A" Sweet Life with Google Friend Connect [Cheryl F. {The Lucky Ladybug}]
theluckyladybug[at]gmail[dot]com

Anonymous said...

Blogged about the giveaway
theluckyladybug[at]gmail[dot]com

Lesley Mitchell said...

Minestrone ...
lesleymitchell52@yahoo.com

Lesley Mitchell said...

GFC follower ...
lesleymitchell52@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Chicken noodle is our family's favorite!
rosanova_family@comcast.net

Anonymous said...

We follow your blog via Google
rosanova_family@comcast.net

Anonymous said...

And we tweeted

http://twitter.com/#!/rosanovafamily/status/35388753216278528

rosanova_family@comcast.net

tristatecruisers said...

I like the Light Chicken Noodle :)

marci h
tristatecruisers at yahoo dot com

tristatecruisers said...

follow via GFC :)

marci h
tristatecruisers at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

I like the low sodium tomato.
frugalhappy@yahoo.com

Deb K said...

Potato Broccoli & Cheese Chowder is my favorite!

deb55106{at}gmail{dot}com

Deb K said...

I follow you with GFC~Deb K

deb55106{at}gmail{dot}com

Deb K said...

Tweet!~

http://twitter.com/#!/Deb55106/status/35589937629900800

deb55106{at}gmail{dot}com

Veronica Leon said...

My favorite soup is chicken noodle vero-lc2010@hotmail.com

Veronica Leon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Veronica Leon said...

gfc follower vero-lc2010@hotmail.com

Maricruz Uribe said...

My favorite is Hearty chicken rotini mary-cruz89@hotmail.com

Maricruz Uribe said...

I am a gfc follower mary-cruz89@hotmail.com