Friday, July 9, 2010

The week I must have said the word "pottty" at least a zillion times...and a winner!

Well, I hadn't talked about it at all here on the blog, but this week, I decided to work on getting Audrey potty trained!  She turned two back in March and she's been talking so much more lately that I felt that it would be a good time to take the leap! I decided to start on Tuesday after our long weekend when I knew we'd be home a lot. 

Audrey's actually been using the potty for a while now and is really good at telling me when she needs to go number two.  I hoped this week would go smoothely and guess what? 

It totally did!


We've spent a ton of time in the bathroom this week and I cannot tell you how many times I've uttered the phrase "Do you need to go potty?"

She caught on so quickly and it's pretty much safe to say that we're on our way!  She only had like four accidents all week and she's wearing her big girl undies full-time during the day now!  I am SO excited at the thought that I now only have one child in diapers.  Woo hoo!

So that's pretty much my big news of the week!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Also...since a few of you might be wondering who won my giveaway from this week, here's more on that...

It's been a really long while since I've announced a winner with a video, so I figured what the heck, let's do it that way this time.  With two sisters who fight to do the same thing, it took about four takes to just get to the part where we picked a winner without screaming involved.  Welcome to my world! :)   Here is the result...

                          
Walmart giftcard winner from Veronica on Vimeo.

Congrats to the winner and please feel free to email me by clicking on the "Contact Me" link above!  Thanks!

P.S.  So sorry it took me all day to get this posted!  Thanks to everyone who entered and I hope you have a great weekend! :)

17 comments:

Kristin said...

Go Audrey!! That's great that she's doing so well!!! Congrats to the winner of the gift card too. That was a cute video!!

Lindy said...

Great video. So neat to hear your voices!

Caroline said...

Yay for the potty training !!! Congrats to the winner too.

Caroline

Stephanie said...

Whoo Hoo Audrey!!!!! I hear that girls are sooo much easier than boys to train - I hope Allie will be that easy because Caleb still has issues with it!

Megan said...

Congrats to the winner! Yay!

Blessings,
Maggie
www.foreverfindingmybliss.blogspot.com

He & Me + 3 said...

Yeah Audrey on the Potty. That is so awesome and congrats to the winner. Super cute video.

Anna Gray said...

Whoo hoo for Audrey using the potty!!! I use that phrase A LOT whenever I babysit extremely young kids (sometimes even older kids...LOL!).

Congrats to the winner!

Oh, and by the way, can I just say I love your accent?!

I don't know why, but I have this thing for peoples accents...LOL! =)

Daddy's Dream ~Mommy's Miracle said...

SWEET...I HAVE NEVER WON ANYTHING!!!

Jenilee said...

oh yes, potty is the best word and used lots and lots around here! i was telling the girls at church to "go potty" before the service started and looked at me like, "potty? are we 3?" I said sorry. I'm a mom. that's what I say. lol it was funny. and your daughters are too cute in that video!

September said...

Veronica-- I just love stopping by your blog-- and today was no different.,..
Every day life of a mommy... potty training... Congrats to you!
What a releif it will be for you..
I have to start that again soon with the next little one here!
Keep looking up blogging friend!
September

Rosie said...

Yay congratulations Mommy! That's huge!

Hyacynth said...

Stopping over for the first time! Yay. I love your space. :) And your girls are so cute.

I see that you have a small business, so I wanted to tell you that Maegan over at Life Set to Words is giving away a free month of advertising space for her blogging open house. :) http://madelinebea.com/blog/2010/07/open-house-giveaway-day-3/

Also see you're a babywearer! Me too. :) I'm currently loving wrapping 10 month old E in a Didymos Hemp wrap. Oh so snuggly!

HappyascanB said...

Step back, Vanna White! She was so cute drawing the name! So fun!

Unknown said...

That video is adorable!!! I love seeing your girls in their element. I am glad all is well with you and your family. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Mindy

Holly said...

Congrats to the winner!!! And way to go Audrey!! We're still not there yet but better off than a couple months ago.

Lacey said...

Loved the video..those girls are SO cute!! :)

Stacy@hiswaynotmine said...

Always a big milestone....that potty!! Way to go. Here's to continued success. :)