Thursday, July 15, 2010

Lawry's "Flavor Forecast" Review and Giveaway

{Please Note}:  This giveaway is now closed!

I'm back again with another review and giveaway today!  I've been meaning to post this one for a while now, so I figured better late than never!
---------------------------------------------

It's the middle of July and it finally feels like summertime around here!  I was recently sent a neat "Get Grilling Kit" from Lawry's through MyBlogSpark that I've been anxious to use.  The weather was finally nice over this past weekend (yeah, I realize it's already Thursday...my week's been full with VBS and a ton of running around this week), so my Hubby and I decided to fire up the BBQ pit and put our new kit to use!

The "Get Grilling Kit" I received included two new Lawry´s marinades including Tuscan Sun-Dried Tomato and Szechuan Sweet & Sour BBQ,  plus some seasoned salt, a set of skewers and an awesome Pyrex marinating dish!

Since the kit included a set of skewers, I decided to make some kabobs.  I hadn't made kabobs in a long time so I decided to use some pork tenderloin and test out the Szechuan Sweet & Sour BBQ flavored marinade first.  On the bottle of each of the marinades, it says it only takes 30 minutes to marinade the meat and I really liked that!  Oftentimes I don't plan too far ahead with meals and it was very convenient to have to only marinade the meat for a short period of time and get the meal cooked and served up to my family quick!

It worked out well that I was able to chop my veggies for the skewers in the time it took to marinade the meat.  When the 30 minutes was up, I put the skewers together and sent them off to my Hubby to BBQ them!  I  totally wish I would have taken a picture of the kabobs when they were all assembled because they looked awesome!  By the time I thought of it, they had already been cooked and got to looking all shriveled up like kabobs do when they've been cooked!

The end result turned out awesome!  Both my Hubby and I thought they tasted so good and we both agreed we'd totally make them again and just the same way with the same exact marinade.  They were delicious!

I've since been to the grocery store and picked up a couple of other marinades to try out considering I found some on sale and the price for each of them was super reasonable, somewhere under $2.00 per bottle!

So, how would you like to win a "Get Grilling Kit of your own?


Entering in is easy!  All you have to do is leave me a comment here on this post sharing a favorite grilling tip of yours!  If you follow my blog using Google Friends Connect, leave me another comment telling me you do and you'll get entered for another chance to win!

I'll leave this giveaway open until Sunday, July 18th at 11:59 p.m. PST and I'll announce the winner on Monday's post along with the winner of my Glowing Mama giveaway.  (If you haven't yet entered into that one, you can go here to do so)!

Thanks so much for entering and I hope you're all enjoying some good weather where ever you are!  It's been beautiful here!!!

P.S. For more recipes and Lawry´s marinades that complement the flavor pairings visit the Grilling Flavor Forecast website here!

Disclosure:  As mentioned above, Lawry´s provided me with the free product, information, and gift pack through MyBlogSpark.  Thanks, Lawry's!

15 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

No grilling tips because hubs grills and not very good. I mean so deliciously. LOL My brother is the grill master.

He & Me + 3 said...

I follow your blog

HappyascanB said...

You are a giveaway machine lately! We love to grill, and lately we like to throw corn on the cob on the grill with our meat. YUM!

Trisha Larson said...

Since I can't really enter the Glowing Mama giveaway (wish that I could), I am excited to enter this one!!!

I love grilled food. I usually grill fish and chicken by putting it in a large ziplock the day before with lemon pepper marinade. I always make 2x as much as I need so that I can use the left overs to make tacos or chicken salad the next day. That way I get 2 meals for the work of one!!!

Hugs,
Trisha

Trisha Larson said...

I am a devoted follower too!!!

Hugs,
Trisha

Rosie said...

You know I'm a follower ;)

Rosie said...

ok, omg! first of all, i love lawry's. you can ask anyone. lol. i use it with garlic powder and pepper on Everything!! I didnt know about the new marinades! I will def check them out, but will wait to see if I;m a winner first :) Great giveaway!

Daddy's Dream ~Mommy's Miracle said...

We are not very good grillers..but I love a slow cooking pork loin on the grill. I also love the Lawry's seasonings.

Daddy's Dream ~Mommy's Miracle said...

I am a follower!!!

Lindy said...

I am a follower!

Lindy said...

I have started to love grilling myself! No more does hubby run out and start the fire. My most favorite is plain old hamburgers. I have found setting them out a few minutes before I grill helps them not to stick and also, I brush evoo on each side before I put it on the grill! Oh, I want to grill right now...

Steph said...

I follow your blog

Steph said...

I LOVE Lawry's seasoning!!! My favorite grilling tips is, well I don't have tips, but I love grilling veggies on the grill and really love sprinkling Lawry's on the veggie's!

Kristin said...

That sounded yummy what you made!!! I don't even know how to turn our grill on. Ha! I leave that up to Morgan :D

The Van Ordens said...

I would love to win this. We grill all the time! My favorite tip is about keeping the drip tray clean - line with foil then put the tray back in, discard when the yucky stuff builds up enough. Throw away the foil and the clean-up is done!