To those who know me, it's no secret that I'm a pretty simple kinda girl. I don't do much as far as makeup is concerned and thankfully I have a Hubby who loves to see me with as little makeup as possible. I usually keep things pretty simple when wearing make up and up until about a week or so ago, I couldn't even remember how long it had been since I'd even put on any eyeliner!
A few weeks ago, I was excited to be given the chance through MyBlogSpark and Cover Girl to become a "Make-Up Master" and try out Cover Girl's new line of Smoky Eye kits!
When the package came I was really excited to open it up and find these three different kits...
plus this neat director's chair!
It was fun trying out the kits, which are designed to give you a quick smoky eye look in just three easy steps.
Each kit comes with a CoverGirl SmokyShadowBlast eyeshadow stick, LineExact Liquid Liner, and LashBlast Volume-Blasting Mascara. The three kits sent to me were for these three different looks called Natural, Glamorous, and Bold.
I first decided to try out the Natural look since that's the one would tend to use most. The makeup was super easy to apply and here's what I ended up coming up with. Try not to make fun of me taking my own picture here. It was just me and the girls here that day! :)
The package I received also came with quick tips on how to apply the makeup to create the smoky look. As I mentioned earlier, I'm not a makeup goddess or anything, so I just did the best I could to create the look as mentioned on the instructions. The shadow itself is a cream based shadow on a stick and it's two sided. One side is rounded with a base color and the other side has a tip like you'd find on a lipstick that has the contrasting darker shade. When applied, I liked the overall look, but felt the shadow was a bit greasy. On the upside, I LOVED both the liquid eyeliner and volumizing mascara!
After applying my makeup, I went about my day as usual and checked back later to see how the makeup lasted throughout the day. I was a bit bummed to find that the shadow tended to kinda fade in the crease while the rest stayed mostly intact. I'm thinking this happened due to the fact that it's a cream based shadow.
All in all, I loved the idea of these kits. I also had fun trying out the Bold look which had a blueish eyeshadow and blue eyeliner too! I'd never tried blue eyeliner before and found it to be very pretty on! I look forward to trying out the Glamorous look when I get the chance to go on a date night some time in the future with my Hubby! I can't wait!
So...how would one of you like the chance to win a gift card from here...
so that you can try out one of these Cover Girl Smoky eye kits out for yourself?
If you'd like to be entered in to win the $20 gift card to Walmart, all you have to do is go HERE and tell me which of the Smoky Eye kits you'd like to try! {This is a mandatory entry}!
If you'd like another chance to win, you can also...
~Follow my blog using Google Friends Connect. If you already follow, just leave me a comment telling me you do!
And just as a reminder, if you're someone reading this on FB and don't have a blog, you can also enter in too! Just click on the part below this post that says "Sweet Comments" and type your comment and just select "Anonymous" for the idendity part. Be sure to leave your name within the body of the comment so that I know who it is that entered!
And that's it guys! I had fun reviewing this product and just want to say thanks to Cover Girl for providing me with the Smoky Eye kit, information, and Walmart gift card to give away through MyBlogSpark!
This giveaway will close on Friday, July 9th at 12:00 noon PST and I'll announce the winner sometime Friday afternoon. Thanks so much and happy entering!



.jpg)

19 comments:
I think I'd go with the natural look. I do wear makeup everyday but I'm not one to overdo - very natural.
Love your look - it looks great!
I'm also a follower :)
I am a follower, and I like the natural look!
Your eyes were beautiful! I would definitely like the natural look' too.
I follow you' too!
Since I am not big on makeup either...I would have to go with the natural look. I love Drew Barrymore. She is such a cutie.
I follow along. I love your new profile picture.
Natural all the way for me!
You look so cute in those photos! LOVE the chair!
That looks really pretty, Veronica! You did a great job. I would definitely choose the natural one too. I tried some cream eye shadow for the girls for recital too and I found it ended up in the creases too. :(
I follow your blog, of course! :D
I would like either the natural for an every day sort of look or the glamorous for a night out on the town- why not?!?
I am all about the GLAM but I'm not entirely sure I would have any competency at all when it comes to applying it, ha!
What a great giveaway! I would try the Natural Look. That's me to a "T"! ;-)
I would def try the natural one! I like that one the best!
Oh and BTW I did get the clips you sent but keep forgetting to tell you I got them (pregnancy brain). Thank you!! Love em and they're so cute!
I follow you!
what a great giveaway!! I would definitely try the natural look... more my style! :P
and I am a follower! :)
I love the Natural look one. Looks so pretty! I so need something new for my eyes!
Post a Comment