Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Fun, a Winner and a Gala!

UPDATE TO THIS POST:   I totally thought I had posted about my friend Amanda's Giveaway Gala earlier today but I guess I was wrong.  You can scroll down to the bottom of this post for more details!!!
-----------------------------------

I am SUPER behind in posting today since I had lots going on this morning, but I'm finally home and wanted to get to posting before this day is over.  Seems like time is flying by so fast lately!  I have lots to talk about  today, so sorry if I skip around a bunch!

This morning I woke up with cramps and contractions and I got to thinking about if today might be "the day."  I got us girls ready and headed out to take the girls to Grandma's so they could hang out with her while I went to my Dr's appointment.  The cramps kept coming until I got to the doctor's office and then stopped!  It was kind of a relief because as much as I'd like to meet my girl right about now, I just kept thinking that it would be nice to have a little more time to get caught up on laundry, make a few meals to freeze and do other things like clear out my camera's memory card! :)

While at my appointment, all went well.  All the treats are finally catching up with me because in just the last week, I gained three pounds!!!  I guess that makes up for the pound and a half I lost the week before!  I also got to see Alivia on ultrasound just for a quick bit so they could make sure the fluid levels looked okay, which they did!

Switching gears a bit...our Easter weekend was pretty low key.  On Saturday, the girls had a fun time coloring eggs with my sister and my niece.


On Saturday night, I got to making these super fun bunny cupcakes.  For some reason it made more sense to me at the time to make cupcakes instead of the bunny cake I originally wanted to make.  They turned out okay, but goodness gracious, they took forever to do.  I even told my Hubby that the next time I talk about wanting to do something this involved, please knock some sense into me!


I also decided to make the Spring Pizza on Sunday afternoon too!  This ended up being super fast and easy and it tasted yummy!

After the girls woke up from nap on Sunday, we went over to our neighbor's house and our kids did an egg hunt together in their back yard.  They had a lot of fun and ended up coming home with a humongous bag of candy!





And...since I promised I'd announce the winner of my giveaway from last week....I'd better get to that too!

Congrats to Steph from The Houston House!

Please email me within the next 24 hours to acknowledge that you've won and I'll get your info forwarded to MyBlogSpark!


And last but not least, I just wanted to mention that my super sweet bloggy friend Amanda is hosting an entire week of giveaways on her blog.  Today's giveaway is a super cute monogrammed beach towel and pair of flip flops!  Be sure to get on over to her blog to say hi and get entered to win!

Just click on the button below to take you to Amanda's blog!

giving gala


Well, that is finally it for today!  My hubby finally had time to paint the baby's room today and I am SUPER excited to have the room completed!!!

16 comments:

Julie said...

You're SO funny! My SIL is SO ready to have her baby & you want to keep yours in!!

Love the desserts...they look yummy! How do you make the spring pizza?

Holly said...

I guess Alivia wants to wait a little longer! :)

The bunny cupcakes are supercute and it looks like they took a while to make! I'm sure it was tiring! That fruit pizze looks so yummy!

Steph said...

YEA, I won!!!! Thank You so much!!! And that pizza looks so good!

christy rose said...

It looks like you had a wonderful Easter!! Congrats to Steph on winning your giveaway!! Have a great week!

jules said...

I guess she is not ready to meet everyone yet.

Those cupcakes look awesome...

Unknown said...

Looks like you all had a great weekend, and I think the cupcakes looked cute and yummy! That pizza looked delicious, too! Hopefully Alivia makes her debut soon, but not too soon!

Sarah @ Preaching In Pumps said...

AH tell little Alivia to wait!! I have something to send you all but it's not finished yet!!

Rosie said...

Alright....where oh where do you find the energy at this point to make those super cute desserts?
Glad Alivia is alright. Just a little bit longer to go!

Kristin said...

Morgan was sitting here and said he wants some of that spring pizza! What kind of crust is that? Looks yummy! And I love the bunny cupcakes. My girls would've loved those!

Love the pretty colored eggs too :)
Glad all is well with Alivia!

{:miss v:} said...

Sounds like it could be any day now! Soon you'll be mommy to three little munchkins! Yay!

Sounds like you all had a fun Easter. The cupcakes look adorable!

Caroline said...

Wow you are getting close and I know all about wanting to wait. The day I had my daughter I was at 4cm at Dr Appt and I came home did 2 loads of laundry made lunch and packed kids stuff for the next 2 days. I left home at 3pm and had Carly at 6pm. Fast and easy !! Praying all goes well for you at the right time.
The food looks so yummy !! Take care and thinking of you !!
Glad you got baby's room done.

Caroline

Linda said...

Veronica are you an over achiever?
You seem so ambitious to me. My goodness those desserts were so pretty and I bet they were delicious!

Alivia will come in God's perfect timing. So glad everything looked great in the sono.

It won't be long now...settle down and rest up for the job ahead.

Love you precious girl!

Momma Linda

He & Me + 3 said...

That dessert looked delish and those cupcakes are adorable. congrats to Steph. So glad you had a nice relaxing Easter.

amanda said...

that spring pizza...looks so yummy. is it a cream cheese type 'sauce'. i love strawberries and kiwi, but not much other fruit...so that would be the most perfect pizza ever!

i also love the pictures from your Easter. we didn't take any. i'm a lame mom like that i guess. but i did have the camera in the van if that counts. ((honestly though, my sil was being helpful and took the kids outside to find their eggs so by the time i got out there with my pregnant waddling butt...they already found their egg. (shaun's gma just gives each great grandkid one to find) oh well.))

and just so you know, your giveaway will be featured tomorrow on my blog! thanks for blogging about it!!

Joyeful said...

Can't wait to see pics of your little one! She'll be here before ya know it but I know how hard the waiting gets towards the end!

And those cupcakes and fruit pizza looked DELICIOUS!

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

Beautiful pictures!!

Our first three little ones are girls (followed by four boys). It was such a sweet, sweet time our lives. Full of pink!

Blessings as you enter this new stage in your life.

Love your blog, by the way. I'm following now! (I found you via Amanda's blog)

Blessings!