Now that I'm down to the last eight weeks (or less) of the pregnancy, I think it's all kind of hitting me now. I'm getting bigger and more uncomfortable and even though I feel blessed to be experiencing this for a third time, I still have my moments where I just wish I could be done already. I really try hard not to accentuate the negatives of pregnancy because I understand that it is a gift not to be taken lightly. There are still those days though where I get overwhelmed and feel like the pregnancy is never going to come to an end. I know that it's silly to think that, but it really can feel like forever in the moment.
Lately I've been struggling a lot with fear. Specifically, fear of the time coming up soon where I have to deliver this little girl. It's been getting to the point where it's consuming my thoughts. I've been trying to remind myself that I do not have to take it all on my own and I've been asking the Lord to be with me and help me get through this last part. It's funny how even after two other pregnancies and deliveries, I still fear the delivery as if it's my first time going through this. I know that it's something I have to do and I will get through it but it's still hard not to be nervous.
Back when I was pregnant with Audrey, a friend of mine lent me a great little booklet called Prayers and Promises for Supernatural Childbirth by Jackie Mize.
I talked a little bit about it HERE last year on Audrey's birthday when I shared how awesome my birth experience with her was. I know that if I could have one amazing delivery, I can for sure experience that again! It was totally a God thing and I'm still amazed when I look back on that day.
I recently purchased that little booklet and another one that goes with it to help me prepare for what lies ahead. I want to have faith and not be fearful of what's to come. I know we serve a BIG God who loves us and wants to grant the desires of our hearts. I know He will carry me through!
Well, sorry I don't have any fun pictures to share today. In all my emotionalness ( I know that's not a word but whatever) I've gotten myself all turned around and now I can't decide on which direction to go with Alivia's nursery. I had thought I wanted to order a crib set with the little love birds on it, but now I'm not sure about it after all. I don't have much time left and I really want to get that settled already but I just can't make up my mind. Does anyone have any suggestions out there for affordable crib bedding that's not pastel colors? I want to find something that's different but not too different. I was on the verge of buying this one this weekend when my Hubby shot me down and said it looked too much like the circus!!!
Oh well, back to square one with less than eight weeks to go!


17 comments:
I SO remember just wanting to be done too.....those last few weeks are so hard, but you can do it!! And you can do this childbirth thing again too!!! Just breathe, relax, and meditate on God's promises. Did you see over at Joye's blog.....she might be about to have her baby! Yay! I'm going to be so excited when you have Alivia that I won't be able to stand it! Good luck finding a crib set.....I will look around and see what I can find.
I'm sorry you've been feeling blah lately. I remember feeling like I'd be pregnant forever. It was like I couldn't even remember what it was like to not be pregnant!
I'll be praying for you that the next several weeks go by smoothly for you and that you feel more comfortable.
I love that crib set! Totally way cute! Although, I really really liked the birdie one! haha!
Have a good Tuesday!
So sorry you are feeling sad, bad, and everything in between! We are always here for you!! Praying for a wonderful birthing experience! I am over the pastel colors, too! Since we both had the same bedding for our girls. I like that one, but I think all of it together might be overwhelming with all the flowers. I think next time I am just going to buy it all in pieces at like Target or something. But who knows! Good luck!
I am right there with you. The end starts to make you crazy and miserable, but you have to remember it's not far away!
I really like your bedding that is pictures, but if you are interested in still looking around, check out http://www.babysupermall.com/main/browse/infant-bedding-finder-results.html?Page=1&GEN=2343
I found mine on there, and was able to locate a cheaper deal from googling it. Maybe you can find one you really like, and then find it cheaper.
Hang in there. You're sooo close and, as you know, it'll all be a distant memory soon when you're holding your sweet baby in your arms. As for the delivery, a wise mom told me to picture Jesus holding my hand throughout. It really helped with Him on one side and hubby on the other. Take care!
Laurie
I remember the "I am just so ready to be done with this pregnancy thing" feeling! :) But it will be here before you know it and you will be holding that sweet baby girl in your arms. Just the thought of that brings a smile to my face as I remember that happening in my life 5 different times as well. And each time, that baby came into this world just as God planned. :)
BTW, I love that beautiful crib set.
It is gorgeous!!
I remember feeling this way...ready to just have the baby. Pregnancy is such a beautiful gift but it does bring certain discomfort at the end. That is totally natural to feel like this. And you will be completely fine...I understand the fear. I had it the first time but the second time I was fearless...ha! So much so that I would love to experience it again...though I don't believe I will...given my situation. Anyway, I am rambling...All this to say that I know that you will overcome this fear...and the Lord is with you and He will help you through it!
The bedding is sort of cute...sorry...to me it looks hippie like...I like the colors though...vibrant and happy. I can't help much in the bedding department. I got both of mine at Toys r Us and at Target. I was at Ikea this past weekend and they have some cute/different things. Dwell Studio has some cute things too. www.dwellstudio.com
Be well Veronica...I'll be praying for you.
P actually like the bedding- i think it is a little over the top with ALL the matching accessories- but if you take away the diaper stacker and toy thingy behind it would acutally be REALLY cute!!!
Vernica
You will be fine. Once they place that little baby in your arms all the fear and pain will be gone.
My friend once told me when she gets a painful mammography she pictures Jesus on the cross enduring so much pain for her and it makes her pain much smaller.
Your almost to the finish line.
I got that way towards the end too. i think it is nerves and just being anxious. I had an awesome delivery with Model but was still nervous with Stunt Man.
praying that you have a great and easy delivery. I love that bedding. Sorry you got shot down.
Awwwweeee, I like the bedding. Maybe all the pieces together would be too much. I just read your birth story. Really gives me baby fever. I tried to go natural with my 1st and 2nd but I just couldn't do it. But I want to read that book now and see if I can do it for the 3rd - if we have a 3rd. Pretty soon we will be reading Alivia's birth story :o)
You have absolutely nothing to apologize for-you take your time and take care of you! We'll be here when you get back!!!!!!
Love ya
thanks for your kind words. I remember all too clearly those last couple of weeks. Hang in there. Before you know it, it will be 4:17am and you will be posting comments on blogs because the baby isn't sleeping.
praying for you my sweet friend!! that's really all i can say. because it's really all that matters. :0)
(Take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt, because I've never have a baby and have no idea what I'm talking about!!)
I was at at a contemplative practice workshop yesterday and we were talking about different ways to integrate meditation into Christian practices. We literally sat in silence for 20 minutes and just tried to release our minds. When my mind started to wander (and that was ... often) I just talked to God to bring myself back.
I wonder if the same technique could be applied to childbirth. During the contractions, connect with God and ask for strength to get through to the end. I think it would be a really powerful way to be with God.
You are not a bad friend. Goodness, 8 weeks left. Hormones. I cried constantly - for 18 months of my life (both pregnancies). I was nervous as the birth of Scout approached, mostly because I was doing it natural. That and I felt I was abandoning Bella and that hurt me so much. So much goes through us during this time. We still love you and understand your priorities right now. Take care of you!!!
ps...I personally like the 'circus' bedding set :o)
Don't worry about being a bad friend! You're not at all!! I think we all can relate to wanting to be done when getting closer to the end. It can get quite uncomfortable!
Post a Comment