Thursday, March 4, 2010

Busy, busy

So I've been MIA a few more days this week on my blog but it's been for good reason.  We've had a ton of stuff going on around here this week.  Monday was my last day to take custom orders for my hat business.  It was bittersweet for me to put my business on hold but I know it was the right thing to do.  I'm still working on completing this week's orders and hopefully I'll be able to make a few more hats to list on my website before the baby comes.   

On Tuesday, I FINALLY found a crib set for Alivia that both my Hubby and I could agree on.  It is totally different than any of the other sets I've posted before and I'm really excited about it!  My favorite color is teal/aqua so I ended up finding this one for a great price online.  I ordered the four piece bed set shown in this picture,



this lamp (which is in the background of the room shown above),

and the matching diaper stacker!


I love this new color scheme, but the only thing is, now that we're not staying with a traditionally girly girl bed set, my Hubby's going to have to repaint the room.  I'm thinking we'll probably end up going with just a neutral creme color.

This week I've also been getting ready for Audrey's birthday party which is next Saturday already!  I finally got to ordering her party decorations, and  her birthday shirt from Miss Kristin, which I'm also really excited about!

                                                 
I just can't believe that my baby will be turning TWO in just one week!

In addition to getting ready for baby and party planning this week, we've also been car shopping.  It's been an interesting adventure so far but we're having faith and trusting the Lord to guide us in the right direction! 

Well, it's been a crazy busy week for sure but things are looking up.  Getting things done on my to-do list feels great!

P.S.  I just had to share a prayer request with all of you that's been heavy on my heart today.  Last week I was contacted by a lady in AL who was interested in ordering some hats for some babies of a co-worker of hers.  What was so special was that the hats were going to be for quads.  Well, as it turns out this week, things took a turn for the worst and the mom, who was already in pre-term labor and in hospital had no choice but to deliver the babies and all but one survived.  From the last update I received, the baby girl who did make it was only a pound and they were not expecting her to make it.  My heart was crushed when I read today's update.  The momma doesn't have a blog I can link to, but I know her name is Kim.  Please pray for Kim and her family tonight.

13 comments:

The Pifer's said...

LOVE this! I think this was one of Ashley's top favorites too! Can't wait to see the nursery all done :)

Trisha Larson said...

I will definitely pray for Kim and her family. I KNOW what she is experiencing. If you feel comfortable, you might want to send her friend my DROWNING post. I think that it would be helpful for others to understand so they know how to help.


Bummer about the hats. I was going to order 2 for a friend that is having twin girls next month.


Hugs,
Trisha

Stephanie said...

Oh how sad...it breaks my heart when I hear of moms losing their babies. I will be praying!

So excited you picked out bedding - it's SO pretty! I've determined to make V's bedding when we move her to a toddler bed. I love being able to make unique things for my kids. Hope you are doing well. I'll have to call you again soon, but wanted to let you know I am feeling much better this week.

Sarah @ Preaching In Pumps said...

Keeping Kim and her family in my prayers ...

Love the bedding. What a great color combination.

Kristin said...

I said a prayer for Kim. I am so sorry to hear about that.

I just love that bedding set! It's going to be SO pretty and my head is swirling with ideas already of fabrics I've seen that are in that same color that I could use to make her a pretty shirt :D

First, I better get busy on Audrey's shirt! LOL!! I love that picture of her!

Unknown said...

Busy, busy is for sure! I love the bedding! Praying for Kim and her family.

Stephanie said...

I love that set-it's going to look great!!!!!

Praying for Kim and her family-that's heartbreaking!

Angie said...

Love love love that crib bedding Ver! It will look great!

Definitely praying for Kim and her family.

Have a great Friday friend!!

Rosie said...

That's so sad about the babies! How far along was she when she delivered?

I LOVE the baby bedding. Those were the colors of my wedding b/c it's my fave too!
Can't wait to see if finished Super mom ;)

Elisabeth said...

bless kim's heart my heart is so broken for her. I will be praying for her daughter. We serve a God of miracles!

I love Alivia's bedding set! Can't wait for her to get here!

Amy said...

Love the bedding! So cute. I too love that color combo.

I will be praying for Kim and her family.
Blessings,
Amy

jules said...

I love those colors you chose. The nursery will be adorable.

As is the birthday girl...adorable.

Holly said...

Oh my goodness, my prayer goes out to Kim as she deals with all that has been put in front of her. It's going to be very difficult and I pray she feels God's comfort.

I can definitely understand busyness! lol I've had that too! I really like the teal and chocolate colors!