Yesterday was the BIG day! Our family got together to celebrate Audrey's 2nd Birthday!
(The birthday girl snuggling with her Auntie Dolly here)
Like I talked about last week, my goal was for the party to be just an easy and small party just for the family. The only problem was, in my book, there isn't really such thing as just a simple party. I love making all the extra treats and decorating to my heart's content. Normally I can handle it all, but this year was different.
I thought I had it all together but time just seemed to fly by and I didn't really feel like I had a good handle on getting everything done by the time I wanted to. Somewhere in the middle of the day yesterday, I had a meltdown. (THANK YOU, PREGNANCY HORMONES)! I sat in my room, cried like a baby and then re-grouped. With the help of my two awesome sisters, Yvonne and Dolly, everything fell into place and we were able to get things done by party time! My sister Dolly helped bigtime to get dinner made, which included homemade chicken enchiladas, beans and rice (thanks for the help on those, Mom), while Yvonne finished up with all the yummy treats!
I ordered all of our party decorations from Birthday Direct. Their prices are always so good and what was even cooler was that I was able to use part of my $100 gift card that Betty Crocker gave to me through MyBlogSpark to buy the decorations. What a blessing!
I baked these butterfly cookies and Yvonne did the best job decorating them. So cute, huh? :)
On Friday night, we put these goodie bags together and attatched some tags I made on my computer to give the treats some personalization.
And somewhere in between making all the other treats yesterday, Yvonne and Dolly managed to make these yummy chocolate covered strawberries too!
And... if those treats weren't enough, we also made these yummy cupcakes too!
Here's my birthday girl chowing down on chips and dip! It's kinda hard to see her t-shirt really well, but it was made especially for the party by Kristin! It had the cutest butterflies on it with her name just under the butterflies. So, so cute!
And last but not least, here's the cake we ended up making with some help from Betty Crocker.com! If you go HERE, you can even watch a cool video they have on their website that shows you exactly how to make this cake!
Let me just add in here that I am far from a professional baker! It was a bit of a challenge to decorate the cake just like the one that Betty crocker provides on their website! Since I only had one chance to get the wings right, I decided to put aside my perfectionist tendancies and just go for it with decorating the cake! I probably should have practiced a little bit before I started, but in the end, I think it turned out okay. With the help of the glittery sprinkles, and the other candy decorations, I think it turned out pretty cute and it tasted delicious!
All in all, it was a great party! What made it even more special was that I got to take some video with my new Flip video camcorder that was also given to me by Betty Crocker through MyBlogSpark! Here's just one video of us (I'll work on sharing more this week) singing the Happy Birthday song to Audrey! It will give you a little glimpse of our silly family and you'll even see me and my ever growing belly! Only six more weeks to go until the next big event!!!
Happy Birthday, Audrey! from Veronica on Vimeo.
P.S. A big thank you to Betty Crocker and MyBlogSpark for providing me with the awesome blessing of the VIP Betty Crocker coupons, the $100 gift card and the Flip camera! It will be a party to remember!
16 comments:
What a great party. You really out did yourself. The cake was adorable and all the decorations were fabulous. What a sweet party. Loved the video too.
Awwww!!! I just loved getting to see y'all on the video!! It looks like everyone was having a great time. That was so cute that she was trying to touch the candle. You look so adorable too with your little belly! :)
Everything looked great! I love how everything went together! I hope she had a really fun time! I can't believe it was right around this time last year that I really started getting to know you! A whole year has passed by already! But, then again it seems like we've known each other forever.
Hope you got some rest today! Love ya!
The video was precious! Poor baby kept trying to touch the flame! :) how funny was she! :) the decorations, the food, the cake... it all looks great! Yeah for sisters who help! :)
Everything looked so pretty! Great job!
Great job. It looks like it was a fun party.
Blessings,
Amy
What a great party !!! Everything looks great !! Happy 2nd birthday Audrey !!!
Caroline
i commented on fb about the pics and stuff. but it's fun seeing them again and getting more of the story. :0) i love your pregnant belly...although i think i look as pregnant as you do and i have way longer than six weeks. :0) oh well. myblogspark seems like a great thing. what a blessing. and i hope you get your package if you haven't already, today. i sent it out tuesday for peter's sake.
Veronica the decoration for the party were so awesome!! I loved the cake. It was so adorable and the cookies and the favors! Wow! You really did go all out and it all was so cute! There is no way I would have tackled all of that and I am not 34 weeks pregnant. Thank God you had such wonderful sisters to help. I loved watching the video. I felt like I was right there around the table with all of you!!! I am sure that Audrey had a wonderful birthday!!! She is so cute!!!
Ver, you did a FANTASTIC job on that party!! I am loving the cake.
I loved when Audrey started clapping at the end ... :)
Glad everything went well! Love everything! Trevor & I enjoyed the video. Trevor wants to watch the other ones too. :)
Wow that cake and those cookies are phenomonal!!!!!! You guys did a wonderful job and you are so blessed to have two great sisters!
Things can get very stressful when you're pregnant but sit back and let people help you-that's the best part about being pregnant :)
That cake is too cute! All the decorations and the cookies. Wow Veronica it all turned out beautiful!
You look great by the way. Time is flying so fast!
Happy (belated) Birthday sweet Audrey!
Looks like a great party, and all those treats made my sweet tooth hurt!! Yummy! I love, love, love her shirt! Great job, Kristin!!
Wow those deserts all looked wonderful. The cake was so pretty.
Looks like Audrey had a wonderful time.
It turned out really great! Way to go! I'm glad you had some help preparing. It's always nice to have some extra hands. :)
OH I love how the cake ended up! And all the decor' too adorable! I love butterflies! I am so glad that her birthday party turned out great!
Love ya!
Post a Comment