Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I've got sunshine

Wow!  It's been a crazy busy last couple of days and I'm sitting here tonight just trying to catch my breath!  I'm totally behind on blogging but I'm hoping to get caught up in the next day or so here!

So what have I been up to these last couple of days?  Well, in addition to having to get a ton of out-of-the house errands done, I've been working really hard at getting the girls out to do something fun with them.  I've come to realize that most of my days are consumed with stuff I'm always trying to get done and I don't always make the time to get the girls out to as much as I should. 

The weather here has been amazing this week, so yesterday I took the opportunity to get the girls out to enjoy the sun!  As soon as lunch was over, we headed out for a ride in the neighborhood in the girls' Barbie Jeep.  They had the best time just crusin' around!  After that, we headed to the park, which is literally across the street from our house!  We played and I realized just how much more fun we could have if I just made it a priority to get out more!  I even took my Flip camera along with me to record the girls but for some reason I'm having trouble successfully uploading any of the videos on to both Blogger and Facebook.  Maybe someone out there can share with me what works for them as far as successful uploading techniques.  I'm not too excited about using YouTube, but if anyone has any suggestions, that would be great!  I know my computer isn't that slow but for some reason, I just can't upload any videos! :(

Today was another beautiful day!  I was on the go pretty much all day and my sister Yvonne was a huge help in watching the girls this morning while I went to register Alyssa for Kindergarden and went to the dentist.  I managed to make it back to school today without crying (go me!) so I consider it a huge success!  When I went to pick up the girls at my sister's after lunchtime, this is what I found...

 
My sister had set up the slip n slide out in front of her house and let the girls have fun playing in the water!  Audrey was having a great time playing with Alyssa and her cousin Natalya too but she wasn't exactly fully clothed so I can't really post a pic of her! :)  Maybe next time!

Well, before I get to rambling any more, I just wanted to say thanks so much to all my sweet friends out there who are always there to encourage me when I'm having a bad day.  I am seriously so blessed!  And since I didn't have a picture of Audrey to post from their splish splashin' fun, here's one I took of her tonight while I was making dinner.  I was making spaghetti and she spied the olives from a mile away!

My sweet girl, I just love her so much!

P.S.  Just a reminder...I'll be closing the giveaway for the Wanchai Ferry Prize pack (which includes a $25 Target gift card) tomorrow afternoon.  Be sure to head over to my review blog if you haven't entered in yet!  Also...you can go HERE to check out another new and yummy giveaway for some delicious pound cake mix from my friend Amanda's Wildtree business!

10 comments:

{:miss v:} said...

I am always up too late and seem to see your posts as they're posted! haha!

I'm glad you were able to get out with the girls and get some fresh air! I've really got to get better about that too!

Glad your trip to the school went well and you didn't cry! It was so funny tonight because Evan ran out of his overnight diapers so I had to run out to Target and get some. When I was out, I decided to stop at the BabiesRus that's right next door to check out their selection of 'Sit and Spin' toys. As I walked in, it reminded me of when Evan was first born and how I went in to get a few things for his bassinet. It made me sad because I really enjoyed that time and I miss it so much. Funny how as they grow up you get all sad. Can't they just stay little forever?

Sarah @ Preaching In Pumps said...

Hey there!!

I've been meaning to e-mail you about my experience with Vimeo, so I'll just give you my thoughts here.

The reason that I decided to open up a Vimeo account is because it is much more secure than YouTube. There are much stricter criteria for what you can and cannot post (nothing inappropriate, you can't post videos you get offline, etc.) and because of that I don't think that people often just randomly search for videos. You can look at how many views your videos are getting and I haven't noticed any more views that the people I've sent the videos too.

You can sign up for the free version and you get up to 500 mb of space to upload a week - which has been more than enough for me!! Once you upload, Vimeo actually verifies the videos (to make sure there is no inappropriate content, etc.) which takes about a half an hour. Once that's done, you can either send people the link to view (so you could post the link on facebook) and you can embed it directly into your blog like you would a youtube video.

I hope this helps!! I've had a positive experience using Vimeo, and I've seen a lot of other bloggers starting to use it as well.

jules said...

Oh my goodness! Go check out my last post to see the weather difference from here to there!!! I would take your weather any day.

Paige said...

i can't wait for summer!!! and I got my hats day before yesterday!! so cute!! thanks so much!

Kristin said...

Ha! I love that pic of Audrey. She's growing up so fast! I can't believe it was warm enough to play on the slip and slide!! It's been beautifully sunny here this week, but still in the 50's. At least in the car, we can pretend it's summer because we just feel the warmth from the sun. I'm glad you've been having a good time with the girls!

He & Me + 3 said...

OK...I just can't believe that they are in bathing suits. OMGoodness how fun. Not sure when it will warm up that much here. Maybe mid July:)
Cute olive picture...does Audry eat them or just play with them. My kids just play with them. LOL

Kari said...

I wish we could do the slip n slide right now! Dream on. It's cold and the wind is blowing snow in right now!

I think you can upload videos to photobucket :o)

christy rose said...

Aww! Look at them in their swimming suits. I can not wait for the day that can happen here again. :)

Holly said...

I'm currently trying to catch up on blogs. I've been absent for about a week and when I checked my reader I had over 500 posts! A little daunting. Only 450 to go!! I'm gonna try to read them all. Commenting may be a different story. :)

I always loved slip n slides growing up. We had several but we always ended up with holes in them.

Linda said...

Hi V, You have me "California Dreamin" with the slip and slide picture. I long for some time in the sun. Today it is sleeting here and they say some snow is on the way again tonight!

I loved the weather when I lived in California growing up. I miss it sometimes.

Thanks for the comment today. Yes, we did have a good time at the concert. (Crazy seats...but oh well) ((smile))

My girls used to put the olives on their fingers just like Audrey in this cute picture.

Happy Saturday!

Love You,
Momma Linda