I know this sounds shallow, but one of the things that was really weighing me down was my new haircut. I had been feeling frumpy for weeks and I was excited to get to feeling good again after getting my hair cut last week. It's amazing what a haircut will do for your self-esteem, especially at seven months pregnant. Anyhow...like I mentioned yesterday, my new look isn't exactly one that I love. I even used the word "hate" to describe how I felt about it. Well, today, I tried to style it again in an attempt to have a more positive attitude about it. After lunch I sat down to try to take a picture of my hair and this sweet little rascal came down and sat beside me. How's that for turning a frown upside down? :)
I think what bothers me the most about this new cut is the fact that the top layer feel like wings or something. I noticed that if I try to make that part go back, it tends to look a little better...
I'm hoping as the week goes on, I'll get more used to it!
Well, it's the end of the day and I ended up getting lots done. There is still so much more waiting to be done, but in the meantime, I'm thankful for the reminder that the Lord's mercies are new every single morning!
P.S. I just wanted to say a special thank you to my sweet bloggy friend Maryellen, who's comment the other day really touched me. It was a day I felt that I had gotten nothing accomplished:
Veronica:
Taking a nap for a busy pregnant, wife, mom, hat business owner, home-maker, sister, daughter is not doing nothing. It is accomplishing much. It is giving you the needed rest to keep all those things above going. You can't serve others out of an empty cup. Keep your cup full first than you serve out of the overflow. So you did indeed accomplish much with that nap.
Thanks so much for that reminder. You have no idea what your words meant to me. :)
19 comments:
I LOVE your new haircut! And I'm not just saying that! It looks really really good! I know what you mean about having to get used to something though.
I'm glad you were able to get things done today. I had a bunch of stuff to accomplish today as well but because some took a lot of time, I'll pick up where I left off tomorrow!
Have a good day tomorrow!
I think you look adorable! Getting used to a new haircut is not easy, but I think it is cute!
Hope you have another smile today! :)
I like your new do! You can't see the "wings" in the pics :) I really like your bangs!! Being overwhelmed is no fun! I will be praying that you feel at peace with everything that "needs to be done!" Have a great day!
it's a cute haircut! now, go take another nap. I think I might after reading that nice comment! Have a great day.
I love the new haircut!! I can see where the top layer would take something to get used to, but maybe even try taking a clip and pulling that top layer back for something a little different.
Remember you are only human and have a lot going on ... and never underestimate the power of a good cry!! :)
That was such a sweet comment by your friend! I love when our blog friends know just what we need!
Now, I was on FB and saw your update and had to rush over here to tell you how much I love your new haircut! I think it looks so cute and so shiny and healthy! I really do!! It looks so pretty! When my Aunt cut my hair last time, she cut the top way shorter than the bottom and it took me a while to get used to it too, because I felt like it was sticking out, but it really does take the weight off of it, I think and make it look so bouncy and healthy.
So, I hope you will end up liking it after all. The pictures of you look really great! I love Alyssa in that one too.....so cute!
Hope you end up having a great day today!!
When you blog ya have a whole team of encouragers who can lift ya up and make ya feel better! I love that! Your friends comment was sweet.
It is hard to be a young mother and to be pregnant and try to do everything when you are tired. But I think you do a great job.
I LOVE your hair...and like Kristin said...it is sooo shiny and healthy.
Have a wonderful day my sweet girl.
Love, Momma Linda
Oh...and Alyssa is beautiful too. I love that picture. She is just adorable...just like her mommy.
I think the haircut looks cute, but I totally understand having to get used to a new haircut. I tend to get comfortable with a certain hairstyle and have a hard time changing it up. I love Maryellen's comment - it's one I will remember too. Thanks for sharing! Hope your SMILE stays on today - remember there is ALWAYS something to be joyful about when we are IN CHRIST!
I think that your new haircut is SUPER cute! I am terrified to go short but if I did, I would want it to look something like that! LOVE the picture of you are your daughter. Her curls are sooo purdy!
I think the haircut is super cute. I love the swoop bangs and the layers. Looks great on you. Alyssa is adorable and how could you not smile after seeing her sweet face.
What a sweet comment from Maryellen too.
I perfectly understand your feeling like there is a Mountain of work to do... but, I am even happier that you and your sweet daughter shared your smiles with us... it even made my afternoon of tasks so much lighter.
Your new -"do" is so pretty Veronica...I love it!!!
Hang in there.. I am sure that you accomplished what really matters to the Lord.. a happy heart and serving Him!
Keep looking up!
I like your hair cut! However, if you really are still not happy with it, go back to the one that did it and see if they can fix it more to your liking. I am sure they wouldn't mind. I think it's cute though. I love getting a new hair cut; which only happens to me a couple of times a year. I have super straight hair so I don't have many options.
I think your haircut looks great! I'm sure you will grow to like it as you get used to it. :-)
That cut is super cute! I would love to have something like that as well but my crazy curly hair is not made for that!
You take care.
I think it looks cute, I have had those same feelings though. If you don't like it, it is hard to stay confident. I have my highlights go all wrong before and it is depressing. I tell myself it is just hair, and it does grow. Have you tried pulling the sides up with bobby pins? I think that always looks cute, add some volume to the top (tease) and pull the bangs over. I think that would be really cute plus it would get rid of the top layer if you don't like it.
I think you look great in your new cut but no doubt it will take some getting used to. Good thing hair grows! I love the comment that was left for you b/c it's so true. Getting a nap is accomplishing something b/c it's giving us energy!
I love your haircut! You look adorable and so does Alyssa! And I can see why that sweet comment would make you feel very encouraged. :)
You haircut looks GREAT!
Make sure you are taking enough naps because you don't want to end up sick and pregnant because you aren't getting enough sleep! (speaking from experience here...I'm currently not feeling great and freaking out that I could go into labor at any time...not to mention that you can't take any cold medicine while pg!)
Post a Comment